• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal Hands-On Preview

SLB1904

Banned
I love the marketing hype these days behind "RT + 60FPS". Everyone will assume it uses ALL of RT features available. I can almost guarantee that the RT isn't going to be something to the calibur of Cyberpunk/Metro. And 4k will be upscaled from a lower resolution and not native.
dont read too much into it.
none of that makes sense.
the sentence really makes no sense.

drotahorror

Tweet got removed, but supposedly the first 45min of gameplay comin tomorrow.

iLIbZhx.jpg

I love the marketing hype these days behind "RT + 60FPS". Everyone will assume it uses ALL of RT features available. I can almost guarantee that the RT isn't going to be something to the calibur of Cyberpunk/Metro. And 4k will be upscaled from a lower resolution and not native.
Yup. People gonna see/hear what they want, their brains going into an immediate whirlwind of optimistic assumption at the slightest provocation. "B-but... they said they were using UE5... why the textures look so bad? Where the fancy GI at? Ouch, I could cut myself on those jaggies..." 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Pretty much that, and no one should be upset as it's still very good.

Dabaus

Banned
Is it me or does it seem like sony has kept this game really close to the chest? Like too close? I want to be excited for it but i dont feel like theyve shown enough or hyped it up enough because theyre not confident in it.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hate that rat faced bastard. Sorry.

Yeah I know that some drama happened in Sporting, and fully respect your opinion although not so deep into what happened. So far he has been perfect with United.

Anyway:

xBFA3RH.jpg

Is it me or does it seem like sony has kept this game really close to the chest? Like too close? I want to be excited for it but i dont feel like theyve shown enough or hyped it up enough because theyre not confident in it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

skit_data

Yeah, maybe a little too close. Still, they have dedicated time during several State of Plays to it. Being a pretty hardcore sci-fi horror game they may rely on word of mouth among people who like similar games, and it seems Housemarque has loyal fans.

Sometimes it may not only not benefit the game being heavily advertised, it may actually work in the games favour to be regarded as somewhat more of a ”underground” and hardcore game not aimed to the mainstream.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I feel like we've seen more coverage on it than sackboy and destruction all stars. Maybe not as much advertising as spiderman MM, but similar first party coverage. That is not based on any scientific evidence though.

Keihart

The way the camera and animations blend together for the main character it's something i would expect in those really cheap greenlit steam games made with stock assets in UE4, there is some serious lack of flair to the combat in this for me. I was expecting to be a believer after more footage but it looks as jank as i expected when it was announced.
I'm a fan of rougue likes like Risk of Rain and Hades and love Platinum's Vanquish and Housemarque's Stardust and Resogun, but the aesthetics ain't it here for me, if you are doing third person fast action shooter this close to the camera with that much fidelity, i kinda expect some cool ass animations and models which this seems to be lacking in strides.

I hope the game does good anyway, i like the studio's output and want to se more in the future regardless.

Top Bottom