• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2 REVEALED! 60man MP, 8p Co-op, 2 campaigns, etc HOLY $#!t

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Clocks in right around 100 minutes, nice long episode to tide you over till the next one surfaces.

I dunno if I'll be making an official thread --- I'm leaving for DICE, but if not, I'll leave it in you guys' capable hands.

matticus

jstevenson said:
Clocks in right around 100 minutes, nice long episode to tide you over till the next one surfaces.

I dunno if I'll be making an official thread --- I'm leaving for DICE, but if not, I'll leave it in you guys' capable hands.

Sweet, will listen at work

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
jstevenson said:

Damn nice! Mr.Jstevenson good luck at DICE! Now the wait starts for Thursday!

ROFL

Hail Britannia
Wollan said:
Anything worth our attention happening at D.I.C.E, Insomniac or otherwise?

http://www.insomniacgames.com/news/

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction Nominated for three Academy of Interactive Arts and Science awards!
11th Annual AIAS Award Nominees:
http://interactive.org/awards.php?winners&year=2008
Ratchet & Clank Future has been nominated for three prestigious AIAS Awards by members of the game industry. RCF was nominated for Outstanding Achievement in Animation, Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering, and Best Adventure Game of the Year. The winners will be announced at this year's DICE summit. To see all of the nominees, hit the link.

tanod

when is my burrito
Kittonwy probably gets props from Amy for defending, on GAF, her role in creating the Legacy of Kain story when Denis Dyack was basically denying she had any role at all.

It used to be in Kittonwy's tag when I first came to GAF, IIRC. Can't wait for the podcast. WOOOO!

Good luck ROFL and James on the AIAS awards.

tanod said:
Kittonwy probably gets props from Amy for defending, on GAF, her role in creating the Legacy of Kain story when Denis Dyack was basically denying she had any role at all

That sounds interesting. Have a link?

P.S. Good luck to Insomniac at AIAS here too.

tanod said:

Wow and wow again.

Denis Dyack exhibited an incredibly unprofessional attitude. I actually kind of feel bad for Kittonwy in light of the dogpiling he received from that thread.. regardless of how right or wrong he might have been.

Anyway, I'm now a big fan of Hennig's work thanks to Uncharted and I'm very much looking forward to what she has to say on the podcast. Hopefully she's more relaxed with jstevenson & co than she appears to be when she's in a making-of video.

Snah

Banned
Dennis Dyack is a total Hyack.

I love the remark about how "He would never have taken the series in that direction" regarding Soul Reaver, yet it was the right direction. :lol

Good luck with Too Human, Dennis, maybe your lawsuit can make up for your own shortcomings. :lol

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
tanod said:

Kittonwy Kittzoned Dyack
Indifferent2.gif

I can't believe it's the same person. Kittonwy sounds drunk now

he drinks every weekend with his best dude Brendan McNamara

Ceb

tanod said:

I liked this unrelated exchange:

Has the video game scene over the last 15 years or so taught all of you nothing??

THE GAME WILL COME BACK AT SOME POINT

jesus guys, havent you figured out by now that developers LOVE to revamp old series and push them out on consoles when they run out of original new IPs?

and Kain is a seris that coudl be milked for 5 or 6 titles at least

we WILL see a new Kain game eventually, just a matter of how long

say that to Street Fighter.

:lol

Just listening to the Full Moon Show from 2/7 and they are already at the point of having every level playable - which is where they were 1 month out from the original Resistance going gold. Plus 60 player games are up and running.

The polish on this puppy should be insane.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
King_Slender said:
Just listening to the Full Moon Show from 2/7 and they are already at the point of having every level playable - which is where they were 1 month out from the original Resistance going gold. Plus 60 player games are up and running.

notamused.jpg

Thanks for nothin

h3ro

King_Slender said:

Thanks for the update! Imagine the level of polish you'll have if you listen to podcasts from the month that we're currently in!

Dirtbag

Snah said:
Dennis Dyack is a total Hyack.

I love the remark about how "He would never have taken the series in that direction" regarding Soul Reaver, yet it was the right direction. :lol

Good luck with Too Human, Dennis, maybe your lawsuit can make up for your own shortcomings. :lol

and hans goes down again. :lol
sweet justice

Snah
Banned
(02-05-2008, 09:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Totobeni said:
Kittonwy Kittzoned Dyack
Indifferent2.gif

he drinks every weekend with his best dude Brendan McNamara

:lol WTF, the guy is posting on GAF about a 10 years old game and calling a GAFer a "tool" of all things.

