• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

jaypah

i honestly don't see how they do it. upping the ante by that much = INSANE! i got to play R:FoM at my cousins house and it was a lot better than a lot of people make it out to be. really polished and the contrast between stages over the course of the game is sick. i've had to dip into my PS3 fund way too much over the last year but there's no way that i can pass up what they're offering this time around. :bow , this shit just got real.

also :lol at people waiting for trolls only to have way more post about non-existent trolls and Halo/360/XBL bashing. tinfoil-hat generation indeed. get off the super-defensive guys. the multiplayer event of 08 has been announced for your console of choice. bask in the awesome instead of worrying about the 'other team'.

edit* OMG@ the screens! once again :bow this is....i just...wtf? kljasBFHasjklFHLA

Madman

InterMoniker said:
That shows how biased some of the mods are around here. That is retarded.
Steve got junior status for posting a thread about In Game XMB (which was misleading since it was about Hanze) then he posted a near identical thread about the same topic (in game XMB in Haze).

Busty

Banned
While I know scans cannot be linked or posted to. But can someone give me a feel of the graphics. A big improvement on the original or not?

Not that it actually matters. 60 people. 60.

*shakes head in disbelief*

60?

belvedere said:
WrikaWrek
Banned
(Today, 12:58 PM)

It's begun.

Resistance 2. It smites people. Because it can.

Rallyhawk

Chimera seem more bulky and muscular. More like an actual army than a bunch of monsters with guns. It's kind of a cool change, as if they've had time to evolve.

Hmm, I'm excited for Killzone cause of the awesome atmosphere, character design, etc., but with Resistance 2 it's guaranteed to play great (even if I find the whole presentation kind of lame) and 8 player co-op sounds incredible.

Edit: with 20 more people, that'll cut down about 1/3 of the amount of time I can stay alive in an online match, so now I'll die every 10 seconds instead of 15 :p.

Dante

beermonkey@tehbias said:
They shouldn't release Killzone 2 within six months of this.

I disagree, Keep the AAA titles coming one after another this Holiday, Make it impossible to pass up on the system.

Tieno

Rallyhawk said:
Chimera seem more bulky and muscular. More like an actual army than a bunch of monsters with guns. It's kind of a cool change, as if they've had time to evolve.
I think they're the same size wize, but they're showing the big guys plus they seem to have bigger armor

DangerStepp

There must be some sort of scanned pics club I'm not privvy too. *sigh* I guess I'll just wait with the rest of the losers. I'm still not getting a subscription to GI, though.

Also.. this seems appropriate:

SayWhat.gif

Tr4nce

more than 25k views in just more than one hour??

Holy smokes Batman.

I wish I could see the pictures already!!!!!!!!!

Wolffen

Hopefully my issue will show up in the mail today. I normally get the latest GI at least a week or two before it hits stands. Now I just need to have time to play through the first game at some point.

The chimera models just look so much better. I guess you can say that the first game had a look that was clearly from the first gen of games, the models now can be put up against the best looking games now. Its impressive.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
PLEASE PLEASE PM Really wanna see the screenshots:D

once again, a little nervous about the 60 player games though :(

steve

Banned
Madman said:
Steve got junior status for posting a thread about In Game XMB (which was misleading since it was about Hanze) then he posted a near identical thread about the same topic (in game XMB in Haze).

Uhh no.

It was Timeshift, when I booted it up, I was surprised to see in-game XMB for the first time, and I posted about it here. OMG, I'm so horrible.

Then, after a long gaming session, I made a thread detailing how much fun I had on PS3 that day, and that Timeshift happened to just be the start of it.

Boom, Junior Status.

GAF loves to overreact.

DangerStepp said:
There must be some sort of scanned pics club I'm not privvy too. *sigh* I guess I'll just wait with the rest of the losers. I'm still not getting a subscription to GI, though.

I buy 2-year GI subs off ebay for about 7 bucks. It's worth it.

It looks amazing. A big leap over the original. The chimera look more intimidating than ever. I got a Quake 4 vibe off the character designs.

Dante said:
I disagree, Keep the AAA titles coming one after another this Holiday, Make it impossible to pass up on the system.

I don't know how to look at the release schedule for KZ2 and R2 should be. Personally, ignoring the PS3's current library I'd have to say that R2 and KZ2 should be spaced out on the release schedule. Now, looking at the PS3's current situation there are several good games out for the PS3 at this point, but people are still calling out that the system doesn't have enough games...so I'd have to agree with you and say release KZ2 and R2 whenever they're ready.

Top Bottom