• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - VGA Trailer Discussion - September 6th, 2011

Ashes

Banned
Air Zombie Meat said:
I liked it a lot. Looks much better than R2 and the colour palette is more similar R1s. Encouraging stuff :)

This thread is confusing me... don't you mean mood?

Parts

Ashes1396 said:
Put in a word for us please to be able to do the same. :)
THIS. I'm begging you Insomniac, I love being able to turn off the HUD! Looks so good.
yencid said:
How the fuck do we not have Gifs yet?

o7rek4.gif
Good god.

iratA

JS I hope there were no bs tricks being pulled with that in-game stuff because after re-watching it, it looks bloody unbelievable. I mean killzone blood splatter and explosions do not look this good. I need to see more, stat.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Thanks yencid, keep em coming. The shotgun fire part was hype too; chimera blows up and flies into the player almost.

shagg_187 said:
I hope we can turn it off in-game as well! :D

Yo Stevenson, pass this on to your superiors please, it looks awesome without a HUD. At the very least make it a modifier after the game has been completed once.

yencid

Air Zombie Meat said:
Maybe? It has the same kind of dreary and dark look to it. R2 was all bright and day-glo both in terms of enemies and environments.
Its a mix or R1 and R2. It still has color, but its more bleak.

EDIT: after looking at this thing in slow motion to make the Gifs.... HOLY shit at things you dont notice when its going fast

Danielsan

I thought this was an excellent trailer. I want to buy this, unlike Resistance 2 which I didn't give a shit about from the moment the first footage was released. Though, and maybe it's the shitty GT video encoding, the framerate looks pretty worrying.

yencid

Kaako said:
Thanks yencid, keep em coming. The shotgun fire part was hype too; chimera blows up and flies into the player almost.
HOLY SHIT I DIDNT NOTICE THAT THE FIRST TIME WATCHING! :O SO GOOOOOD!
and not almost, shit HITS the player

2lji2wn.gif

TRULY AMAZING!

Y2Kev said:
Is there another human in this scene?

The captain, isnt that fucking awesome? >3<

hsukardi

The graphics look good. It depends on whether gameplay can hold up this time...

Gears of War paces its gameplay sections brilliantly. Fingers crossed Insomniac put the extra development time to good use.

Man

I've seen my fair share of alien shooters these last two decades of gaming but that image of the jumping aliens, that color palette and boat houses look unique and fresh.

The animation looks really good too, especially on those jetpack chimera. Also I've enjoyed all the live action stuff we've seen so far, even if I would usually prefer to see gameplay.

Ashes

Banned
Air Zombie Meat said:
Maybe? It has the same kind of dreary and dark look to it. R2 was all bright and day-glo both in terms of enemies and environments.

Oh I see what you mean now. Cause R1 was brown, brown, brown. :)

Kaako

Felium Defensor
yencid said:
HOLY SHIT I DIDNT NOTICE THAT THE FIRST TIME WATCHING! :O SO GOOOOOD!
and not almost, shit HITS the player

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lji2wn.gif

TRULY AMAZING!

The captain, isnt that fucking awesome? >3<
Holy fuck, now THAT'S what I was waiting for. :O
This game will be o so sexy, I can almost feel it. After R2, the resistance team @ Insomniac really seemed to stepped it up and in the right direction as well. Loving the art style of the game.

Mush

I especially liked how the live-action bit with Malikov and Capelli transitioned into gameplay. Really sweet trailer doodz.

Yoboman

It's no texturezilla like KZ3, but I think the lighting, animation, post-processing effects have gotten to that level.

Man

Domcorleone said:
is no one blown away by these graphics? its almost better than Killzone 3
The performance in this video is more polished it seems.

KZ3 is upfront with everyone being in Beta and more letting us scrutinize it to the smallest detail but R3 details like the amount of frames in the effects (blood splatter), smoother framerate and at least as good animation really sells this.

yencid

That trailer definetly met and exeeded my expectations. I been following this since it was revealed and the trailer def proofed that this is going to deliver (for me, dont argue thanks :) )

The best blood effects I've ever seen.
I hope they have a full live action short film like the AC2 lineage video because I'm absolutely loving the live action bits.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The bright environments give me a Half-Life 2 vibe. I like that.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
At first I was disappointed. Maybe because I'm not into the Resistance fiction.
(Only played 2, and then basically just Co-Op)

But then the gifs of the action stuff. Just great.
I love the aliens that jump. I just hope it again has co-op.

Top Bottom