Teknoman

In light of the massive Halo 3 screenshot thread, and the up and coming SSBB screenshot thread, gotta ask...is it possible that R2 might have a screenshot function? That would make for some crazy shots in an 8 player co-op mode.

Teknoman said:
In light of the massive Halo 3 screenshot thread, and the up and coming SSBB screenshot thread, gotta ask...is it possible that R2 might have a screenshot function? That would make for some crazy shots in an 8 player co-op mode.

They added a screenshot function to the original Resistance, although it isn't really like H3's. But it shows they're interested in smoething like that so it'll probably be in R2 in a much more indepth way.

FirewalkR

SolidSnakex said:
They added a screenshot function to the original Resistance, although it isn't really like H3's. But it shows they're interested in smoething like that so it'll probably be in R2 in a much more indepth way.

They should include a 3D screenshot function, exportable to Quicktime VR and similar formats. :D

SolidSnakex said:

I just hope they give us the option to change the key from 'print screen' to something else.
I bought Apples tiny and stylish bluetooth keyboard for my PS3 (works brilliantly btw) and to my surprise, that thing doesn't have a 'print screen' key. Doh!

JStevenson: customizing the screenshot-key, please :D

tanod

when is my burrito
King_Slender said:

You do know there was a podcast thread, right?

facepalm.gif

Basch

deepbrown said:
Gawd Dyack came accross as a complete dick. The only person pwned in that exchange was Dyack. Go make your fooking game, and do some research on Philosophy, cause it might just be an embarrassment with philosophy for children in Too Human.

He's always been a dick. Very unprofessional. All you can do during these times is just shake your head. Besides being a complete jacka$$, he's alright sometimes. Although, I can only bear him so much. I felt sorry for Kittonwy. He was left defending Hennig all on his own. What a bunch of jackals. If I was there around that time, I would've helped. ;) By the way, I don't think Dyack is directing Too Human. Silicon Knights is actually a really talented company. Just Dyack. >< Makes everything seem so much worse. What an a$$. :lol

Madman

JB1981 said:
Wow. Never ever buying one of Dyack's games after reading that exchange.
I might not go that far, but I really understand where the venom comes from when people talk about Dyack. I now know it would be more enlightening to look up what the said about God of War and look up that infamous EGM podcast (are they one in the same?).

I'm going to do it.

namor7 said:
looks lame. sorry.
You already have established a record of trolling both Ratchet and Twisted Metal. Best to keep up and make sure you get in a Resistance troll too, huh?

deepbrown said:
Gawd Dyack came accross as a complete dick. The only person pwned in that exchange was Dyack. Go make your fooking game, and do some research on Philosophy, cause it might just be an embarrassment with philosophy for children in Too Human.

Looks to me like Kittonwy came across as the bloke with no clue in those exchanges, but it's not exactly a KO. It's still two guys racing at the special olympics.

On topic: omgwtfbbq where will I get the money from to buy all these PS3 games?

BruceWayneIII said:
I just hope they give us the option to change the key from 'print screen' to something else.
I bought Apples tiny and stylish bluetooth keyboard for my PS3 (works brilliantly btw) and to my surprise, that thing doesn't have a 'print screen' key. Doh!

JStevenson: customizing the screenshot-key, please :D

I believe that F13 serves the same function.

(I bought a new slimline apple keyboard for my Mac Pro tower and have the old one by my PS3)

EDIT FOR OFF-TOPIC COMMENTS

Zedsdeadbaby said:
Looks to me like Kittonwy came across as the bloke with no clue in those exchanges, but it's not exactly a KO. It's still two guys racing at the special olympics.

Regardless, Dyack acted like a complete child. Kittonwy made reasonable assumptions based on reasonable sources--the game's own credits--and then Dyack comes in and is right-off-the-bat combative and insulting.

I don't know what sort of personal or professional conflict Dyack has with Hennig, but it's incredibly immature to walk into a thread and unload on some poor poster who isn't to blame for Dyack's personal problems.

FirewalkR

Kinan said:
Insomniac put their GDC presentation about SPU programming online - many technical things about progress from RFOM to RFOM2.

http://www.insomniacgames.com/tech/articles/0208/insomniac_spu_programming_gdc08.php

Biggest news is the use of deferred rendering in R2, which means that we may expect KZ2 quality lighting in the sequel. Cant wait for the first footage.

Hmmm... already shown up somewhere else, MikeB's thread I think, but ok, it's a valid post. I forgive you for bumping this without a link to the trailer. >:)

Top Bottom