• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D |OT| Where the hell is Leon?

MooMoo

kiryogi said:
Haha. I have 3D on full all the time, it's a really nice effect.

It's no problem, for awhile there I was also just using random skills to go at it. Only recently have I finally decided on a serious skill set. Still manage some awesome scores regardless. The skills help, but what really matters is how you handle yourself. GAF is pretty good about keeping chains going and whatnot. . . Randoms online, not so much.

Only thing bugging me is getting the scores out of the 200ks for the EX Prison and Shipyard. It's pretty funny looking at the score list how low the Shipyard ones are.
Yeah, I might start leaving the 3D on now. In still shots/moments it's actually pretty ugly but in motion it's really sweet.

I once played with a random and he had that electricity skill. He kept on spamming it while I was getting mobbed and he pretty much ended up killing me -.-" Needless to say, that level ended pretty quickly lol.

Shipyard and prison are just poorly designed imo, the former even more so. Too many ladders and shit to climb, which eats up time. It doesn't help that the map is huge, which makes finding enemies hard. I haven't played the map too much, but I've never found a spot that consistently spawns enemies. The latter I'm actually okay with, I just haven't learned it quite yet. But I also think prison suffers similar problems as shipyard; big, too many ladders, and hard to find a consistent spawn area (I know the lava pit is a good area, but in my short experience I've seen it run dry).

Ken said:
Out of curiosity, how do you guys prefer to grab the time bonuses?

For example, ever since RE4 Mercenaries, I always picked up all the time bonuses on the map before killing. Seems like it would make keeping combos going easier, at least in solo play when you can't really afford to lose a second breaking a time bonus.
For solo I use the same strategy; grab them all before killing. It always made the most sense to me. In co-op mode, I kill enemies as I travel from time combo to time combo since co-op tends to be more about survival than beating the clock. Sort of an extension to your question, but do you guys have preferences as to when the combo timers are picked up?

Ken

MooMoo said:
Shipyard and prison are just poorly designed imo, the former even more so. Too many ladders and shit to climb, which eats up time. It doesn't help that the map is huge, which makes finding enemies hard. I haven't played the map too much, but I've never found a spot that consistently spawns enemies. The latter I'm actually okay with, I just haven't learned it quite yet. But I also think prison suffers similar problems as shipyard; big, too many ladders, and hard to find a consistent spawn area (I know the lava pit is a good area, but in my short experience I've seen it run dry).

For solo I use the same strategy; grab them all before killing. It always made the most sense to me. In co-op mode, I kill enemies as I travel from time combo to time combo since co-op tends to be more about survival than beating the clock. Sort of an extension to your question, but do you guys have preferences as to when the combo timers are picked up?

Smithnco and I had a pretty good game in Prison Ex-8 and I think we kept a pretty high combo going. He stayed in the middle room while I was running and killing guys on the outer "ring" of the map.

As for shipyard, I think if someone hangs out at the top and the second player patrols the back area and the other spawn area with the timer in the first floor, a combo could go on for a good while.

I prefer combo timers to be picked up early on before bosses start appearing.

Ken said:
Out of curiosity, how do you guys prefer to grab the time bonuses?

For example, ever since RE4 Mercenaries, I always picked up all the time bonuses on the map before killing. Seems like it would make keeping combos going easier, at least in solo play when you can't really afford to lose a second breaking a time bonus during a combo.

To me it depends on the level, it is good to get control first incase you forget to take all the bonuses. I think the best way is to fight hordes of enemies along the way while you acquire time bonuses, as you waste a lot of time running around. Along with different spawn points depending on the time of the map.

I dont really dislike the shipyard. I think it is easy to be able to see where the enemies are if you stay on the top. Of course if you take the chance to wonder about beyond the visible areas it is difficult to find enemies.

Is it just me or is Krauser far and away the best character? He was my favorite in RE4 Mercs so as soon as I unlocked him I started playing as him pretty much exclusively, and now that I'm switching to some of the other characters to check them out I'm pretty disappointed.

It seems like every one of Krauser's melees is a one-hit kill, and his knife slash (the one you get from an arm stun, I'm pretty sure) is really fast and hits a wide area as well. The rocket launcher is really handy, but his arrows are powerful enough that I never feel like I'm fucked after I use both rockets.

