• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal should be PlayStations Metroid equivalent

Bo_Hazem

Banned
We can already see the media make countless comparisons and mentions in both previews and reviews, such as;

Metroid-souls, a higher difficulty and more mature story built around a Metroid-like / Roguelike game.

With the excellent critical reception, would you like to see PlayStation make a longrunning series out of Returnal? Where would you like to see the game going in a sequel?

The story of Returnal isn't done yet, so a second sequel is possible. But after that they need another title and game.

I've enjoyed the game a lot, and the story overall worked well with the whole setup, even though the ending isn't cemented/clear yet.

Personally I like games with endings, but that's probably just me.

Last edited:

kungfuian

As much as I'm enjoying the game, still can't help but wonder if Housemarque would ever add a linear non-randomized mode to the game. For me personally the rogue elements take away from the experience more than add to it but that's really a matter of taste.

When comparisons to Metroid come up can't help but think how much I would prefer to play the same content without the randomness; in a more Metroidvania type layout.

Last edited:
Top Bottom