• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Leidenfrost said:
(in regards to the new preview)

I guess I'm the only one who thought the third-person narration had lots of (unrealized) potential.
I really liked it.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ceb said:
Just have to clarify for your sake that this is just Wollan jumping to conclusions as usual. :p Nothing's been confirmed regarding the framerate so far. It is a good assumption to say that it'll run at 30fps though, but once again, just an assumption.

30fps is more than adequate, even for online MP the first game already runs GREAT.

FightyF

Banned
The medic actually sounds fun to play. Sounds like you can be a huge part of your team's success as well.

jstevens...you were right...
...tell your sister...you were right...

lynux3

Kittonwy said:
30fps is more than adequate, even for online MP the first game already runs GREAT.

Indeed. Resistance: Fall of Man is solid as hell. After playing that game I see nothing wrong with 30fps first-person shooters.

steve

Banned
Got an email today, 4 new Resistance maps are now available.

Westmorland and Camborne 4.99
Braknell and Axebridge 4.99
Map Pack Bundle - All 4 maps 7.99

:D

It also comes with a 5 dollar off coupn to buy Resistance at Bestbuy.com until Mar. 15.

JimiNutz

Banned
nib95 said:
So, are there any vids of the game yet? :(

I think it's been shown to journalists (pretty sure that BBC reporter that spoke about Motorstorm2 and that secret highly cinematic game saw it.) Hopefully they'll release the trailer for the public soon.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
steve said:

It also comes with a 5 dollar off coupn to buy Resistance at Bestbuy.com until Mar. 15.

Just to be clear, those are the 4 maps we've previously released. It's just a promotion for the game and them.

But if you haven't bought those maps yet, you're off my Christmas card list.

steve said:

What an amazing deal and what a great way to start enjoying a AAA PS3 title!
Seriously, Gaf, buy these maps. They are amazingly designed, and the Gaf clan is on almost every night playing.

steve

Banned
jstevenson said:
Just to be clear, those are the 4 maps we've previously released. It's just a promotion for the game and them.

To be honest, I don't play Resistance (or any game for that matter, except Burnout Paradise) online near enough to warrant a purchase of new maps. I do plan on changing that stance once R2 arrives.

FightyF

Banned
jstevenson said:

I haven't bought the last 2 released...have all these new maps been incorporated into Ranked play?

tha_con

Banned
Bearillusion said:
Maps should be free now. Bungie style.

I disagree, you should forward 5% of all your wages to Insomniac. They deserve it.

jstevenson I'm hurt, you won't answer my requests for any media / images to make an Insomniac theme :( Can I at least get a decent resolution logo to work with? I've been DYING to make an Insomniac Games theme for the PS3 ever since I finished my R2 theme. I even stopped mid-way on my Indiana Jones theme to begin work on it. DO IT!

tha_con

Banned
Zipa Tony said:
I've been dying to ask...

Is the online coop campaign using multiplayer maps or singleplayer maps? Or are they unique maps specific for the online campaign?

I'd be willing to wager you'll get a no comment :p

I'm thinking they will be close to the Single Player maps, since it will 'tie in' with the Single player story. What I think will be different are certain area's of the map that will be 'radomly generated' to a certain extent, to offer up some variation with each different playthrough. I don't expect dramatic differences though. Hell it may not even make it into the game.

Zipa Tony

Banned
tha_con said:
I'd be willing to wager you'll get a no comment :p

I'm thinking they will be close to the Single Player maps, since it will 'tie in' with the Single player story. What I think will be different are certain area's of the map that will be 'radomly generated' to a certain extent, to offer up some variation with each different playthrough. I don't expect dramatic differences though. Hell it may not even make it into the game.

To be honest I would be surprised if I was right. I just would like some confirmation that I'm wrong.

Madman

Zipa Tony said:
I've been dying to ask...

Is the online coop campaign using multiplayer maps or singleplayer maps? Or are they unique maps specific for the online campaign?
I think they are multi maps, but MP maps in the first one were based on SP maps.

Zipa Tony

Banned
Madman said:
I think they are multi maps, but MP maps in the first one were based on SP maps.

It better not just be Terrorist Hunt with cut scenes. Vegas 2 already screwed up it's campaign coop..... grr

picsou

Banned
178666585420080317195151.jpg

sorry if old

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/resis...8067/pic-A8B7900C-EA3A-4F9C-9A56-E11129716795

FirewalkR

What? New R2 info?? What could it... oh... shit... what the... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

That was me a few seconds ago.

h3ro

Games Radar needs to be put on the banned website list... they have no good content and put crap like this up...

Ploid 3.0

That's that mission that the MP map is based on. Anyway it's R1 and has nothing to do with Resistance2's trailer or screens :(.

That looks like the rooftops multiplayer level. I mean exactly, its the far end where the Laark is. It's been awhile since I played the single player but was that level part in there?

Top Bottom