• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 DEMO up in Asian PSN store

JardeL

Sevket-Erhat said:
What the hell had happened to regenerating health ? I am not happy at all
Not sure about this but Hale's health regeneration might be about his infection.

Edit : Played the demo, liked it. Gunplay feels good.

Loudninja

Full impressions:
+combat is great feels every satisfying,much better than R2 and better than R1.It seems all the weapons got a big upgrade they all feel great.

+the atmosphere is really fantastic with he sad music playing while people are talking on radio it really seems there is no hope.

+the graphics are pretty good not great but this is a 2 month old demo without the use of full camera blur like the vast majority of the levels will have.In short I am not really at all about them because from what I seen an other people impressions it looks great.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sorry, but I disliked everything about it.
Don't mind me though, I've just become very jaded with FPS games the last few years.
Wanted to give a chance to some of the bigger names out there. Maybe it was just the "on rails" boat ride thing.

BPK

iNvidious01 said:
im still gonna buy it because of the story but this demo left me unimpressed. think this was the wrong level to showcase a demo on.

it felt really blurry and muddy, i remember of resistance 1 looking really clean and sharp. it didnt have the most detail etc but it still looked good.

on the plus side the cut scenes looked nice and weapons felt solid. glad the wep wheel is back also.

edit: this is what im talking about, it looks so much cleaner and clearer than the shit i just played
36.jpg

You've expressed perfectly how I feel. Resistance 1 really did have that "clean" look. I wish they'd go back to it.

Zoibie

BPK said:
You've expressed perfectly how I feel. Resistance 1 really did have that "clean" look. I wish they'd go back to it.

The R3 demo at Sony's conference looked quite clean to me.

Footos22

Played the demo last night, Surround sound on as loud as the foundations would allow.

Loved it!

Loved the guns, atmosphere and definitely the sound.

Can't wait till September!

Square Triangle said:
I really hope this demo is an old build. It's extremely terrible looking. Nothing that the level of Insomniac could release.

It is old. Watch some of the E3 multiplayer gameplay videos. You can clearly see a difference.

Ashes

Banned
Atruvius said:

Here's my singapore account's email and password. Just quote this. Download the demo from dl history.

thank you very much....

edit: posted it in the other thread, might as well post it in here.

Okay demo's finished.

I love the cinematic feel. And god I missed the weapon wheel. It seriously just lets one pause to think in the midst of battle.

When the music kicked in, I made a mental note, to write here that they really should make the music louder... It came on at the right time... but then I thought, Well J.S was talking about listening to the music full on and stuff. So I thought, it being 9am over here, why not?

I honestly can't remember when I last turned up the volume a notch, and for what game, but wholly fuck the soundtrack is awesome...

This game is so bought!

J.S. You guys should have a mock message at the beginning, like in the cinema, where you ask the audience to turn off their mobile phones, but then you ask them to turn up the sound. Cause it sounds fucking brilliant with 5.1

There were crappy shadow textures at one stage though, and the wave splashes are not very good but overall, the whole thing looks so good. It feels like the Hale R1 universe.

I thought this demo was very well paced. There needs to be more music at the start though... Well I'm gonna go play it again on loud this time. So maybe I can hear some of the radio stuff on the background now...

Ps. The camera is so zoomed in, and I do like that you really feel as if your there, but I wish you could blend in the pointer more in with the background, or give us the choice of removing it or something. Maybe even the option of choosing the colour would be cool. Heck, they should let the guy rest his arms or something. He's always holding it up... :p

And I was glad that you didn't need the ironsights... so glad.

9.3 out 10

Pikma

Banned
Does anyone else has it on their account? :(
For whatever reason PSN doesn't let me use Atruvius account, it asks me for his birth date lol
please please please? I'm kinda a big fan of the first two and I would love to check the new changes everyone is talking about.

Pikma said:
Does anyone else has it on their account? :(
For whatever reason PSN doesn't let me use Atruvius account, it asks me for his birth date lol
please please please? I'm kinda a big fan of the first two and I would love to check the new changes everyone is talking about.
heard the account was banned.

Pikma

Banned
Always-honest said:
heard the account was banned.

Yeah, just read it. :(
It's a shame how they go the long way just to keep you from playing a free demo that's supposed to exist to promote their game, but it's a bigger shame that I'll end up buying their fucking game.

Loudninja

Pikma said:
Yeah, just read it. :(
It's a shame how they go the long way just to keep you from playing a free demo that's supposed to exist to promote their game, but it's a bigger shame that I'll end up buying their fucking game.
The thing is the demo was not suppose to exist on the store.

