• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

Ello

Madman said:
Yeah, but they need some spice. Like being a really powerful dual wield. But not just that. They should be able to lock on to two targets at the same time. And have some badass double melee.

Man, a lot of people either never played the game or only played through once.

Yeah I know those guns, you have to beat the game once and then play again to get them later in game.

I want handguns from the start, and not just dual wield.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
How about a rail gun Quake 2 style but the trail it leaves stays for a few seconds and walking into it causes some damage.

Madman

Ello said:
Yeah I know those guns, you have to beat the game once and then play again to get them later in game.

I want handguns from the start, and not just dual wield.
A standard handgun would be obliterated by Resistance weapons. It would need to be one badass handgun.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Madman said:
A standard handgun would be obliterated by Resistance weapons. It would need to be one badass handgun.

:lol Single shot .50 cal hand gun perchance? You would think it would rip your hand off?

thunder50diagonalace.jpg

Mojovonio said:
I just REALLY hope they go a little more nutty on the weapons.
Hell yeah!

I hope they leave the bullseye and the carbine :) Those two guns are really fun to shoot.

I wonder if they are going to change the way you zoom in on the carbine I really like how cod4 does that compared to resistance.
This is largely due to a new initiative from the developer that has them focusing on building the gameplay first and then adding art assets and balance tweaks later.

Thats how it should be gameplay first then polish the game.

Safe Bet

Banned
Evazan said:
:lol Single shot .50 cal hand gun perchance? You would think it would rip your hand off?
The .50 Cal DE uses design similar to recoilless artillery pieces in order to make the gun usable, from what I was told.

Dever

Banned
Firewire said:
Did they say anything about more Resistance 2 info for this weeks podcast?

I can't remember!

Well they always have a *Insert game IG is working on* Update segment in the beginning of their podcast. I wouldn't expect anything major though.

Madman

Evazan said:

http://airbornecombatengineer.typepad.com/photos/weapons_fireams/thunder50diagonalace.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Reapers>>>>>>>>>>>>>that gun.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Madman said:
Reapers>>>>>>>>>>>>>that gun.

I thought we decieded the reapers were not handguns? oh well. I dont think a handgun would work well against the chimera anyways. so.... :cP

Unless it was the Robocop gun?

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
holy crap mega-podcast today. Over 1 hour and 45 minutes of recorded material...

should be a good show.. and we have some fun supporting assets to release with it.

Amy Hennig is our guest
Mark Cerny on I Want Your Job

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
jstevenson said:
holy crap mega-podcast today. Over 1 hour and 45 minutes of recorded material...

should be a good show.. and we have some fun supporting assets to release with it.

Amy Hennig is our guest

w00t!

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:

Amy Hennig is our guest

OHOHOH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Madman

jstevenson said:

Amy Hennig is our guest
Will his race of cloned gnomes appear as well?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:

Amy Hennig is our guest

Holy snap! I cannot wait till I download this! Sounds freaking awesome.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wollan said:
So is there any reason why it isn't up now??
To hell with schedules!

Because it lives as a bunch of different WAV files on my PC and is in the process of being turned into an actual show. All I have is raw recordings thus far. Done recording for this show though.

Also - despite be leaving for DICE tomorrow, the show won't be up till Thursday because Marcus is working on something to put up with it that won't be ready.

Kittonwy said:
OHOHOH!!!111!!!
Indifferent2.gif

Amy loves you, by the way.

Doc Evils

jstevenson said:

Amy Hennig is our guest

sweet gotta love Amy.

jstevenson said:

Amy Hennig is our guest

Amy Hennig!!!
YES!!!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Nooreo said:
NEED DEMO!!!

Hahaha. To quote from the film Juno:

Juno MacGuff: Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:
Not even close. Marcus is just pulling an asset for you guys, but we have to do some stuff.

I can't say more! It'll be in the show!

Oh shiz! Hehe thats is freaking cool!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
jstevenson said:

Juno MacGuff: Yea, if I could just have the thing and give it to you now, I totally would. But I'm guessing it looks probably like a sea monkey right now and we should let it get a little cuter.

:lol :lol :lol
Love that movie.

Firewire

Banned
jstevenson said:

So basically we are getting a demo this......

Nooreo

Wollan said:
I don't think doing a demo is in their favor. Grand hype and mystery should veil any major release.
NO!!!
Its tradition, insomniac put a demo of every game they made for ps3 on the psn

ITS TRADITION I SAY!!

Ploid 3.0

Man now I can't wait until Thursday. Sounds like a good podcast. Possible new media on R2 also. Time to enter my time machine that is Pixiejunk monsters.

Wonder what Amy said about Kittonwy. Will he have a supporting role in Uncharted2? The Face guy as an unlockable?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Wollan said:
I'm 99.9% sure we'll see a trailer this month. It will follow the same reveal pattern as R&C.

I agree and it will only be a few snippets really short stuff just to get gaf going on about bullshot, faked trailer, cg renders. Well you guys all know how this one is going to turn out! :D

jstevenson said:

They need to hurry up with the Blu-Ray release of that movie. But it's still doing too well in theaters.

Firewire

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
Wonder what Amy said about Kittonwy. Will he have a supporting role in Uncharted2? The Face guy as an unlockable?

Ellana replaced by a kitten?

Jebus! Kittonwy would kick more ass than Drake. :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
jstevenson said:
Because it lives as a bunch of different WAV files on my PC and is in the process of being turned into an actual show. All I have is raw recordings thus far. Done recording for this show though.

Also - despite be leaving for DICE tomorrow, the show won't be up till Thursday because Marcus is working on something to put up with it that won't be ready.

Amy loves you, by the way.

W00t!!!
gladtomeetya.gif

steve

Banned
Wollan said:
I'm 99.9% sure we'll see a trailer this month. It will follow the same reveal pattern as R&C.
I can't see that happening. I'd expect the first trailer just before E3 if the game is in fact coming out in September.

Madman

steve said:
I can't see that happening. I'd expect the first trailer just before E3 if the game is in fact coming out in September.
You expect the first trailer to come 2 months before release?

Madman

steve said:
Did the date of E3 change? Is it not in May anymore?

That's when I would expect to see the first trailer.
No. It was in July last year. A trailer at GDC makes sense to me. We'll see.

Top Bottom