• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 DEMO up in Asian PSN store

sleepykyo

Totobeni said:
Well ...They should search harder for a better developer(Even SEGA got Gearbox, so why can't SCEA get someone decent), with the demo as bad as this garbage, Insomniac will definitely kill what left of Resistance brand and there will be no way for Sony to revive it after R3.

Wow, so that why even the guns in OverStrike CG trailers were copy and paste of R&C guns, man Insomniac is all over the place, I kinda feel sorry for them.

Oh come on, Insomniac did what it could considering it had to churn out games on an annual basis to fill out Sony's lineup. On that note, I'm okay with Resistance dying off. Sony has KZ as their fps and Uncharted as their tps. And Insomniac's own OverStrike can serve as a coop shooter.

sleepykyo

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Either way, the Resistance and R&C games were good relatively to their time frame. It's just that their isn't a lot of room for them anymore.

Irish

I'd take the arcadey craziness of the Resistance games over every other FPS every day of the week. Of course, I'm simply talking about the SP and Co-Op campaign here. The BF series would be my go to FPS for MP.

DrPirate said:
Put me in the queue please, I wanna get my hands on this, I know the rules :) Deactivate after I download.

Just go ahead and DL it now. I'm guessing there aren't a whole lot of people signing in and out of it at the moment.

Ashes

Banned
StuBurns said:
Insomniac weren't making a game in a year, they were making two games in two years with two teams I believe.

There are now two insomniac studios, but all the releases thus far have been made by the one studio.

Ashes

Banned
StuBurns said:
One studio with more than one team.

huh? They have one team. Their work flow patterns might be different to other places. I think the pre-production staff doesn't stand idle whilst everybody else does work, the pre-production staff work on their next project... stuff like the story etc..

J.S can explain it better. There aren't two separate teams. At least I don't think there are.

ps. The dummy accounts don't work anymore... :(

StuBurns

Banned
Ashes1396 said:
huh? They have one team. Their work flow patterns might be different to other places. I think the pre-production staff doesn't stand idle whilst everybody else does work, the pre-production staff work on their next project... stuff like the story etc..

J.S can explain it better. There aren't two separate teams. At least I don't think there are.

Regardless of the specific pipeline, the games are not on one year cycles. They don't ship Resistance 2, come back off holiday and go "right, R&C is next I guess, any ideas?".

I'm sure parts of the studio do move across projects, that's the benefit of having two games in development at the same time.

Ashes

Banned
The bulk of the work is/was on a yearly cycle. Regardless, I don't think there are two teams working on two games, and delivering two games over a two year period. Say that ten times! :p

-PXG-

I really hope this isn't the demo they plan on putting out across all regions later this Summer. You literally sit on a boat and do nothing. After I killed a few of those crawling things, or whatever they're called, I got bored and turned it off.

I know it's an old press build but damn. The graphics are okay, but not terrible. Gun play feels disjointed and floaty. Plus the force feedback is out of sync with what's going on-screen.

Sorry Insomniac, but this is one of the most boring demos I have ever played. I'm not even kidding. I know, I know...WIP, not an accurate representation of the final build, blah blah. First impressions are one thing, but first hands-on impressions are another. Seriously, this almost put me to sleep. It's gonna take a lot for me to put down $60 on this, especially with Gears coming two weeks afterwards.

You have a lot of work to do.

Irish

-PXG- said:
I really hope this isn't the demo they plan on putting out across all regions later this Summer. You literally sit on a boat and do nothing. After I killed a few of those crawling things, or whatever they're called, I got bored and turned it off.

This is where I stopped reading because you played maybe two minutes of it. That's like writing an entire review based on a screenshot.

Himself

Irish said:
This is where I stopped reading because you played maybe two minutes of it. That's like writing an entire review based on a screenshot.

Yep. I've said it before: the early pictures/video of this very level are what got me to go back and play the old Resistance games and fall in love.

Can't wait to be immersed in atmosphere with "nothing" happening.

-PXG-

Himself said:
Yep. I've said it before: the early pictures/video of this very level are what got me to go back and play the old Resistance games and fall in love.

Can't wait to be immersed in atmosphere with "nothing" happening.

Watch a movie than :p

Himself

-PXG- said:
Watch a movie than :p

I understand you're looking for excitement, and I don't doubt it'll be there. I hear you. Resistance games always have great action, and R3 will be no different, I'm sure.

They also have a great sense of atmosphere, setting, and pacing, and I'm really happy to see Insomniac paying attention to this. It'll only make the "action" parts seem that much more intense. The sense of despondency and destitution that was missing from the second game but made the first so special looks like it'll be amplified tenfold.

szaki

Neo Member
Metalmurphy said:
There's also 2 accounts going around so it should make things easier.

For the new page:

Account 1 by 3borgman
Made a Dummy account

quote to reveal!

and please dont change the password

Account 2 by AwesomeSauce

Since there's no limit to activate it just quote this post to see the account info

not working

Irish said:

You stopped reading after one paragraph just like he stopped playing after maybe 2 minutes.

Maybe the demo isn't representative of the game, but then it's not his fault that Insomniac put out a demo he didn't dig.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Ashes1396 said:

PS2 era games: a couple of months pre-production (with some of team rolling off as we finished a game to start the next one) and the rest of the year in full production.

PS3 through ACIT: 1-year with a small pre-production team, then 1 year with full team. This varied a lot based on folks left on projects to support them or with things like ACIT.

A41 and beyond: 3 year cycle with smaller teams, though more consistency in team size across the three years giving much more time for iteration, experimentation and polish at the end.

Irish

MalboroRed said:
You stopped reading after one paragraph just like he stopped playing after maybe 2 minutes.

Maybe the demo isn't representative of the game, but then it's not his fault that Insomniac put out a demo he didn't dig.

Yes, that is indeed the joke I was making.

He can call it whatever he likes after he plays through the entire little section (which isn't all that long). I'll give him that. First impressions always bug me, especially when people play so little. I agree that they picked the wrong area to demo, don't get me wrong, it definitely should have been Haven for dynamic battles. However, one real strength the demo has is that little ammo box. It turns the whole demo into a testing ground for all of the weapons. You can fire and fire and fire away.

TwIsTeD

Didnt have any luck logging into the dummy account, someone wanna hook a fellow gaffer up?

edit: and thats why I LOVE GAF

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
I don't get it why people are dissapointed in the demo, I reallty loved it:

I didn't expect too much, but what we got was far beyond my expectations. Graphics were not Uncharted or Killzone but still quite good, but especially the scale of epicness was beyond my imagination.

The moment that the big monster walks over you, well that's why I play games ^^

Demo was more positive than negative to me as well. I like the game's tone/visual style much more than the one of R2. Graphics-wise I hope they will at least increase the IQ though.

But I don't like that I can't shoot anymore on any surface with the Bullseye's secondary fire. Seems only to stick on enemies.

Irish

SolidusDave said:
But I don't like that I can't shoot anymore on any surface with the Bullseye's secondary fire. Seems only to stick on enemies.

Yeah, I really hope that makes it into the final game. Making tag bombs/traps was one of my favorite things to do in R:FoM. Any word on if this is in, jstevenson?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
lolz, so they take it down, well I can't blame them it was really beyond awful, worst fps I've played since The Conduit.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
caliblue15 said:
dummy account says, "You cannot use Playstation Network with this account."

sad panda...

lol, they banned the account. ERROR CODE 8002A231
gj Insomniac.

Norml

caliblue15 said:
dummy account says, "You cannot use Playstation Network with this account."

sad panda...

Did you make sure you signed out with other first?You need to sign out then create new and sign in with existing/dummy account.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
just played this. felt the gameplay was really solid. the weapon wheel makes all the difference, and controls have been tightened over R2 considerably. graphics are really average though, pretty bad image quality. still, will buy because it is fun.

LegoDad

Norml said:
just saw your post. bummer for those who wanted to give it a try.

yeppers, was excited... guess i'll have to wait for europe, japan, or rent that la movie that i heard is horrible.

gembel

i have to say, the graphics is really bad.. its on the same level as black ops imo.. blurry, jaggy..

why cant insomniac make games as good looking as guerilla??

LEGGZZZZ

I don't understand why people here keep shitting on the graphics. The E3 stage demo and their nighttime forest level both look fantastic and much better than this old as demo (not as good as Killzone 3 of course, but who was expecting that?)

BeeDog

LEGGZZZZ said:
I don't understand why people here keep shitting on the graphics. The E3 stage demo and their nighttime forest level both look fantastic and much better than this old as demo (not as good as Killzone 3 of course, but who was expecting that?)

Sure, those videos look really nice, but it's obviously easier to judge stuff like image quality when you try out the demo for yourself. And the image quality is poor so far, and if it remains that way, a lot of the snazzy stuff seen in newer videos will be lost.

Top Bottom