• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawns Abbie Heppe: "We're not dropping the resolution" of Titanfall for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Banned
What else has CBOAT been wrong about?

He was wrong about Prince of Persia being exclusive to Xbox One (he got it confused with Halo 5 trailer or something). And I think there was some Xbox One "ass storm" we'd learn of by launch that bishoptl disagreed with / told him not to post, nothing ever came of that IIRC.

his track record has been kinda hit or miss lately.

Probably because he trusts whoever he's hearing this from without question when they are in fact incorrect or lying.

No. id like to think the man is cleverer than that, especially after the ntkrl fiasco. Notice he never went out his way to confirm any of those rumours?

Something is off here.

Vamphuntr

Someone at MS is trying to find the leak. They give bad info to a select few people to try and narrow down who the leaker is. I'm just guessing here....

Or maybe the source of his information is simply wrong? I doubt there is a big conspiracy about this. Either he lied on purpose, his source was wrong or Respawn lies.

flkraven

i2gB3gIhOo6K0.gif

You are amazing.

Occam

Maybe CBOAT was really fed incorrect information in order to smoke him out...
He needs to be more careful.

MormaPope

Banned
train-stunt-o.gif

It'll be depressing if Cboat is banished or tarnished for this. Someone he trusted feeding him bogus info to out him would be really lame, but Cboat should've known better to fall for something like that.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that at least, we have another pre E3 thread with him. I'll miss you dearly, CBOAT. I'm not even kidding.

Seems silly. Why not just stop posting instead?

I can't reconcile the idea that someone in Cboat's position with the type of information he gets wouldn't understand the ramifications of the texture claim and how easy it will be to objectively discredit it and in turn him. The fact that respawn was so quick to jump on it and go against his claim is weird.

I have no idea what is happening but this seems all sorts of illogical to me.

netBuff

He was wrong about Prince of Persia being exclusive to Xbox One (he got it confused with Halo 5 trailer or something). And I think there was some Xbox One "ass storm" we'd learn of by launch that bishoptl disagreed with / told him not to post, nothing ever came of that IIRC.

his track record has been kinda hit or miss lately.

The party system and many other parts of the Xbone interface not working correctly was the "ass storm". His track record has been nothing but "hit" lately.

Kimosabae

Banned
This can't be CBOAT being deliberately misleading - what's the point? Only Microsoft benefits from mods here pulling the trigger on this guy.

Good play, MS.

It's not like CBOAT ever said GAF should take his word as gospel he just rightfully gained a reputation.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I don't even see the party chat thing coming to fruition, seeing as how they've already invited people to test out the March update.

This rumor at least makes sense. They could have worked on this fallback solution before Microsoft had a concrete patch roadmap for the native party system.

The 720p rumor also makes sense, although it is at odds with other evidence, including Respawn's statements. It would make zero sense for them to deny a resolution downgrade repeatedly. (I would like 720p, though, if it improves the framerate).

The textures rumor, however, makes no technological sense that I can think of.

Chobel

Here's even crazier theory:

They smoked him out last time in titanfall map count thread and got access to his gaf account, now MS thought we plugged the leak, now let's kill his reputation. and someone else committed the (presumably) account suicide.

RIP cboat.

EDIT: dammit, beaten even in this crazy theory.

GavinGT

Banned
Respawn must have the Extended Magazine mod equipped, considering all the shots they've fired at CBoaT recently.

StuBurns

Banned
I can't reconcile the idea that someone in Cboat's position with the type of information he gets wouldn't understand the ramifications of the texture claim and how easy it will be to objectively discredit it and in turn him. The fact that respawn was so quick to jump on it and go against his claim is weird.

The texture thing is suspect though, because it was never completely clear what he meant by it.

PBY

Banned

It also doesn't make sense for MS to put out any sort of bad info about their flagship title, regardless of intent or validity though.

Freki

Here's even crazier theory:

They smoked him out last time in titanfall map count thread and got access to his gaf account, now MS thought we plugged the leak, now let's kill his reputation. and someone else committed the (presumably) account suicide.

RIP cboat.

That's what I think as well. This alpha texture thing is just to obvious...

Caayn

Someone at MS is trying to find the leak. They give bad info to a select few people to try and narrow down who the leaker is. I'm just guessing here....
MS has probably been busy for a while now to track cboat down. Maybe they caught him and are trying to discredit him as much as they can or maybe they're deliberately feeding incorrect info to suspicious employees.

His track record as of late hasn't been really stellar. So at least it looks like MS is getting closer and closer to finding out who he is, if they haven't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom