• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuben Langdon "praying" that the next Itsuno project is DMC5

Sephzilla

I don't think Langdon is a dick who would troll people like this. And if DMC5 was in development he'd almost certainly know by now.

BjkwMtm.gif

Sesha

I don't think Langdon is a dick who would troll people like this. And if DMC5 was in development he'd almost certainly know by now.

I think he is and he would. I love Reuben, but he and Dan have been trolling heavily the past couple of years.

Oh no, noooo :(

I can understand them though looking at how Capcom has been screwing up their fighters lately.

The reason was, I think, bad blood after the previous deal they made. SNK didn't come favorably out of that arrangement.

Maybe they could be more open to the idea now with Neo_G being a big shot developer at SNK.

If DmC2 was still in the cards they would have done so by now. Any internally made DMC would most likely not be DmC2 either.

Until they announce otherwise, it's still in the cards.

It is ridiculous to think that there is going to be a DmC2

I agree to disagree.

I mean, he's clearly under NDA. He couldn't say either way. Why people continue to ask is beyond me.

The Director, Tameen, flat out rejected the notion that they were working on DmC 2 over a year ago.

He could be under NDA.

DmC2 is officially ruled out folks. It's either internal or nothing.

Except there's no actual reason to think that, regardless of how you feel about the first game.

dlauv

Langdon reposts Ancient Aliens & new age shit all the time on FB. I don't think he's the type to troll.

decisions

Hmmm...This toys with my heart.

If he is telling the truth the next project either isn't DMC or they have replaced Dante again...*shudders*

On the other hand this sounds like a way of saying "I'm under NDA but yeah I hope it's DMC5 *nudge *wink"

PSX, free my soul from this decade of pain.

Jawmuncher

Is it? I thought it was SNK that was so dissatisfied with how the whole thing went down.

It isn't.

I swear there was a recent thread about this that was SNK was open to the idea but just certain things with capcom would need to change.
So I guess maybe it is a little bit of both? They want to do Capcom vs SNK 3 but don't wanna get screwed on the deal.

Even if Itsuno's next game were DMC5 he's not going to confirm that over Twitter anyway. This could be a ruse or it could be entirely truthful.

Waggles

I mean, a sped up version of the gameplay from DmC with the og aesthetic would be neat. I sure as hell wouldn't want another dmc4, though.

decisions

I mean, a sped up version of the gameplay from DmC with the og aesthetic would be neat. I sure as hell wouldn't want another dmc4, though.

What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would like gameplay that is way less reliable and with about a 10th of the room for advancement?

DMC4 has some of the most sublime gameplay ever conceived in a video game.

What DMC5 needs to do is teach people how to play it at a high level.

What the hell is this supposed to mean? You would like gameplay that is way less reliable and with about a 10th of the room for advancement?

DMC4 has some of the most sublime gameplay ever conceived in a video game.

What DMC5 needs to do is teach people how to play it at a high level.

As a casual action game fan the only thing I took away from 4 was that it had less fun weapons and worse story then 3. Bayonetta 1 and 2 had a lot more appeal to me then DMC4.

Honestly, I had more fun with DmC then I did with 4.

AAK

Itsuno pioneered DMC as much as Kamiya. DMC is his now, and he wants to work on it as much as anything else he's been in charge of, if not more.

You know, you have a point with the introduction of making Vergil, Nero, Lady, and Trish playable characters.

I agree to disagree.

He could be under NDA.

Except there's no actual reason to think that, regardless of how you feel about the first game.

It's in one of the Hellblade dev diaries where he's asked about a sequel and after the person next to him tries to give a corporate response he just straight up says "No, we aren't". Not "I can't discuss it", not "maybe in the future", not even a non-answer dismissing the question. And Tameen has been working on Hellblade since at least August 2014. So it's not being directed by Tameen. We also haven't heard anything about the Reboot based movie in years.

Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Well, it hasn't gotten a sequel in almost 5 years, all other things associated with the brand change have gone silent for just about as long, and key personnel have moved on to other projects... so probably not.

Itsuno's unannounced project is literally the last hope we have for the franchise. If Itsuno isn't working on it, and Tameen isn't working on it, and Kobayashi and everyone at Capcom keeps saying "there's no plans"... the franchise is pretty much dead.

decisions

As a casual action game fan the only thing I took away from 4 was that it had less fun weapons and worse story then 3. Bayonetta 1 and 2 had a lot more appeal to me then DMC4.

I agree the game could've had more weapons.

But, I never think about it because it is probably the deepest character action game ever released despite its low number of weapons for Dante.

The only reason why you had more fun, in my honest opinion, is because DMC4 doesn't teach people how to do any of the advanced mechanics.

If you could experience 4 at its peak and DmC at its peak I think the difference would be clear.

This is why DMC5 needs a training mode and explained advanced mechanics Not everyone has the top (donguri) level, but, I think a lot of people would have a lot more fun if the game facilitated this.

BjkwMtm.gif
I think he wants to say stuff but obviously he can't. He knew that Itsuno was not asked about Dante in MvCi. So he is talking to Itsuno for some reason...

I pray it's Dragon's Dogma 2. The original was a butchered mess yet it's one of my favorite games ever made. Imagine if it had a budget to build the other half of the game that was planned. We have good Devil May Cry games already.

Dahbomb

Langdon is a legit troller.

Dude is just getting the fanbase riled up as always. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last time.

Sesha

It isn't, and I've stated the reasons why numerous times.

Langdon reposts Ancient Aliens & new age shit all the time on FB. I don't think he's the type to troll.

He is about DMC.

Cacpcom doesn't have money for a DMC5.

They do. They have enough money, they're just very careful with it.

I pray it's Dragon's Dogma 2. The original was a butchered mess yet it's one of my favorite games ever made. Imagine if it had a budget to build the other half of the game that was planned. We have good Devil May Cry games already.

We have good Dragon's Dogma too.

It's been almost ten years since DMC4. It deserves another go.

DMC4 had a lot of specific reasons for why it was the way it was. It's been ten years since then. Itsuno and team have learned from 4, and have worked on Dragon's Dogma, DmC and DMC4SE since then. I don't get why people are still afraid that a DMC5 would be a repeat of 4.

Key phrase being "on average". On average per title it's their second best selling series. Check their franchise sales overview.

It isn't really a valid metric to Capcom when they are also doing

In addition to Resident Evil 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 selling better than the best selling DMC.

But thats a bit off topic, you are correct that DMC didn't do poorly.
DMC4 is another case of Capcom setting ridiculous goals(which they also did for RE6 and again with 7.)
DmC was just a dumb kneejerk reaction(something RE7 almost repeated)

MBS

Banned
Key phrase being "on average". On average per title it's their second best selling series. Check their franchise sales overview.
And without a handheld title so far. If you count those out, it’s their No.1 franchise overall on home consoles.

It isn't, and I've stated the reasons why numerous times.

So far, there's been no facts, only speculation. Feel free to feel like you know what's what, but to say it's impossible is simply untrue. Unlikely, yes, just like the chance of a DMC5 being announced any time soon, but not impossible. Also, the definitive edition was very well received, so a sequel would only be a surprise to those in denial.

And in any case, I just want a new DMC game too, except I'd rather it be DmC2 instead of DMC5. And the fact is no one can tell for now which of those we're getting eventually.

Top Bottom