• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

You won't get the medal. To get it you have to meet the requirements in the same playthrough of that level.

So yeah, for achievements it's cumulative and you can also reload checkpoints to boost them. For medals it is not cumulative, and you can't boost with checkpoint reload (although you can reload a checkpoint as many times as you want till you are happy with that segment)

Darn it. Alright thanks, I guess my second playthrough will be harder than I thought!

Kssio_Aug

Ok, there's about a month that I don't play the game, for various reasons (none of them because of the game quality, cause I loved it). So right now I'm downloading all the episodes I haven't and the extra ones...

How do I play Raid in online co-op though?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Ok, there's about a month that I don't play the game, for various reasons (none of them because of the game quality, cause I loved it). So right now I'm downloading all the episodes I haven't and the extra ones...

How do I play Raid in online co-op though?

Online? Just walk up to the blue door in the Raid vestibule to invite or join

For split screen, it's an option on the pause menu, again in the Vestibule

Kssio_Aug

Online? Just walk up to the blue door in the Raid vestibule to invite or join

For split screen, it's an option on the pause menu, again in the Vestibule

Yup, online co-op!
Its not showing any option when I reach the blue door. Is that because I still haven't downloaded episode 4?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Yup, online co-op!
Its not showing any option when I reach the blue door. Is that because I still haven't downloaded episode 4?

That.... is a good question! There was a patch for online as well, maybe it only downloads for the full game. Not sure. I'd go ahead and get everything, then check for updates

Kssio_Aug

That.... is a good question! There was a patch for online as well, maybe it only downloads for the full game. Not sure. I'd go ahead and get everything, then check for updates

Yeah I imagined about an update, but when I started the game it did not download any.
May be because of episode 4. I'll post here as soon as I finish downloading it.

Someone tell me about raid mode it has me interested in this game.

Raid mode reminds me of multiplayer from 2 different games. It's basically 1, or now 2, person horde mode, but instead of "survive as long as you can" it's just clear X amount of enemies (around 30-40 or so, at least early off). You level up and unlock new weapons and customizable parts, which is the old carrot on a stick approach. This aspect reminds me of the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, where unlocking new stuff is exciting on its own. Not as deep or random as ME3 mp is, though. It's not bad; fully appreciated if you consider it as an extra to the campaign.

You could always buy just episode 1 which will grant you access to full Raid Mode. I think the episodes standalone are like $6 each.

Dizzy-4U

Oh man, I didn't know you have to witness the giant's death in order to get Bloodied Gina.

I did the event several times. I missed one day and it's all over :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh man, I didn't know you have to witness the giant's death in order to get Bloodied Gina.

I did the event several times. I missed one day and it's all over :(

I don't know that we even know how this actually works yet? Do we?

MrPanic

I don't know that we even know how this actually works yet? Do we?

I did see some people mention on the re forums that they joined a hacker that killed the monster with their infinite weapons and got the medal next to that objective because of it. The peeps on there don't seem like the most reliable ones but seeing how crap this event was in general, I wouldn't be surprised it would actually work like that.

Kssio_Aug

I can't access online co-op neither.
When I go to the blue door, there's nothing to do... no button prompt, anything.

Just downloaded the episode 4 btw (and I have every episode installed already).

XB1 version here btw.

Edit:
Recorded what I'm saying:
http://xboxclips.com/CassioAug/2c62a8ff-ea19-49a1-af35-e435e97d9184

Edit 2:
Oh, GREAT! I've just read that XB1 version still has not received it, and there's no time frame... 7 days after the PS4/PC release. Capcom had to shit on the XB1 version somehow, of course!! Amazing...

News Bot

Banned
My interview with Yasuhiro Anpo is expected next week. It focuses on unresolved aspects of the story, so spoilers within. Here are the questions I asked:

1. How was Claire found after jumping into the ocean from the tower?

2. When and how did Barry obtain Moira’s distress call?

3. Is Claire still infected with t-Phobos after the ending? There was no vaccine in the game, t-Phobos has a very low antibody rate, and Claire never "overcomes" fear since her bracelet never goes above orange.

4. Alex coughs during a scene in the game. Was this a hint that she was dying? If so, why was she dying?

5. Alex was injected with the same virus as Albert and the other Wesker Children. However, she isn't superhuman and didn't die like the other Weskers. Why is that?

6. Neil Fisher's mutation is very different from Uroboros infectees in BIO5. Was his mutation influenced by t-Phobos, like Alex in the final battle? (If so, why is his bracelet always green?)

7. Why did Neil want to revive the FBC when the BSAA is now an even larger and stronger organization?

8. In the bad ending, Natalia displays incredible strength and glowing red eyes. Is she a t-Phobos adapter able to become superhuman, like how Albert Wesker became superhuman after adapting to the variant virus in BIO1? If so, can Moira also become superhuman since she overcame fear like Natalia?

9. When was the painting with Albert and Alex drawn and how did they know each other? Alex seems to have romantic feelings for him, as well as viewing him as a brother and an equal, an oddly close relationship that parallels Gregor/Grete in Kafka's The Metamorphosis, as well as Jupiter/Juno in Greek mythology.

10. Spencer asked Alex to develop a virus for immortality, but it seems she failed since this isn't mentioned in the game. Why was the immortality virus dropped in favor of transferring the mind to a new body, from both an "in-universe" perspective and from a scenario writing perspective?

Neff

My interview with Yasuhiro Anpo is expected next week. It focuses on unresolved aspects of the story, so spoilers within. Here are the questions I asked:

Regarding the Wesker question, it was the self-administered virus supplied by Birkin to withstand the attack from the Tyrant in BIO1 that infused him with his powers, correct? IIRC the Wesker Children treatment was simply to boost the intellect of already unusually intelligent children, albeit in cases fatally.

Bardiche

Looking forward to hearing his responses. Thanks for asking him questions that we've all been wondering about.

Completed the Omega mission. Died once, but it wasn't that bad, Also completed the last Gauntlet VIII (Hard) mission without dying and very few bullets left. I fully expect to bite it when I try the mission again on Very Hard.

So is that Huge Monster event mission finally over?

News Bot

Banned
Regarding the Wesker question, it was the self-administered virus supplied by Birkin to withstand the attack from the Tyrant in BIO1 that infused him with his powers, correct? IIRC the Wesker Children treatment was simply to boost the intellect of already unusually intelligent children, albeit in cases fatally.

That virus was used by all of the last thirteen Wesker Children. It was a variant strain of the t-Virus designed to elucidate the Progenitor Virus' ability to create physically and intellectually superior immortal superhumans.

Albert and Alex were the only ones to survive it, while Albert was the only one to become superhuman as a result but failed to gain any intellect boost or immortality. I am hoping at the very least that the virus caused Alex's illness.

Jackpot

Banned
Why was the immortality virus dropped in favor of transferring the mind to a new body, from both an "in-universe" perspective and from a scenario writing perspective?

I would guess that
transferring her mind to a new body every time she got old or sick was Alex's immortality solution. Only for some reason it doesn't occur to her until she sees her duplicate awakening in Natalia that "a copy is not the original".

News Bot

Banned
I would guess that
transferring her mind to a new body every time she got old or sick was Alex's immortality solution. Only for some reason it doesn't occur to her until she sees her duplicate awakening in Natalia that "a copy is not the original".

Actually, the copy not being the original was the point. She's much like Robert Angier in The Prestige in this regard. She digitized her mind and memories and then implanted them into Natalia with the intent to kill herself and allow a new version of her to continue on.

Something I like is that this process is basically a digitization of what the Queen Leech achieved with James Marcus in BIO0. Separate entities and the original remained dead, but the original's memories were copied and it could carry on the original's will. I wonder if this was an intentional similarity, like how REV2 uses an enhanced version of BIO0's partner swapping system.

Gurish

I can't believe I got the (end game spoilers)
bad ending for not doing the Chapter 3's QTE with Moira, no doubt, this is the dumbest way to punish a player with a bad ending
really liked the game but
the ending left me sour, I'm not gonna reply chapter 3 and 4 for the good ending
, fuck that :(

News Bot

Banned
I can't believe I got the (end game spoilers)
bad ending for not doing the Chapter 3's QTE with Moira, no doubt, this is the dumbest way to punish a player with a bad ending
really liked the game but
the ending left me sour, I'm not gonna reply chapter 3 and 4 for the good ending
, fuck that :(

BIO1's good ending for Jill hinged on whether you waited on Barry coming back to drop a rope.

Neff

That virus was used by all of the last thirteen Wesker Children. It was a variant strain of the t-Virus designed to elucidate the Progenitor Virus' ability to create physically and intellectually superior immortal superhumans.

Albert and Alex were the only ones to survive it, while Albert was the only one to become superhuman as a result but failed to gain any intellect boost or immortality. I am hoping at the very least that the virus caused Alex's illness.

So is this a form of retcon or a rather unneeded addition? As I understand it, until RE5, the only explanation for Wesker's powers seen in RECV was Birkin's virus, since there was no hint that he had powers prior to this.

In fact, he seemed to be surprised by his 'new' powers himself in Umbrella Chronicles after the scene in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86odRxKnCk#t=2m00

BIO1's good ending for Jill hinged on whether you waited on Barry coming back to drop a rope.

