• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. They aren't going to place NX in the hands of Store Manager John Doe from Retail Chain Y ahead of a reveal. There's a better chance it's simply the NoE equivalent of what NoA showed GameStop managers last week. Hands-on with Zelda and upcoming games, new bundles, and such. It doesn't have to be NX related like people are hoping.

I believe this is to discuss NoE's holiday lineup.

I think any retail meeting regarding NX that would involve anyone other than high level executives would happen after a general reveal.

Best to keep expectations low, of course, but FWIW:

https://twitter.com/phazon4g/status/778000897020399617

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Nintendo needs to come out and say if this isn't NX related soon or people will be pissed

They haven't said anything concrete about the NX for 550 days. Why would they start now?

I read the thread thinking that retailers around europe were going to nintendo europe with pitchforks as some kind of rebellion.

I hope it's the NX

Hydrus

Is it time for the Hype Train or no? I don't wanna fall for this again.

hypetrain1.jpg

ggx2ac

So, that retailer meeting could be happening within days as per that tweet. Either something is imminent or we wait for October.

Hahaha

Just because we have reports of retailers being invited does not preclude the possibility of press being invited too, for some sort of pre reveal hands on event.

Also we have NoE reports but there could also be simultaneous NoA and NCL events for all we know, especially when we have reports that everyone attending is under NDA.

Or it's not NX related. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

ChrisD

I just want meta Amiibo that are just miniature molds of Nintendo's consoles themselves

Which one of these hypothetical amiibo do we think would actually sell the most?

My money's on the NES for console and Gameboy for handheld solely because nostalgia sells.

Though the Super Nintendo and DS look nicer imo.

How often does this sort of thing happen? It has to be NX related. And the information and details from this event will be leaked. How could it not.

Nintendo ninjas

AGITΩ

All joking aside, if it is for the NX, it could be about trying to get more shelf space or better placement at retailers. Though that would normally be done at a corporate level first. But it would make sense, the last few years, Nintendo seems to be an after thought on where its stocked in most stores making it seem even more irrelevant to average consumers.

Nairume

Banned
AGITΩ;217436246 said:
All joking aside, if it is for the NX, it could be about trying to get more shelf space or better placement at retailers. Though that would normally be done at a corporate level first. But it would make sense, the last few years, Nintendo seems to be an after thought on where its stocked in most stores making it seem even more irrelevant to average consumers.
Honestly, my guess is, if it is about NX, it's more probably even more specifically about launch stuff (preorders, release data, pricing, what kind of/how many retail games to expect) and if there's anything that will be explicitly tied to the announcement, it'll be them setting up discussion on when/how to start taking preorders since I imagine they'll broach that topic in the reveal.

They would have to let all the retailers know of they see going to start pre-orders after the announcement right?

All these things usually happen before any reveals so you can pre-order very soon after an event is over.

I mean this might not even be true but of they are inviting retailers it seems like it would be a waste if they are going to have to do a reveal to them in a month anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom