• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 DEMO up in Asian PSN store

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
3borgman said:
Made a Dummy account

quote to reveal!

and please dont change the password

Good job. Thank you.

netguy503 said:
This will be the biggest clusterfuck in GAF history. You know we all have attention spans the size of a knat's.

What's a knat?

netguy503 said:
This will be the biggest clusterfuck in GAF history. You know we all have attention spans the size of a knat's.

There's also 2 accounts going around so it should make things easier.

For the new page:

Account 1 by 3borgman
Made a Dummy account

quote to reveal!

and please dont change the password

Account 2 by AwesomeSauce

Since there's no limit to activate it just quote this post to see the account info

falconzss

S1kkZ said:
man, that demo was weak.

-controls are fine // Yep
-weapons feels great // Yep
-graphics look sub-hd (muddy, blurry) // I really expected more. Especially the aliasing was very noticeable and distracting.
-the level itself is just boring. the stuff with the goliath torwards the end is nice. // Yeah you're basically just standing on the boat half of the time doing nothing.
-some framerate issues
-cutscenes look much better (compared to rs2) // Can't comment on that since i still haven't played R2
cant tell you much more, since all you do is standing on a boat and shoot some enemies.
hated the demo, the trailer that played after finishing it looks much better (the graphics look like a different engine or game, so much nicer).

Exactly my thoughts. Also way to easy on hard, but this could just be a demo thing.

StuBurns

Banned
iNvidious01 said:
UBCVB.gif
I know what you mean now. Yeah, the demo must have the reversing tool from the SDK on it, but they haven't allocated alternate icons for it so we get the wrong ones popping up.

EDIT: First thoughts are it's very rough looking, the performance is messy and the field of vision makes me ill. Nice job.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
*sigh*

Wow..This was just awful,soulless, horrible and very boring demo, outdated graphics, garbage animations,generic looking environments, bad textures, and the gunplay is just freaking weak , completely unsatisfying and I felt nothing,this is most be one of the worst demos this generation.

I am not buying this, actually after at this point, I gave up on Insomniac completely and I am not buying anything from them, I gave them a chance after R2 disaster ( R:FOM was decent ffs, what a sad sad ending), but they continue their bad shallow efforts.

I am very disappointed.

iNvid02

im still gonna buy it because of the story but this demo left me unimpressed. think this was the wrong level to showcase a demo on.

it felt really blurry and muddy, i remember of resistance 1 looking really clean and sharp. it didnt have the most detail etc but it still looked good.

on the plus side the cut scenes looked nice and weapons felt solid. glad the wep wheel is back also.

edit: this is what im talking about, it looks so much cleaner and clearer than the shit i just played
36.jpg

mclaren777

Totobeni said:
I gave up on Insomniac completely and I am not buying anything from them, I gave them a chance after R2 disaster ( R:FOM was decent ffs, what a sad sad ending), but they continue their bad shallow efforts.
Both of the PS3 Ratchet games are brilliant. Have you played them?

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
S1kkZ said:
man, that demo was weak.

-controls are fine
-weapons feels great
-graphics look sub-hd (muddy, blurry)
-the level itself is just boring. the stuff with the goliath torwards the end is nice.
-some framerate issues
-cutscenes look much better (compared to rs2)

cant tell you much more, since all you do is standing on a boat and shoot some enemies.

That's a dam shame, I guess they'll just never be able to live up to the original, what with this and that crap they showed at e3 I really think they've lost it.

sajj316

kamorra said:
Good job. Thank you.

What's a knat?

probably meant gnat :)

anyway, thanks for the dummy account gaf! trying this out tonight.

EDIT: screens to prove blurry mess would be appreciated!

Adamm

Demo crashed on me when in the middle of shooting up the longlegs (?) - not a good sign :p

Apart from that the demo was unimpressive, the boat level was a bad choice.

Standing on the one place shooting things from a distance or jump onto the boat doesn't really give a true impression of the game play.

The weapons were fun, but the shotgun that you were given was the sensible choice on that level.

& has been mentioned - the graphics are blurry/muddy. It looks like is low resolution, but i could be wrong.

VinZuku

Oh hey look, another demo topic where people forget it's a demo and bitch about every little thing they percieve to be wrong with it. Love these! I wanna play too! I HATED HATED HATED the demo.

Hated that it ended.

I seriously don't know why a developer would even release a demo anymore because we all know that whatever level they release is going to be the most boring level in the game, the graphics are going to be sub-PS2 quality, and the frame rate's going to go down faster than a Taiwanese hooker, amirite?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
lowrider007 said:
That's a dam shame, I guess they'll just never be able to live up to the original, what with this and that crap they showed at e3 I really think they've lost it.

