• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps (PC/PS4, $30, Unity 5, 2016), competetive MP shooter

I never actually played it but ORC looked wayyyyyyyy more interesting than this filth. And if that was bad I have no expectations for this.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_nstw0zzjxC1rxyvwjo1_500.jpg

This has made my day. Capcom super trolled the 20th special with some crappy side game!

GnawtyDog

Banned
Looked alright. Trailer got better as it progressed. Need more details....definitely looks better than other "popular" stuff out there.

I've just watched it. This is like a parody trailer. Competitive team-based shooter with an art style that looks out of Killzone 2 and introduced via a dubstep soundtrack. It's like someone took mods from Resi 6 PC and made a trailer to take the piss.

Felensis

Banned
First I thought while they were showing the collage of all RE titles that they were announcing a legacy collection *_*
Then the major let down in form of another boring dudebro shooter. No, thanks! NOT worthy of RE's 20th anniversary -_-

Seyavesh

No way. Seems like a waste of MT Framework.

Capcom Unity said:
It’s been an exciting time lately for Resident Evil fans, and we’ve got yet another piece of exciting news for you. Announced today was Umbrella Corps, a fast-paced, third-person competitive shooter set in the RE universe. Compete online with other players in quick-and-dirty matches in compact battle zones modelled after historic RE environments.

The game will utilize the Unity engine developed by Unity Technologies, which bears no relation to Capcom Unity, but we’ll try to leverage this coincidence for as many puns as possible.

so yeah, it's a unity game and not branded as "resident evil" in it's title
what a weird thing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's really Unity. Wow. Okay, that explains why it's a bit visually underwhelming, but it's good to see Capcom using an engine with productivity and the ability to actually ship games in mind.

I could get angry, but we got Revelations 2, RE0HD on the way and confirmation of REmake 2. I think this is what most people wanted. Some people get their RE7 action game (yeah, they're not horror games, sorry), others get their multiplayer shooters and the old school fans get a little something on the side with GC port remasters and full on remakes.

Life is pretty good for RE fans right now.

luffeN

Gears crowd not excited? I thought they would be. Looks kinda interesting but this will not be all for the anniversary I guess. There was a timeframe given on the presentation slide that goes into 2017, so probably more games to follow.

...I will play the shit out of this when it comes out. Also bargin price? Come on of course I'm willing to give this game a chance!

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why is everybody acting like they aren't going to make/ announce RE7 at some point?

They skipping XBO also for this title? What's up with Capcom going full PC/ PS4 lately. Maybe has something to do with crossplatform play?

Gren

Lol, so it looks like they made a whole game based on that Agent from Ada's co-op campaign in RE6.

To Slant 6's credit, at least the UBCS (and even the more generic Echo Six) team had more personality than these guys.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I get that no one asked for this and I honestly don't care about this game at all, but it's not like RE is a dead franchise being revived solely for this crap, there's been plenty of recent "normal" RE games, and it kind of amuses me to see people preferring Capcom to remake the same game over and over (like another REMake with RE2) despite them being routinely mocked for this.

I thought this was going to be like the legacy collection of Metal Gear, guess not. Don't expect any good RE games from this company that are not remakes.

Macrotus

I wondering if its going to have cross platform multiplayer cause its for PS4 and PC, like SFV is.
Because if it is, PCs going to dominate with mouse and keyboard... So I'm guessing no cross platform.

LordCiego

I couldnt tell this is in the RE universe even if you hitted me with a read and White umbrella.

Also, Capcom using unity? This looks like a side project retolled as an RE ip game at the last moment.

Lime

Can someone explain the issue with unity?

Unity as an engine is fine, but it's more of a symptom that Capcom's own internally developed engine still isn't up to par. In this way, it's a glimpse into the current status of Capcom's development capabilities and management errors (presumably).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
don't want to bitch the topic around, but let me at least say that it was the worst game of the Sony conference. Even the artwork is horrible.

Top Bottom