• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESISTANCE 2: The Official Thread of Mankind's Last Stand

desertdroog

sykoex said:
I just realized that despite owning a PS1, PS2, and PS3, this will be the first Insomniac game I actually buy. :lol

The Ratchet and Clank series require to be purchased for your systems NAO!

Required IG Purchases:

All of them.

In lieu of that option, you should absolutely play their best games:

Spyro the Dragon
Spryro: Ripto's Rage
Ratchet & Clank: Goin' Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wollan said:
There is still time to play through R1!
Do that and check out the args, document guides...etc. You'll be surprised by the story depth.
Yeah I gotta do that. Watching all the R2 trailers got me really interested in the lore.

man this game is filled with wow moments.

I wish i could talk about them without spoiling it.

But lets just say this game has more horror than you think. The sound design is the just brilliant. Infact I have no Idea how anyone will survive some of the levels without a good surround sound setup not knowing when something is sneaking up behind,left,right of you.

very minor spoiler below.

There was one area where there was this nasty sound all around me and it was getting creepy. I looked all around and the sound was coming as if it was right next to me I was getting all freaked out cause i could not see it around me. But then ....I LOOKED ABOVE ME! I almost jumped out of my chair

the game is filled with crazy moments like that. the creature design is fantasticly icky and lots lots of gibs and blood.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
ok I'm now encoding 6 (six) 720p videos for Gamersyde. It's a total of around 55minutes of play time, from the very beginning of the game (already seen in other vids) to... well, what happens next (never before seen, so watchout has there are plenty of spoilers).

All this should be up tomorrow.

TTP said:
ok I'm now encoding 6 (six) 720p videos for Gamersyde. It's a total of around 55minutes of play time, from the very beginning of the game (already seen in other vids) to... well, what happens next (never before seen, so watchout has there are planety of spoilers).

dont ruin the game for yourselves people. hopefully this does not contain any of the big enemies in the second level

TTP said:
ok I'm now encoding 6 (six) 720p videos for Gamersyde. It's a total of around 55minutes of play time, from the very beginning of the game (already seen in other vids) to... well, what happens next (never before seen, so watchout has there are planety of spoilers).

Could you add the
motion blur
bonus?

Ploid 3.0

Kabuki Waq said:
man this game is filled with wow moments.

I wish i could talk about them without spoiling it.

But lets just say this game has more horror than you think. The sound design is the just brilliant. Infact I have no Idea how anyone will survive some of the levels without a good surround sound setup not knowing when something is sneaking up behind,left,right of you.

very minor spoiler below.

There was one area where there was this nasty sound all around me and it was getting creepy. I looked all around and the sound was coming as if it was right next to me I was getting all freaked out cause i could not see it around me. But then ....I LOOKED ABOVE ME! I almost jumped out of my chair

the game is filled with crazy moments like that. the creature design is fantasticly icky and lots lots of gibs and blood.

:D @ the spoiler'd text. I have my headphones ready.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It sounds like Insomniac has really developed a personality for the game. Ain't nobody gonna call it generic shooter if it's really playing up the horror stuff-- my favorite genre :D

Ploid 3.0

I'm glad they seemingly kicked up the horror aspect a notch. There were quite a few scary moments in R1. Man I can't wait to sink my teeth in this game. A few more days! R2 and the new president. I hope Obama wins, but if McKain wins we'll have a lot of Tina Fey on Saturday night live at least.

Greg

womfalcs3 said:
This may (will) be the first console game I play with headphones on.
Same here man - bought the new 16:9 monitor from BenQ and it should be arriving just before release. I can't fucking wait to plug my headphones in and absorb it all.

Ploid 3.0

That's partly why I have a headphone setup for my gaming. I play a lot of shooters and the gun sounds are loud. It also annoying at night or when people are trying to study.

Ploid 3.0

Pai Pai Master said:
How do you get around headset use for voice chat? That's the only thing I'm worried about.

I don't (guilty none hs user). I have a bt and usb headset but I like my headphones. If I don't use them I keep the sound very low. :\

Does anybody have a list of the trophies for the game? This might be one of the only games that might persuade me to get them all. :lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
a question for the fellow bay area (specifically SF guys). Can anyone hook me up with a floor to sleep on on the night of the R2 launch party? The friend that was supposed to go halves on a hotel room for the night bailed out and I'm not going to foot that bill, but I would be glad to drop 50 bucks for the night and breakfast the next day for a place to crash for the night :D I only live across the bay, but I know the partying may go after midnight and thats when bart stops running trains. So how bout it gaf...any help?

Halvie

Banned
Question for anyone in the beta...does the gunplay feel more arcadey than the first? I haven't played the first since the first month the ps3 came out, but I don't remember it being this arcadey....like shooting from the hip being pretty efficient for killing people. Game looks great and is a lot of fun, but was just wondering.

DrPirate

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Man I cant believe we get to play it so soon!

Man, it's killing me inside right now that people have it from retailers who broke street date and playing it right now :( Can't wait, this week is almost done.

FirewalkR

And I still can't pre-order R2CE from videogamesplus.ca. Suggestions still accepted, must ship to europe!

(play-asia no, gamestop no (ups->taxes), amazon no)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
That does it, the Orick map officially sold on the competition mode. While I see you guys like the chicago map, it annoyed me that I kept getting sniped by guys on top of these buildings. Orick helped ease me into the game much better.

Top Bottom