• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Return of the Jedi Cinematography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

The Ewok hate is totally unjustified. They work well within the SW universe.

Ewoks also makes more sense from an Imperial perspective

"Sir, should we put the shield generator for the Death Star on this planet full of dangerous 8 foot tall monsters that can rip our arms out? Or this planet where the indigenous life are 4 foot tall teddy bears?"

Surfinn

Ewoks also makes more sense from an Imperial perspective

"Sir, should we put the shield generator for the Death Star on this planet full of dangerous 8 foot tall monsters that can rip our arms out? Or this planet where the indigenous life are 4 foot tall teddy bears?"

They fit in with the framework of Yoda's teaching too, which I love:

"Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?"

The Force is a metaphor for for one's inner power, abilities and potential. The empire underestimated the Ewoks/dismissed them as teddy bears and payed the price.

Makes sense they'd be able to defend themselves against Imperials, even if they're overpowered and need help from allies (the rebels).

Jawas are small and cute but you don't ever see anyone criticism them..

They fit in with the framework of Yoda's teaching too, which I love:

"Size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?"

The Force is a metaphor for for one's inner power, abilities and potential. The empire underestimated the Ewoks/dismissed them as teddy bears and payed the price.

Makes sense they'd be able to defend themselves against Imperials, even if they're overpowered and need help from allies (the rebels).

Jawas are small and cute but you don't ever see anyone criticism them..

But the Ewoks don't use the Force?

And the Jawas are scavengers, they aren't threatening or very dangerous at all (Anakin's mom was killed by Tuskens not Jawas).

Surfinn

But the Ewoks don't use the Force?

And the Jawas are scavengers, they aren't threatening or very dangerous at all (Anakin's mom was killed by Tuskens not Jawas).

As I said in my post.. The Force has always stood as a metaphor for one's great inner power. That scene wasn't just intended to be taken literally. Yes, Yoda had the force but the entire lesson was not to judge someone based on appearance.

In universe or not. The quote can apply to Force users and non-Force users.

The Yoda/X-Wing scene isn't magical because we can literally (the audience) use The Force but because The Force, as a metaphor, is incredibly relatable to our own lives (misjudging/underestimating people, inner power/believe in one's self).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom