• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawns Abbie Heppe: "We're not dropping the resolution" of Titanfall for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk2025

Like I said on the other thread, unless they managed to greatly improved the framerate, I kind of wish they would, actually.

Eh, I'm all in either way!

213372bu

Banned
I can't reconcile the idea that someone in Cboat's position with the type of information he gets wouldn't understand the ramifications of the texture claim and how easy it will be to objectively discredit it and in turn him. The fact that respawn was so quick to jump on it and go against his claim is weird.

I have no idea what is happening but this seems all sorts of illogical to me.

I thought it was a bit off too, it wasn't long after cboat posted that Respawn came in with literal smiles asking if anyone wanted a ban bet. Seems fishy.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Maybe CBoaT confused alpha textures with alpha blending effects?

netBuff

what were these MANY OTHER PARTS?

Quite a bit of missing functionality, including basic things like file management, battery indication or a not terrible resolution scaler.

Or voice controls and Kinect being barely functional at all, TV integration being very spotty.

Brohan

I really didn't expect it to be 720p anymore, i mean they obviously upped the resolution to 792p just so that it is anything but 720p.

But i think they should have just stuck to 720p for better performance, they said ''frame rate is king'' yet they upped the res while the frames are not that steady at all.
Maybe it will be more stable on release but i have my doubts.

To be honest, I can't help but feel that if it was entirely up to Respawn they would have stuck to 720p.

1. Microsoft found CBOAT
  2. They kept it quiet
  3. Now Microsoft is using his own account to discredit him
iFHcQSiAESUXU.gif

He was wrong about Prince of Persia being exclusive to Xbox One (he got it confused with Halo 5 trailer or something). And I think there was some "ass storm" for Microsoft at launch that bishoptl disagreed with / told him not to post, nothing ever came of that IIRC.

his track record has been kinda hit or miss lately.

And the Platinum Game. And arguably no "Indie" policy days before MSFT released an "Indie" policy. And the PS4 release date. And, most of all, the yield issues really look like they were questionable to begin with by the facts of large XB1 supplies and the uplocks to the SOC.

I've been suspicious of his claims ever since those August claims just were a mess.

MormaPope

Banned
  1. Microsoft found CBOAT
  2. They kept it quiet
  3. Now Microsoft is using his own account to discredit him

We now need to decipher and locate intricacies with Cboat's posting patterns and find out if and when he was snatched. We must decipher something that was not meant to be deciphered.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Question because I have no idea. What games have supported 792p before? It seems like such a random resolution, you would think other games would have gone this route in the past rather than 720p? What gives?

What is bizarre about all of this, is how confident and vocal CBOATS prediction is, and respawns direct response almost exactly around the time this all hit - in addition to another "insider" that emerged shortly after that leaked titanfall bundle.

I really didn't expect it to be 720p anymore, i mean they obviously upped the resolution to 792p just so that it is anything but 720p.

But i think they should have just stuck to 720p for better performance, they said ''frame rate is king'' yet they upped the res while the frames are not that steady at all.
Maybe it will be more stable on release but i have my doubts.

To be honest, I can't help but feel that if it was entirely up to Respawn they would have stuck to 720p.

Maybe the performance drops aren't due to the resolution?

Conspiracy theory: Titanfall benefited from the removal of the sharpening filter to the point where it would be a noticeable improvement even with the alpha textures.

Considering it's already confirmed that they're fiddling with the upscaler, it's entirely possible that's where the graphical improvements are coming from.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Would be sad to see this be the end of CBoaT. I could see it going either way since there were framerate issues in the beta but dropping res would be odd.

Possible situation where everyone's right, game on disk ships at 720p/alpha textures but a day 1 patch improves them.

I can't reconcile the idea that someone in Cboat's position with the type of information he gets wouldn't understand the ramifications of the texture claim and how easy it will be to objectively discredit it and in turn him. The fact that respawn was so quick to jump on it and go against his claim is weird.

I have no idea what is happening but this seems all sorts of illogical to me.

Yeah, it's very strange to double down on a claim that's already been proven wrong and one where developers are quick to chime in and claim BS. Maybe he really trusts his source?

Because the kinectless SKU rumor lives on - if it's clearly shown that hes telling BS now whos gonna trust what he said in the past?

Didn't ntkrnl also claim there would be a Kinectless SKU? Him bring wrong about TF doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong about that SKU.

Prine

Banned
Good, ban these insiders if they are frequently wrong. All they're causing with their lies is additional stress on GAFs DB server and extra work for mods.

Hail #ntkrnl

The texture thing is suspect though, because it was never completely clear what he meant by it.

I suppose? It all just seems weird to me. I've been quite the cboat supporter prior to this but if he is wrong on this, he should get a temp ban like any other insider at the very least

Freki

Question because I have no idea. What games have supported 792p before? It seems like such a random resolution, you would think other games would have gone this route in the past rather than 720p? What gives?

What is bizarre about all of this, is how confident and vocal CBOATS prediction is, and respawns direct response almost exactly around the time this all hit - in addition to another insider that emerged shortly after.

Interesting point - It's like the respawn guys were on standby for this....

Anion

Something seems off here. This is the second time CBOAT has adamantly stated this with plenty proof to the contrary. Why?

And even if it was an account suicide, why not just ask for a ban?

I also find shinobi602s departure rather strange.

He is trying to leave the world stage and be forgotten....until the next gen rumors begin!

He is hibernating.
I shall await for his return

vdo

Maybe it was going to be 720p, but CBOAT being so confident pissed the devs off so much that they are going to do everything they can to make it 792p

BraXzy

inb4 CBoaT releases everything s/he's got to save themselves from ban.

Speaking of CBoaT, s/he has been a member since 2004? Wtf.

StuBurns

Banned
I suppose? It all just seems weird to me. I've been quite the cboat supporter prior to this but if he is wrong on this, he should get a temp ban like any other insider at the very least
A mod should demand clarification so there's no ambiguity.

Does he mean lower res textures, or reduced alpha transparency on effects. We must know.

Freki

Yeah, it's very strange to double down on a claim that's already been proven wrong and one where developers are quick to chime in and claim BS. Maybe he really trusts his source?

Didn't ntkrnl also claim there would be a Kinectless SKU? Him bring wrong about TF doesn't necessarily mean he was wrong about that SKU.

I honestly have no idea - this alpha texture thing is just to weird as you say yourself....

Those buttocks have provided us with plenty of info, I see no need to turn on him. This sounds like more of a "bad intelligence" situation than anything else.

We shall see...

But I'm still interested in knowing his identity. ;D

Zyae

lol @ all the conspiracy theories. The guy was wrong, and hes been wrong about things in the past but hid behind "x might change so dont hold me to it". Long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom