• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps (PC/PS4, $30, Unity 5, 2016), competetive MP shooter

Spades

What a joke. In isolation, this perhaps wouldn't be so bad, but to treat this as a celebration for the 20th anniversary of the series is a disgrace. Bad Capcom.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Haha

Capcom never learn, do they. Nobody wants this game, just like nobody wanted it last time.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm willing to give it a chance, but I'm more interested in co-op than competitive. Need way more info, though. Resident Evil 6's multiplayer modes were actually fun, and if there's a good combat system like that and some B.O.W.'s thrown mix, it could be some dumb fun.

Operation Raccoon City sold 3 million copies though, so hardly surprising. Least we have a REmake of 2 and a Remaster of Zero coming.

Alienous

Resident Evil is a survival horror franchise.

But on the other hand, those Resident Evil 6 shooting mechanics...

tumblr_mvd1r7bRbh1rcxo5yo1_250.gif

I'll reserve judgement.

Ushojax

They did.

I'm sure they were all thrilled with their purchase and will be eagerly anticipating a follow-up.

ORC was a dreadful experiment that should have been condemned to irrelevance forever. Think of the money being wasted on this game that could be put into making the quality mainline RE that everybody wants.

Dusk Golem

Operation Raccoon City sold 3-4 million copies by this, point, fyi for those wondering if ORC taught them anything.

Ill give it a chance. OTC was one of my least favorite RE games, but it was actually alright once I gave it a chance. The DLC campaign was a shit ton better than the main campaign,though.

Ushojax

Operation Raccoon City sold 3-4 million copies by this, point, fyi for those wondering if ORC taught them anything.

Ill give it a chance. OTC was one of my least favorite RE games, but it was actually alright once I gave it a chance. The DLC campaign was a shit ton better than the main campaign,though.

I'm sure it taught them that they can slap the RE brand on a turd and still make money.

Hasney

Is a spin-off, this not replacing RE7. Why people so mad?

The announcement at TGS was Final Fantasy 7 PS4 port level troll.

"It's the 20th anniversary! We wanted to make a game worthy of that! Have a multiplayer shooter..."

And yet it still sold something like 2.4 million copies. That must have sent a strong enough message for them to commission another.

The price bombed pretty hard pretty quick though. I'm sure Aliens Colonial Marines sold around that, but I'm wondering how many were the £5 copies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The game looked okay, but not astonishing. This does fit with their new service game focus.

I think it was still on their old engine, so I'm not convinced Panta Rhei is every actually going to be used beyond Deep Down.

If they can keep the new RE stuff in this type of game and mimic their older style games in the main games, it's a worthy trade off. However, if they don't, screw this.

The price bombed pretty hard pretty quick though. I'm sure Aliens Colonial Marines sold around that, but I'm wondering how many were the £5 copies.

It sold through the initial shipment pretty fast and got 300k shortly afterwards. Source: Capcom platinum titles IR page.

Plasma

Banned
Operation Racoon City at least had some nostalgia going for it I'm not sure why anyone would want to play this one, oh well at least we're getting a RE2 remake.

Hasney

It sold through the initial shipment pretty fast and got 300k shortly afterwards. Source: Capcom platinum titles IR page.

Ah fair enough. Wonder how this will do after ORC and 6 came out, I don't think they can slap the brand on anything and have it sell anymore, so I'm hoping it doesn't do well IF the quality isn't there. If it turns out good and does well, then awesome.

Dusk Golem

In the trailer, when they show a lot of screens, I spotted Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 1 locations as battle arenas.

Also, the combat looks RE6 inspired.

EDIT:
a30562b7c1ae5d4ee5ffe1388373c449.png

^RE4 village as an example.

Seyavesh

well,

at least RE2make exists
although this is so bad that i and apparently a whole lot of other people forgot that it existed

Top Bottom