To be fair, REV2's bad ending is extremely dark, wheras the good ending is a spectacular, gameplay-focused feel-good finale you'll otherwise miss out on.

BIO1's bad ending is like "Where did X go? Never mind, I'm sure they got out."

I'll always lament the fact that my first experience with REV2 climaxed with the bad ending due to the game dropping me a too-late hint to switch characters. It would have been better to make the good ending automatic and the bad one the 'secret' one imo.

News Bot

Banned
So is this a form of retcon or a rather unneeded addition? As I understand it, until RE5, the only explanation for Wesker's powers seen in RECV was Birkin's virus, since there was no hint that he had powers prior to this.

In fact, he seemed to be surprised by his 'new' powers himself in Umbrella Chronicles after the scene in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K86odRxKnCk#t=2m00

I'm a little confused now too. There is only one virus involved with the Wesker Project. All of the Wesker Children were just normal children to parents of notable accomplishments. Birkin was charged with developing a t-Virus variant able to create superhumans. This virus was given to all thirteen remaining Weskers in 1998 to weed out the most genetically gifted. Albert survived and became superhuman. Alex survived but did not become superhuman. The rest died.

The goal of the t-Virus Project was to create a weakened strain of the Progenitor Virus capable of adapting to modern humans. The virus the Weskers were injected with in 1998 was the culmination of that plan and should've been completed to elucidate the intellect boost and immortality properties and correct instability, but the Raccoon City incident (including Birkin's death) destroyed that plan and the recovered G-Virus was too incomplete to act as a replacement.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Am I remembering this wrong. I recall reading that the Project W virus was given to their hosts by someone they trusted, that Birkin didn't actually create the virus but just handed it to Wesker, as Birkin was a person Wesker trusted. I might be mis-remembering as it's been a while since I've read RE5's files and it's a bit of a loose memory, but I swear I read that somewhere in RE5. In at least my foggier memory of this, I recall it being said Wesker was given the virus by Birkin, and also that the virus was given to the Wesker Children by those they trusted.

News Bot

Banned
Am I remembering this wrong. I recall reading that the Project W virus was given to their hosts by someone they trusted, that Birkin didn't actually create the virus but just handed it to Wesker, as Birkin was a person Wesker trusted. I might be mis-remembering as it's been a while since I've read RE5's files and it's a bit of a loose memory, but I swear I read that somewhere in RE5. In at least my foggier memory of this, I recall it being said Wesker was given the virus by Birkin, and also that the virus was given to the Wesker Children by those they trusted.

Birkin created the virus and gave it to Wesker not knowing that Spencer was pulling the strings by having him develop it in the first place.

I missed out on the huge creature dying ): game fucked me over I wasted a lot of ammo thanks Capcom didn't want the costume anyways......

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Auto Evade - Episode 3 Character -
....Neil.....
Hurler - Extra Episode Character -
.....Evgeny.....
Quick Heal - Multiple Characters -
Neil, Evgeny, Alex, Chris, Leon
maybe everyone actually >_>
Bewilder - Episode 4 Character -
Alex......

Bewilder feels more powerful I think. It affects enemies in an area and upgrades increase the time that enemies stay bewildered and how many times you can use it in a single match.

How do you unlock
Alex in Raid mode? I'm assuming she's the last unlockable character?

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Yeah that did the trick :)

she
was notoriously easy considering she's the last boss of Raid Mode. I beat her with my lvl 84 Wesker.

Jinjo

Bought this and Bloodborne about 2 weeks ago, didn't play this becayse Bloodborne occupied all my time until I finished it last friday. Continued on from Episode 1 yesterday and WOAH. Should have started with this first. Finished all of episode 2 and 3 and this is a really, really good resident evil. Great pacing, good encounter design and actually tense at times. For only 25 this is an absolute no-brainer for anyone that enjoyed any Resident Evil ever.

otSEuWq.png

from

https://twitter.com/BIO_OFFICIAL/status/586479705160691712

Doesnt seem like the last part is translated correctly? Are we getting new characters?

At least they know there's high demand for more content in REV2. Unlike with how they completely ignored that for RE6.

Jinjo

Bought this and Bloodborne about 2 weeks ago, didn't play this becayse Bloodborne occupied all my time until I finished it last friday. Continued on from Episode 1 yesterday and WOAH. Should have started with this first. Finished all of episode 2 and 3 and this is a really, really good resident evil. Great pacing, good encounter design and actually tense at times. For only 25 this is an absolute no-brainer for anyone that enjoyed any Resident Evil ever.

Finished it yesterday.

DAT ENDING.

Holy shit. Best Resident Evil ending ever. Chills all over lol.

Top Bottom