On the other hand, switching to Chris and the girls, often I'll shoot an enemy multiple times and melee them and they'll still be alive. With Chris I can get into a good (but boring) routine of shooting enemies to the ground and stomping on them, but with the girls it seems like their melees are worthless. Maybe it's just the way I play, but I don't like killing with weapons, both because you miss the constant time bonuses and because it's just less satisfying.

Barry seems really good, his headbutt gives me the one-hit melee kills I like from Krauser and the revolver seems really good. I haven't played that much, I don't even have Wesker so I'm hoping that I'll like him.

Anyway, I was wondering if Krauser is a known "top-tier" character or if he just fits my play style really well, because I do so much better with him than any other character that I don't really have any desire to play as half of them. I mean, the only real disadvantage I see him having over any other character is the long time between bow shots, but when two shots kills almost every normal enemy and all you really need to do is one shot plus melee, even that doesn't seem like a real negative.

Ken

dr3upmushroom said:
Is it just me or is Krauser far and away the best character? He was my favorite in RE4 Mercs so as soon as I unlocked him I started playing as him pretty much exclusively, and now that I'm switching to some of the other characters to check them out I'm pretty disappointed.

It seems like every one of Krauser's melees is a one-hit kill, and his knife slash (the one you get from an arm stun, I'm pretty sure) is really fast and hits a wide area as well. The rocket launcher is really handy, but his arrows are powerful enough that I never feel like I'm fucked after I use both rockets.

On the other hand, switching to Chris and the girls, often I'll shoot an enemy multiple times and melee them and they'll still be alive. With Chris I can get into a good (but boring) routine of shooting enemies to the ground and stomping on them, but with the girls it seems like their melees are worthless. Maybe it's just the way I play, but I don't like killing with weapons, both because you miss the constant time bonuses and because it's just less satisfying.

Barry seems really good, his headbutt gives me the one-hit melee kills I like from Krauser and the revolver seems really good. I haven't played that much, I don't even have Wesker so I'm hoping that I'll like him.

Anyway, I was wondering if Krauser is a known "top-tier" character or if he just fits my play style really well, because I do so much better with him than any other character that I don't really have any desire to play as half of them. I mean, the only real disadvantage I see him having over any other character is the long time between bow shots, but when two shots kills almost every normal enemy and all you really need to do is one shot plus melee, even that doesn't seem like a real negative.
I think Krauser is top-tier as far as gameplay goes. Best instant kill in the game, great defense, and with a machine gun load out he can just melee through any stage.

As for appearance, I'm not a fan of his design or costumes.

Also, Jill has pretty good melees. Rising kick + Double knee drop is great as you can kill multiple enemies with a single DKD. Her instant kill is also handy. Rebecca's only notable melee is her Head Cracker for the 50% critical rate, which seems to be a one hit kill whenever it does crit. I thought Claire had decent melees; they do decent damage and you can cut the combination attacks short if you choose to.

MooMoo

dr3upmushroom said:
One of my favorite things to do as Barry (Patriot costume no less!) is to throw a flash grenade into a mob and multi-head bash everyone. Feels so good.

MarkusRJR

Is there any way to select grenades other than touching the screen? In the heat of the moment, I always end up touching somewhere wrong and selecting a gun or something. It seems really stupid that you can't select grenades with the d-pad, while you can select guns with it. It just seems like bad game design.

Yaceka said:
Is there any way to select grenades other than touching the screen? In the heat of the moment, I always end up touching somewhere wrong and selecting a gun or something. It seems really stupid that you can't select grenades with the d-pad, while you can select guns with it. It just seems like bad game design.
Hm I find selecting weapons with the Touchscreen to be perfect. I use my right hand for that because you wouldn't want to stop moving in most cases. So it's easier for me than to use the D-Pad.

Holy shit this game is so much fun. Traded in "Ocarina of time" for "Mercenaries 3D" (no time for full console-titles on 3DS). I played Resident Evil 4 and 5...AND both mercenaries-games....but...this is so much fun. I don't know why but it's incredible addictive. Played my first four online matches about 30 minutes ago and got an "s"-rank on level "Ex-1"...can't stop playing...but...must....

Am i wrong if I say that Barry is the weakest character? Weak pistol, almost no munition for his magnum....3-4 hits for enemies to die....am I doing something wrong? :D

The perfect Dark said:
Holy shit this game is so much fun. Traded in "Ocarina of time" for "Mercenaries 3D" (no time for full console-titles on 3DS). I played Resident Evil 4 and 5...AND both mercenaries-games....but...this is so much fun. I don't know why but it's incredible addictive. Played my first four online matches about 30 minutes ago and got an "s"-rank on level "Ex-1"...can't stop playing...but...must....