I don't blame them, they "lost it" after R:FOM, I think it's Sony fault, they should have hired another and actually good developers for Resistance 3 some guys who can actually make damn first person shooter that is not an utter mess like this piece of poop demo,SCEA should know after Resistance 2 abomination that Insomniac is a lost cause.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Where the hell is loudninja? ;)

Veelk

Banned
Just finished playing it. I liked it, but this was the wrong section to demo. You had such a limited field of movement that it felt constraining. I would have preferred to play what they showed in that trailer afterwards. I guess they were trying to showcase the atmosphere of the game more, but you can't really do that when the doctor is constantly telling you stuff like "OH LOOK AT THAT JOSEPH, A DEAD KRAKEN" and telling you how to use a shotgun. You can't create an atmosphere while also putting in such a blatant tutorial. Not to mention how scripted it was. When the Goliath was approaching and I was suppose to hide, I specifically started firing at it to see if I could get it's attention, but nothing happened until he passed us. That stuff takes you out of the game more than anything else. Either way, it looks like an interesting game, and I'll definitely get it.

VinZuku said:
Oh hey look, another demo topic where people forget it's a demo and bitch about every little thing they percieve to be wrong with it. Love these! I wanna play too! I HATED HATED HATED the demo.

Hated that it ended.

I seriously don't know why a developer would even release a demo anymore because we all know that whatever level they release is going to be the most boring level in the game, the graphics are going to be sub-PS2 quality, and the frame rate's going to go down faster than a Taiwanese hooker, amirite?

Developers just need to spell it out in huge bold letters at the beginning and end of a demo that it IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. But then people probably wouldn't read it so I guess they should yell it all them as well.

.la1n

The demo is a very old build that journalist were writing about months ago. The game has been polished quite a bit since then as evident by the Sony press conference.

Iv'e played a current build, it is amazing. Really takes me back to the original in terms of sheer fun. Graphics are also a huge leap above the first two games. You don't have to take my word for it.

readingrainbow2.jpg.gif

Then maybe they shouldn't have released this demo? I don't get why you release a substandard demo when you're trying to build hype for a game that's supposed to be your return to form after a disappointing sequel.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
TTP said:
Reading impressions on the visuals is depressing. Especially the sub-HD part. WTF.
None of the IG games run at 1280x720 so yeah... dunno why are you surprised.

Absoludacrous said:
Then maybe they shouldn't have released this demo? I don't get why you release a substandard demo when you're trying to build hype for a game that's supposed to be your return to form after a disappointing sequel.
If they wanted anyone anywhere near E3 to play this they would have released it in another territory. It's an old build they are showing to people who made not have seen them showing off the game for the last few months live. This is just a hands on chance for people who are less likely to have had hands on or seen the new footage.

If insomniac wanted us to play this demo, they would have given it to us.

V_Ben

Banned
Thought the demo was a load of fun, and once the fog lifted at the end it looked loads better. A good time though.

falconzss

.la1n said:
The demo is a very old build that journalist were writing about months ago. The game has been polished quite a bit since then as evident by the Sony press conference.

Iv'e played a current build, it is amazing. Really takes me back to the original in terms of sheer fun. Graphics are also a huge leap above the first two games. You don't have to take my word for it.

Then why release a demo of an old built that doesn't do anything but gives a very wrong and negative impression towards your game? Seriously the stuff i've seen so far looked very promising but then they choose to release such a demo...
That's not how you hype or persuade people to play your next game.

sleepykyo

Totobeni said:
I don't blame them, they "lost it" after R:FOM, I think it's Sony fault, they should have hired another and actually good developers for Resistance 3 some guys who can actually make damn first person shooter that is not an utter mess like this piece of poop demo,SCEA should know after Resistance 2 abomination that Insomniac is a lost cause.

Well it isn't like this Insomniac's biggest title anymore. The EA game is going to be their first attempt at multi-plat and Insomniac gets to keep the IP.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Wonder how long it's going to take to get this taken down from this public state. Sigh.

Keep in mind this is linear, moody, environmental story piece. It's also really old code as it had to get on the Battle: LA Blu-ray months ago.

I still think i you turn up the sound and turn off the lights, you'll have a good time and get a great feel for the tone of R3.

jstevenson said:
Wonder how long it's going to take to get this taken down from this public state. Sigh.

Keep in mind this is linear, moody, environmental story piece. It's also really old code as it had to get on the Battle: LA Blu-ray months ago.

I still think i you turn up the sound and turn off the lights, you'll have a good time and get a great feel for the tone of R3.
I never use demos as in indication of whether a game is good or not anymore for this very reason. I like to rent the full game upon release and if I like it I'll buy it.

Thanks for the tip. Downloading now.

Too bad I didn't have a Singapore account before, they have some different Welcome Back games.

sajj316

jstevenson said:

Mr. Stevenson, don't you guys control what gets distributed on the PS Store .. or was that the network's decision to post an old demo?

StuBurns

Banned
jstevenson said:

Is the FoV wider in the current game?

jstevenson said:

Did they change up the gameplay in that demo section? Because there isn't much to do.

netguy503

frankthurk said:
Maybe the fact you have to log in to the singapore store to get it is a sign it wasn't meant to be released?

No. They are releasing this same demo on the Battlefield: LA blu-ray (sooooo glad I don't have to buy that to get this now) to the public.

Will only buy if it has Nathan Hale in it.

M3Freak

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
they are so hit and miss

RFOM was awesome
TOD was kinda Meh
R2 is god awful
ACIT is great

wth is going on over there

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. I agree 100 billion fucking percent.

jstevenson said:

It wasn't supposed to go live?

Someone had to uploaded it to the servers :p

Top Bottom