JJD

I was browsing the Singapore PS Store and they got Malicious!!! I'm envious...

Then suddenly someone logged me off, lol! Gaffers must have realized the account wasn't banned!

DevilWillcry said:
Dude, you rock :D

So it was you! :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks insane

Well, a couple of gifs never tell the truth about the graphics... a lot of games can look good in gifs but it's a whole different story when you're playing the actual game on your own telly. I'm definitely not expecting any groundbreaking graphics from this game, especially when it comes to multiplayer..

Ok I haven't revisited a Resistance 3 thread since I saw that boat level that looked like total crap to me. Figured I'd jump in here and see what's going on with the game. This just went from buy to no sale back to buy again.

Thrakier

Rabbitweed said:
Well, a couple of gifs never tell the truth about the graphics... a lot of games can look good in gifs but it's a whole different story when you're playing the actual game on your own telly. I'm definitely not expecting any groundbreaking graphics from this game, especially when it comes to multiplayer..

Wise man...won't tell more.

Irish

Rabbitweed said:

Well, it looks just as good on my television...

I was just so let down by R2 after those early bullshots that I'm kind of pessimistic when it comes Insomniac and reading that the game runs sub hd is also disappointing. Despite that, I'm still looking forward to the final game... hope they can deliver the goods this time.

Violater

No series gets the gaf roller coaster going like Resistance.
If the multiplayer is fun I'm in, simple as that.

JS if you are reading this, as a bonus I wish there was a setting to turn down the blur and DOF when you are running.

Irish

Thrakier said:
Playing on a SD-TV, yes?

Nope. You? :p

Seriously, it's something about the lighting and motion blur that makes everything seem so damn good to me. Everything stands out and I like that.

Tiduz said:
wait that grass field is in a new demo? i only have the lame old boat demo

It's from the beta.

Thrakier

Irish said:
Nope. You? :p

Nope. And I won't talk about details. I just tell you that you should get your eyes checked. ;)

Seriously, it's something about the lighting and motion blur that makes everything seem so damn good to me. Everything stands out and I like that.

I was watching some YouTube Vids. You should take notice to the following features:

- overall bland design, not many details, it's kinda "empty" (R2 had the same problem)
- low resolution, therefore clear aliasing, shimmering etc. pp.
- bad choice of colors (you can see that in the GIF too, gras is way to green etc.)
- lighting is "fake". I don't know the correct names, but I guess it's just "light maps"? It's not dynamic. The player character doesn't have a shadow at all, which is more than weird. If you compare it to U3 where you could player movement just because you see the shadows...this is leagues beyond. There are two "lighting" models for the gun. One with less contrast (for outside) and one for dark scenarions with a lot of contrast (so the gun is darker and no details are visible). There is nothing inbetween. There is just "dark" or "not dark".
- low res textures

Maybe Insomniac got hindered by the 3d implentation. I don't know. The engine doesn't seem to be updated compared to R2 besides the motion blur (but with lower resolution). At this point I'd prefer R1 engine with just more content, really. At least R1 was kinda nice to look at.

If KZ3 is a AAA graphics wise than R3 is a C- at best. In the MP, not talking about SP.

Loudninja

Thrakier said:
Nope. And I won't talk about details. I just tell you that you should get your eyes checked. ;)

I was watching some YouTube Vids. You should take notice to the following features:

- overall bland design, not many details, it's kinda "empty" (R2 had the same problem)
- low resolution, therefore clear aliasing, shimmering etc. pp.
- bad choice of colors (you can see that in the GIF too, gras is way to green etc.)
- lighting is "fake". I don't know the correct names, but I guess it's just "light maps"? It's not dynamic. The player character doesn't have a shadow at all, which is more than weird. If you compare it to U3 where you could player movement just because you see the shadows...this is leagues beyond. There are two "lighting" models for the gun. One with less contrast (for outside) and one for dark scenarions with a lot of contrast (so the gun is darker and no details are visible). There is nothing inbetween. There is just "dark" or "not dark".
- low res textures

Maybe Insomniac got hindered by the 3d implentation. I don't know. The engine doesn't seem to be updated compared to R2 besides the motion blur (but with lower resolution). At this point I'd prefer R1 engine with just more content, really. At least R1 was kinda nice to look at.

If KZ3 is a AAA graphics wise than R3 is a C- at best. In the MP, not talking about SP.
I am not really sure why you keep going to every Resistance topic and posting the same things.You are not in the beta you are judging things based on youtube vidoes.Also its pretty funny you telling him what to take notice of when he is actually in the beta.

Top Bottom