Am i wrong if I say that Barry is the weakest character? Weak pistol, almost no munition for his magnum....3-4 hits for enemies to die....am I doing something wrong? :D
Traded in Zelda eh?......You sir will be the first into the pit on that fateful day. But anywayz Mercenaries is an awsome game and i'm about to go play right now. BTW i traded in Samurai Warriors: Chronicles to get Mercs.

Hehe yeah i played it on N64 ..well...13 years ago but....i think...it's too big for a handeld-game...hard to describe. I like "Steel Diver" though.... I own "Steel Diver" an "Mercs 3D" and i think these two games show what most handehld-games should be.

But to be honest: I've never thought that "Mercs 3D" is really THAT good. I prefer this game over any console title at this moment.

BTW: Great graphics, much better than "Resident Evil 4" (imo).

Don't know if my english is okay...i'm from germany :p

MooMoo

The perfect Dark said:
Glad to see another person enjoying this game :D

This is what I do when I use Barry's weapon loadout:

Pistol in early missions is okay as it'll take 2-4 shots to kill a given enemy. In later missions, the main purpose of the pistol is to do pistol leg/body -> melee for the 5 second time bonus.
Magnum is for bosses or if you really need that quick kill to keep the kill combo going. I've had varying experience with picking up ammo; sometimes I get a lot and sometimes I get only one extra clip. If you want to increase ammo drops for the magnum, you'll generally have to empty your first 5 rounds, or at least that's what I've noticed. I'm not sure if this is mechanically true.
Sniper OHKOs all normal enemies, 2 shots mutated plagas heads. It's also okay against the bosses as 3-4 shots will normally make them stagger. If you're not concerned about increasing the timer, then sniper should be your primary weapon.

My usage of each weapon is about 4:1:5 pistol:magnum:sniper. During EX missions things tend to get intense really quickly, which is why the sniper is what I would consider the primary weapon for Barry's loadout. So if you don't particularly like sniping or the Dragunov's (?) shooting mechanics, his weapon loadout probably isn't for you. That's my two cents on it.

The perfect Dark said:
Hehe yeah i played it on N64 ..well...13 years ago but....i think...it's too big for a handeld-game...hard to describe. I like "Steel Diver" though.... I own "Steel Diver" an "Mercs 3D" and i think these two games show what most handehld-games should be.

But to be honest: I've never thought that "Mercs 3D" is really THAT good. I prefer this game over any console title at this moment.

Don't worry, my brother inlaw is Austrian so I'm good with your accent. To tell you the truth, I haven't played Ocarina since 98. I've been ready to to tackle the water temple since Mercenaries came out, but i can't put it down. I do agree it's not that good of a game but it is so damn addictive. Hopefully the sequel will have more going for it. And what's with the lack of chainsaw wielding bag head man and his chainsaw wielding bitches from RE4?

Wow thanks for the help :D
But there is one problem I didn't mentioned before: Barry is the character who dies first :D Maybe I'm wrong but I noticed that his health bar is not really .......well i won't bet on it. Even if I try to heal myself it won't regenerate the full bar..or even 3/4...it's 50 percent...:/

SmithnCo

Dr. Salvador is in there, he's one of the deadliest enemies. The chainsaw chicks aren't though, just the smaller chainsaw guys.

SmithnCo said:
Dr. Salvador is in there, he's one of the deadliest enemies. The chainsaw chicks aren't though, just the smaller chainsaw guys.
Thats his name.......no shit? I've played through RE4 two and a half times and never picked that up. Which missions in Mercs will i see him in?

kiryogi

Banned
As others have seen from playing with me. I'm a full on Claire user. She has pretty solid melees. Her Neck Kick (triggered from a stunned enemy from the back) will take out weaker enemies. Otherwise, you want to get them on the ground and position for her stomp, which always crits if in the proper zone. Not to mention it's a really quick and fast animation.

Aside from that, her loadout is all purpose. Her handgun for typical shuffles, the electric grenade launcher for mobs, and the PSG for bosses. I find it hard to use any other load out.

Now then, anyone up for some later?

Ken

kiryogi said:
As others have seen from playing with me. I'm a full on Claire user. She has pretty solid melees. Her Neck Kick (triggered from a stunned enemy from the back) will take out weaker enemies. Otherwise, you want to get them on the ground and position for her stomp, which always crits if in the proper zone. Not to mention it's a really quick and fast animation.

Aside from that, her loadout is all purpose. Her handgun for typical shuffles, the electric grenade launcher for mobs, and the PSG for bosses. I find it hard to use any other load out.

Now then, anyone up for some later?
Sure. Post when you're on?

MooMoo

I have a few questions about the skills since the translation/wording is terrible:
1. For the Revenge level 3 effects, it says it allows reloading in "various situations." I'm assuming this means that your guns will auto-reload with no animation in various situations. Does anyone know what these "various situations" are exactly?
2. For all the gun skills, what does "ability" mean (I guess it means damage?)?
3. Also for gun skills, I'm guessing "handling"=smoother aiming?

Edit: Also, are there are skills that are above and beyond all the other skills? What do you guys tend to use?

MooMoo said:
I have a few questions about the skills since the translation/wording is terrible:
1. For the Revenge level 3 effects, it says it allows reloading in "various situations." I'm assuming this means that your guns will auto-reload with no animation in various situations. Does anyone know what these "various situations" are exactly?
2. For all the gun skills, what does "ability" mean (I guess it means damage?)?
3. Also for gun skills, I'm guessing "handling"=smoother aiming?

1. Shielding yourself from an explosion, performing a melee, staggering after getting hit, climbing a ladder, jumping off a ledge are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. You still have to manually activate the reload but it's instant and there is no animation.
2 + 3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they do. They have other effects as well, here's a list someone posted a few pages back:

Skill Name
Description (percent bonus)
Level 3 bonus (percent bonus)
Other bonuses (percent bonus)
Level 2 XP / Level 3 XP
Unlock Requirement

Medic
Easier to regain health (50%)
Gain a little health with a critical
Herb drop rate increased (10%)
4000 / 10000
Finish mission 1-3 with B rank or better

Toughness
Reduce damage taken (25%)
Increase combo time when defeat an enemy (+0.5 second)
Revive yourself more quickly (40%)
4000 / 10000
Earn the Like a Phoenix medal (recover from dying 50 times)

Luck
More difficult to be one-shot killed (60%)
Extends effect to partner
No other effect
4000 / 10000
Unknown; unlock the Medic skill?

Handgun Technique
Improved handgun handling (80%)
Easier to get criticals (30%)
Increased reload speed (30%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-1 with B rank or better

Handgun Custom
Increase performance of handguns (30%)
Increase power of all weapons (8%)
Increase clip size (50%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission EX-1 with B rank or better

Shotgun Technique
Use of shotguns improves (80%)
Reduce damage taken (10%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-1 with S rank or better

Shotgun Custom
Increase performance of shotguns (30%)
Easier to regain health (15%)
Increase clip size (50%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission EX-5 with B rank or better

Machine Gun Technique
Use of machine guns improves (80%)
Strengthens melee (15%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-3 with B rank or better(?)

Machine Gun Custom
Increase performance of machine guns (30%)
Increase range of explosions (10%)
Increase clip size (50%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission EX-2 with B rank or better

Rifle Technique
Use of rifles improves (80%)
Strengthens melee (15%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-1 with B rank or better

Magnum Technique
Use of magnums improves (80%)
More difficult to be one-shot killed (30%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-2 with S rank or better(?)

Bomber
Use of explosives improves (30%)
Reduce damage taken (10%)
Grenades are more powerful (30%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-2 with B rank or better

Combat
Strengthens melee (40%)
Faster reloading for all weapons (10%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-2 with S rank or better(?)

Smart Reload
Faster reloading for all weapons (20%)
Can reload while in other animations
9000 / 16000
Finish mission EX-4 with B rank or better

Technician
Use of all weapons improves (40%)
Easier to regain health (15%)
Increased rate of fire for all weapons (15%)
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-3 with S rank or better

Full Burst
Strengthens all weapons (15%)
Extends effect to partner
Increased critical rate (30%)
Cannot be leveled
Finish mission EX-6 with B rank or better

Weapon Master
Strengthens all skills that affect weapons, but makes it hard to heal
More difficult to be one-shot killed (30%)
Decreases health regained (-40%)
17000 / 32000
Finish mission EX-8 with B rank or better
Note: weapon-related skills all have double the effect

Reversal
Can do a strong melee when health is low
Increase ammo capacity for all weapons (20%)
No other effect
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-4 with S rank or better(?)

weapons (10%)
No other effect
17000/ 32000
Finish mission 4-5 with S rank or better(?)

Adrenaline
When taking damage makes it difficult for the combo timer to expire (+2 seconds)
After taunting increase strength for a while (60% / 6 seconds)
No other effect
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 5-4 with B rank or better

Extension
When remaining time is low makes it difficult for the combo timer to expire (+3 seconds)
When remaining time is low health auto-regenerates (time under 30 seconds)
No other effect
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-1 with S rank or better(?)

Lucky 7
Defeating enemies when a 7 is in the timer gives you a time bonus (+1/2/3 seconds)
Faster repeat fire for all weapons (10%)
No other effect
15000 / 22000
Finish mission 5-3 with B rank or better

Close Range
When defeating an enemy in close quarters makes it difficult for the combo timer to expire (+2 seconds)
After taunting increase strength for a while (60% / 6 seconds)
No other effect
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-3 with A rank or better(?)

Old School
Invincibility frames when picking up items (2 seconds)
Can reload during other animations
No other effect
15000 / 22000
Finish mission EX-3 with B rank or better

Landing
Easier to stomp on enemies when you jump off something (60%)
Increased ammo capacity for all weapons (20%)
Deals 200 damage to enemies upon landing
4000 / 10000
Finish mission 4-4 with S rank or better

Breeder
Easier to develop skills (20% / 40% / 50%)
Strengthens skills that affect weapons (20%)
No other effect
9000 / 16000
Finish mission 4-4 with B rank or better(?)

Friendship
Health auto-regenerates when partner is close by
Increase power for all weapons (8%)
No other effect
Cannot be leveled
Earn the Caravan medal (play Duo mode 50 times)

Thunderbolt
Adds lightning property to melee
Affects a wider area
Melee power increased 20%, lightning also applies to the knife
17000 / 32000
Finish mission EX-7 with B rank or better

Infinity 7
Use an infinite rocket launcher, but score will be 0 (D-rank)
No listed level 3 bonus, but you become invincible except for instant death attacks
No other effects
9000 / 16000
Obtain 30 or more S ranks?

Maximum Bonuses

Skills stack together up to a certain point.
There is a cap on the maximum percent bonus you can receive.

Attack power (includes melee) - 60% each
Reload speed - 60% each
Rate of fire - 60% each
Crit chance - 100% each
Larger explosions - 50%
Increased defense - 25%
Chance to avoid instant death - 100%
Attack power increase after taunting - 60%
Combo time extension - up to 4 seconds

Lonely1 said:
Out of all the 3DS games I own, the RE:M has the weakest 3D effect. Is not worth it imo.

it is a pretty weak effect, yeah, but "not worth it"? it looks better than not having it on, and there aren't any advantages to turning it off like framerate (DoA) or anti-aliasing (zelda) that i can see...

Teknoman

The perfect Dark said:

Plug it in the charger, kick back and relax.

MooMoo

Baloonatic said:
1. Shielding yourself from an explosion, performing a melee, staggering after getting hit, climbing a ladder, jumping off a ledge are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. You still have to manually activate the reload but it's instant and there is no animation.
2 + 3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they do. They have other effects as well, here's a list someone posted a few pages back:
Skills list
Thanks. I guess the version of auto-reload I had in mind would be too broken haha. Also thanks for the list (and whoever posted it originally). Saving it as a file on my comp for future references!

Also, finally managed to max out most of the skills. Still haven't unlocked 4 of them and leveling up the infinite rocket one is slow. Also still haven't unlocked Wesker's alternate costume. Gotta try out all those other EX missions :S

Ken

Baloonatic said:

Oh hey, it's the broken list I couldn't copy/paste correctly lol.

Improved Handling = Shorter time to pull up your weapon and aim.
Improved Performance = Increased damage.

MooMoo

Ken said:
Oh hey, it's the broken list I couldn't copy/paste correctly lol.

Improved Handling = Shorter time to pull up your weapon and aim.
Improved Performance = Increased damage.
Thanks for the clarification. So is handling strictly the time to pull out the weapon? Or does it also smooth out the movement of the laser sight (i.e when you aim, the laser sight naturally moves due to breathing to make the aiming seem more realistic. Does it decrease this natural movement?)?

Ken

MooMoo said:
Thanks for the clarification. So is handling strictly the time to pull out the weapon? Or does it also smooth out the movement of the laser sight (i.e when you aim, the laser sight naturally moves due to breathing to make the aiming seem more realistic. Does it decrease this natural movement?)?

I think it's strictly the time to pull out the weapon into aiming.

Japanese wiki: http://alphawiki.net/bhm3ds/index.php?FrontPage

Edit: I asked a friend studying Japanese and she translated it as: "Raises the set up speed of the shotgun."

Tambini

Bought this game yesterday on impulse, played for about 4.30hrs so far and its actually a lot of fun.
Sure, the save game issue sucks but as I played the game more I realised I probably wont want to restart or sell it, as it seems to be great for short bursts.
The graphics are very impressive also, and as much as I dislike saying it, I can see myself buying DLC for this game. Damn you Capcom!

Ken

I'd buy a load out/skill/character/map pack DLC day 1.

Knowing Capcom though, they'll probably leave those for Super Mercenaries 3D Ex Edition.

mr_chun

I'm actually having the best performance with Jill's loadout. I'm no good with the sniper, so I usually just go melee after knifing or spraying at their legs with the machine gun. Shotgun is great for those "oh shit I'm trapped" moments. Works for me. She works really well in conjunction with a partner using Hunk's loadout. Lots of extra time from melee.

Ken

lazybones18 said:
What are the requirements to get the SS rank for 4-5?

Managed to complete all the waves, but I got a S rank

From the Japanese Wiki:

SS Rank requirements: Score: 670,408 Number busters: 200, maximum number combos: 18 (tentative)

I don't know if it's 100% correct but it's something.

Ken

lazybones18 said:
Yeah, no way I'm gonna get SS unless I try Duo

Or at the very least, finish all the damn waves with more than 30secs left

Well, I just turned on Mercenaries and checked my 4-5 Solo score.

~77k from when I was just trying to run through all the missions once.

Decided to run through it again just now and to my surprise, did much better.

566bb3df.jpg

I ran through it with Claire in her business suit and her loadout. Skills were Giant Killing, Old School, and Combat.

I stayed around the starting area at the top since you can see both spawn locations and it's a good way place to stay at for keeping the combo going. I finished with about 11 minutes left on the timer.

If I had to choose a set of skills I'd use for high score chasing, I'd have to go with Giant Killing, Old School, and Lucky 7. I ran with Combat this time because I wasn't planning on getting a very high score from the start and because I find Combat to be useful for Claire because of her multi-hit melees.

Wow, talk about a bunch of bullshit

Have a chance to complete Wave 15 on 4-5 with Claire and I try to lure the last two Garradors to jump to my location with a mine placed and what the fuck happens? They just stand on the edge of the spot they are on and don't do jack shit. And this is with less than 20secs left on the timer.

And I got another S rank (but it didn't save cause lets just say my system finally took some much needed abuse). My frustration with this mission is rapidly building up

evangd007

Ken said:
Well, I just turned on Mercenaries and checked my 4-5 Solo score.

~77k from when I was just trying to run through all the missions once.

Decided to run through it again just now and to my surprise, did much better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/NobodyHome/566bb3df.jpg[IMG]

I ran through it with Claire in her business suit and her loadout. Skills were Giant Killing, Old School, and Combat.

I stayed around the starting area at the top since you can see both spawn locations and it's a good way place to stay at for keeping the combo going. I finished with about 11 minutes left on the timer.

If I had to choose a set of skills I'd use for high score chasing, I'd have to go with Giant Killing, Old School, and Lucky 7. I ran with Combat this time because I wasn't planning on getting a very high score from the start and because I find Combat to be useful for Claire because of her multi-hit melees.[/QUOTE]

This drives home how much I need to level up giant killing.

MooMoo

lazybones18 said:
Wow, talk about a bunch of bullshit

Have a chance to complete Wave 15 on 4-5 with Claire and I try to lure the last two Garradors to jump to my location with a mine placed and what the fuck happens? They just stand on the edge of the spot they are on and don't do jack shit. And this is with less than 20secs left on the timer.

And I got another S rank (but it didn't save cause lets just say my system finally took some much needed abuse). My frustration with this mission is rapidly building up
I haven't played this stage on solo, but something sounds wrong with your statement about having "less than 20secs" on the last wave/last two people of the stage. I don't think you should be remotely close to running out of time given the massive time bonuses you get after each wave.

MooMoo said:
I haven't played this stage on solo, but something sounds wrong with your statement about having "less than 20secs" on the last wave/last two people of the stage. I don't think you should be remotely close to running out of time given the massive time bonuses you get after each wave.

Result of me running from the more powerful enemies so some occasions

Top Bottom