• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters: In call with Putin, Trump denounced Obama-era nuclear arms treaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

"vladdy, throw me a bone I need something that won't make me look like a puppet"

Umm..?

This was Putin throwing Trump easy victory that could have been easily spun as result of him strengthening relations with Russia. What Muppet did? He refused to pick up that bone.

jelly

I wonder if Trump is like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Valiant "Take a drink"
Roger "No thanks"
Valiant "You want a drink"
Roger "I don't"
Valiant "You do"
Roger "I don't "
Valiant "You do"
Roger "I don't"
Valiant "........You don't"
Roger "I do"
Valiant "You don't"
Roger "I do!"

Biske

It's really fucked up when between the two Putin is more reasonable and seemingly has more of the worlds interest in mind.

Lautaro

Someone should say to him "Obama would have never resigned" or "Obama was too pussy to jump from the roof of the WH".

I don't know, this is a fucking nightmare.

Nodnol

Surely this was preceded by a call from Trump's personal phone whereby Putin could brief him on what to say on the official call?

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

jelly

Surely this was preceded by a call from Trump's personal phone whereby Putin could brief him on what to say on the official call?

Nothing would surprise me anymore.

I don't how how this administration would get around snooping by agencies even though they control them, they must snoop regardless and would find out any colloboration unless the these private services really are private.

Iksenpets

Banned
He didn't even know what it is, other than it was an Obama deal, so it must be bad. Same as his raid on Yemen that had to be a good idea because Obama said no.

But hey, Hawkish Hillary was gonna get us into WW3, right?

Why does Trump keeps going with his personal vendetta against Obama? You are the president now, let it go. That and the fact the every single call of his with world leaders comes to the topic of his popularity is pathetic.

I mean, even Putin wants to keep and extend the treaty. Is he so conceited that he would risk the world's safety for his petty revenge and keep ignorant of its implications?

DarkKyo

I guess if you're a crazy, elderly man you don't really care about how dangerous you're making it for everyone to be alive for the next few generations. Amazing choice this stupid fucking country made.

What will all these new nuclear warheads do? Doesn't the world already have enough to destroy itself? Why waste all the ego on it? Does Trump believe you get to keep them once you're not President anymore?

Just because it was an Obama deal? That's it, isn't it?

Glix

I wonder if Trump is like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

maxresdefault.jpg

Valiant "Take a drink"
Roger "No thanks"
Valiant "You want a drink"
Roger "I don't"
Valiant "You do"
Roger "I don't "
Valiant "You do"
Roger "I don't"
Valiant "........You don't"
Roger "I do"
Valiant "You don't"
Roger "I do!"

"Your barber only charges two bits? SAD!

Also, Eddie, I'm gonna have to deport a few of your bullets. SAD!"

Edit - 2 random things

1. I FUCKING love Eddies bullets. LOVE THEM.

2. I want VR where I can drive through that tunnel and come out in Toonland. It doesn't even have to be a game, just let me drive through that fucking tunnel.

G0523

When Putin raised the possibility of extending the 2010 treaty, known as New START, Trump paused to ask his aides in an aside what the treaty was, these sources said.

They should call it "A New Start" or "A Nu Start" and have it appeal to young people so that they can hashtag it. #anustart

Trump would love that.

Nerazar

What is this life... why I am less concerned when Trump really trolls *everybody* and not just everybody aside from Putin? For me, that's an improvement. Maybe he's just totally crazy and we're bound to face WW3 king of the hill style, everyone by themselves, and the last country standing wins.

I bet that Jamaica would win.

Guy.brush

Wait...Did Trump challenge Putin?

Putin is a master manipulator, Trump is nothing against him.

Ugh.

What a joke

We should be careful with this kind of leaked information.
Could very well come from the Trump/Putin camp to make him look tough and not like a puppet and then all of a sudden: E voila! I managed to get a good deal with the nukes by reducing Russian sanctions so they can help us fight ISIS (while also giving them freedom to do what they want with Ukraine). Which I think is still the original plan.And from then on that 500 billion dollar oil deal via Tillerson.

Shadybiz

I KNEW he didn't know about New Start. Got the idea when he suggested that Russia reduce nuclear arms in exchange for lifting sanctions a couple of weeks ago...as if he didn't know they were already reducing. God we're dealing with a president who does not know anything about our actual government. Christ this is frightening.

Ogodei

Putin's going to learn what everyone who's put their faith and trust in Donald Trump has learned.

You want to deal with Trump, you get your end of the bargain paid for up front in a manner that is irrevocable. Then you start giving him what he's owed.

Soooo, the man with direct access to the world's largest nuclear arsenal doesn't know what the "START" agreement is all about. Probably doesn't know a thing about SALT, either.

Ok.

Balphon

It was fairly obvious he didn't know New START existed when he was talking about nuclear proliferation a few weeks ago.

Kyrios

Putin had to have been laughing his ass off after they hung up. Hell, probably had to hold it in during the call.

Brashnir

Soooo, the man with direct access to the world's largest nuclear arsenal doesn't know what the "START" agreement is all about. Probably doesn't know a thing about SALT, either.

Ok.

Oh he knows all about SALT. He is the SALTiest. He has the best SALT - Tremendous!

kmax

When Putin raised the possibility of extending the 2010 treaty, known as New START, Trump paused to ask his puppetmaster Steve Bannon what the treaty was, and if the treaty was a good or bad, these sources said.

Fixed it for you op.

All the world leaders are going to be lining up to try and manipulate Trump to get what they want once they've found out how the President literally knows nothing about anything he's supposed to be in charge of.

What is this from?

g20 summit.

Wikipedia said:
The G20 is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies. It was founded in 1999 with the aim of studying, reviewing, and promoting high-level discussion of policy issues pertaining to the promotion of international financial stability. It seeks to address issues that go beyond the responsibilities of any one organization. The G20 heads of government or heads of state have periodically conferred at summits since their initial meeting in 2008, and the group also hosts separate meetings of finance ministers and central bank governors.

Xe4

Banned
Are there really? Expediency of decision is the whole reason the football briefcase exists. It's not like Congress would have enough time to legislate over Trump launching nukes in an incoming missile scenario.
It still follows the two person rule. The Secretary of Defense has to enter the launch codes as well. Thankfully Mattis is a hell of a lot saner than Trump. Theoretically he could fire Martin and everyone down the line of succession until he got a yes man, but I think that would be highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom