• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real though, they'll probably be primarily talking to retailers about how much NX stock they're preparing for Europe, along with "we're showing off the thing in October, we'll talk again then".

That plus "hey, make room for Sun/Moon bundles".

DooMAGE

For real though, they'll probably be primarily talking to retailers about how much NX stock they're preparing for Europe, along with "we're showing off the thing in October, we'll talk again then".

That plus "hey, make room for Sun/Moon bundles".

You can send an e-mail for that :p

Phazon

Ahh, yes, memories of the Sept. Wii U event. That was a fun day in New York playing all the demos and sitting the audience. Was sad Bayonetta 2 wasn't playable, but still a fun day regardless.

They did in EU a few days later. It was really nice how many games they had playable there. (Rayman music level was great :D)

The overall impression of my colleagues was positive on the game front, but I already heard many journalists worrying about the console, GamePad, marketing, confusing etc. (of course a lot of damage was already done with the two E3s before, but still)

It's possible someone already mentioned this, but is it possible Nintendo does a Direct right before the conference to officially announce it, then has the conference held after (but created before) to show it off to retailers? Directs tend to be announced only 3-4 days in advance. Hell, they could have the Direct at the same time as the conference.

jmizzal

Cross-posting this:

Right, between this and/or the Nintendo rep conference, it seems significantly more likely leaks would occur, which means to me that this isn't about NX details unless the public is also getting them.

I'm sure Nintendo wants to get retailers prepped for the reveal, the thing might go on preorder right after the reveal.

They prob will talk to them about the NX, and how many 1st party games to expect to make shelf space for and to get their websites and in store ready for preording. They might also talk price and stuff.

I dont think they will show them exclusive video of the NX or anything, its most likely prep for things to come soon.

Calm Mind

Days could mean "not this week," right?

And retailers could mean high level people at retailers who would adhere to NDAs?

Wednesday or Friday according to Emily Rogers
qqaa70q.png

rtrbad

Banned
It's possible someone already mentioned this, but is it possible Nintendo does a Direct right before the conference to officially announce it, then has the conference held after (but created before) to show it off to retailers? Directs tend to be announced only 3-4 days in advance. Hell, they could have the Direct at the same time as the conference.

If that were the case, they would probably show the direct at whatever this thing is, then let people mess around with the system.

Compsiox

Banned

I'm pretty sure they would want more people than usual watching. It'd probably be like a week in advance for the NX.

I would imagine that the public announcement would come after the retailer thing.

psyfi

Banned
Announced to retailers in two days.

Embargoed for three weeks.

It's the Nintendo way.

I hope not
Nintendo's way too cautious of leaks to let retailers sit on that info for three weeks.

Whatever does happen at NoE HQ this week, why the heck would anyone of us know about it? This info is still private.
Right. I'm expecting an announcement early next week and reveal later in the week.

Eliseo

I hope Nintendo does not reveal the NX till next year because I'm going to miss all the NX threads and meltdowns.

Schnozberry

Nintendo's way too cautious of leaks to let retailers sit on that info for three weeks.

Right. I'm expecting an announcement early next week and reveal later in the week.

Yeah, next week or the week after would make the most sense. They might have to schedule events for North American and Japanese retail before the big blowout.

It's probably an event organized for retailers to sign new NDAs about the NDAs of the NDAs of the NDAs of the annoncment of the NDAs of the date of the direct that will reveal the date of the direct that will reveal the NX .

We are not only unveiling the NX, we are now ready to announce that the NX will be launching worldwide on
the new Apple iPhone™ 7+ as a free app!

I don't think this is for NX, but if it was, it means an announcement can't be more than two weeks away. No matter who signs what NDA, Nintendo has to know that anything they tell anyone about NX is going to get out. It's the whole reason they've been so cagey about this thing for so long.

fritolay

Due to all the impressive antecipation, this may be the most pre-ordered Nintendo console ever.

Agree?

Absolutely not. Go out in the street and ask kids, anyone, if Nintendo is working on a new console. If they say yes, ask what it is called. I doubt you will have many answers.

But if you put pokemon on it some way, it will sell millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom