• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil turns 20 Today

petran79

Banned
Don't forget the original basis!
Sweet+Home+%28Japan%29.png

With hilarious enemies such as WALL.

Movie also was not half bad.
Like a Japanese version of Poltergeist.

Feichaw

I remember playing this game for the first time. I nearly had a heart attack when those dogs broke that window. I was very tense. One of the best games I could play at that time for sure. And then...REmake came, and improved every single thing.Timeless masterpiece.

Resident Evil is one of favorite franchises, and Revelations 2 made me believe in the series again. What a great game.

I've just bought Resident Evil 0 and 6, because I haven't played them yet. I know they aren't exactly well regarded by the community, but, hey, it's Resident Evil, I have to play them.

I really liked the atmosphere of Resident Evil, but I was not impressed by the gameplay and tank controls.

In fact, between Alone in the Dark 1-3 and RE, there were similar and much better games on PC that had better controls. But after RE a lot of games tried to imitate that control scheme, thus resulting in various RE clones.

Ecstatica and Bioforge were unique games

tumblr_n8ei7oD0UY1rpxuvzo1_500.jpg

OH my GOD! Thank you Mr. I have seen a screenshot of this game in an Amiga/Comodore/PC-Magazine years ago that my brother bought. The screenshots got me but I could not remember the name. And now I know it.

Have to look where I can get this game :)!

Jinjo

Even Julia Voth is getting in on the celebrations:

kvzA39t.png

Please get her back Capcom. Voth = best Valentine.

Metalmarc

Anyone else disappointed they didn't even tease something that's upcoming? Even a piece of art for 7 or screenshot for remake 2 or anything besides that poster?

Like maybe the announcement of 4-6 for current gen could have been kept until yesterday so that we would have gotten something on the Actual anniversary day itself

So in honor of the 20 year anniversary, are there any recommended YouTube videos on the RE series story/lore?
I'm a sucker for the extended RE timeline. :D

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
While the FFVII announcement convinced me to get a PS1, Resident Evil sold me on the system a year earlier than I anticipated. I knew about Alone in the Dark, but this game seemed to completely blow it away.

I might celebrate by playing them all now. Steam sale, baby!

I'm a big survival horror fan but never really got into this series. I know, I know whatswrongwithyou.gif

Nere

GUYS need your advice. There is a steam sale for all resident evil games. My question is can you play resident evil 5 and more importantly 4 with the ps4 controller on the pc ofc? Is the controller supported? I really want to buy them but if you can't play them with a controller then I cba.

Megatron

Yeah, this is the one that makes me feel old. I remember playing this in senior year of highschool with friends.

YaGaMi

One of my favourite series of all time. Played it for the first time at release as a 13 year old moving on from the SNES. It was totally different from the beat em ups and platformers that I had played before hand. When we bought a PSX we didn't buy a memory card so me and my brother played it countless times until we did complete with Jill without using a Memory Card.

The series going forward I wasn't liking after the peak of RE4 but after Revelations 2 there is some hope. Give the team a bigger budget and I'm confident they can do something special.

Top Bottom