• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revolution Pricing Re-Emerges: "Less Than $299".

cabel

(I did a search.. and I find it hard to believe this hasn't been posted, so please lock if so, etc.)

Iwata, in an interview a couple days ago with Yahoo Japan, has hinted that the Revolution will come in at less than $299. Or, less than the Xbox 360 low-end, anyway. And while I'm sure we're all absolutely shocked at this news -- also breaking: jocks love sports! -- it's certainly interesting to see something resembling a number. Hey, you take what you can get.

Original article, translated amusingly.

jarrod

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I think $249.99 is reasonable.
I think that's what we'll see. Just like the bump in DS pricing over the GB line, a $50 increase seems reasonable for the expanded featureset.

Nintendo might be forced into a $199.99 pricepoint though withj their low end chipset.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
SomeDude said:
Not gonna pay over 150 for a GameCube 1.5
But the higher the price the higher the profits will be for Nintendo. Its a win-win situation for the fans.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If Nintendo charges 249, they have NERVE. It better come with a game and it better have some free downloads.

What, does the console cost them 24.90 to make? Mark it up 500000%!!!

monkeyrun

Y2Kevbug11 said:
If Nintendo charges 249, they have NERVE. It better come with a game and it better have some free downloads.

What, does the console cost them 24.90 to make? Mark it up 500000%!!!
yes because we all know that the 512MB flash mem only cost 90 cents, the revmote only cost 10 dollar and the rest of the case and stuff only cost like 14 dollars.

littlewig

Banned
You guys haven't even seen the games or the final specs, yet saying $200 is too much?

It's amazing how you guys let MS get away with a $400 console, geez.

Tech Nine

Banned
littlewig said:
You guys haven't even seen the games or the final specs, yet saying $200 is too much?

It's amazing how you guys let MS get away with a $400 console, geez.
300,genius. 400 is the premium ;)

oh and 104mb of ram :lol

littlewig

Banned
Tech Nine said:

Looks like IGN's negative viral campaign is working. Report heresay and unsubstantial quotes and let the gaming community run wild.

Gahiggidy said:
But the higher the price the higher the profits will be for Nintendo. Its a win-win situation for the fans.

Indeed.

But at least this fuels some fanboy flaming and Revolution discussion on the internet :)

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
CVXFREAK said:
Didn't Iwata state it against the Japanese price, 39,790 (or around there) Yen?

40,000.00 JPY
Japan Yen

=

339.057 USD
United States Dollars

So he was probably saying it was going to be much under this (he was probably referencing the 360 tard pack price), which we all already knew.

This reminds me of a similiar time before the launch of another Nintendo system. :) It's going to be funny looking back at this thread at the end of next year, whichever way the wind blows...

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Gahiggidy said:

How is paying a higher price than what we expect a win for fans?

Nintendo is probably going to make a profit regardless of what price they set it at.

littlewig

Banned
I remember people were speculating that the DS would be $200 because of all it's components.

Now everyone is saying it's overpriced with its $130 pricetag. -_-

Ranger X

With a console with a different approach like the Rev, it needs to have a low price point.
They shouldn't go over 200 really. Keep in mind the machine does not cost them as much as any other next-gen console too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Tech Nine said:

Just an FYI, 104mb of 1T-SRAM-Q gives you the performance of probably about the equivalent of 400MB of RAM included in the PS3 or the 360.

Edit: well, 400MB might be a little high. but it's definitely at LEAST 256MB, which would be definitely sufficient if the Rev doesn't use HD.

Culex

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Just an FYI, 104mb of 1T-SRAM-Q gives you the performance of probably about the equivalent of 400MB of RAM included in the PS3 or the 360.

Edit: well, 400MB might be a little high. but it's definitely at LEAST 256MB, which would be definitely sufficient if the Rev doesn't use HD.

Perhaps transfer speeds, but performance in terms of overall memory, hell no.

monkeyrun

Culex said:
Perhaps transfer speeds, but performance in terms of overall memory, hell no.

if 1T Ram could stream content to the CPU/GPU directly in real time what's the point of having more Ram.

I think 1T SRam has already proven itself in the Gamecube.

O and btw 1T Sram is not the only type of memory in Gamecube either, so yeah there's gonna be more than 104 MB or whatever the number is.

Nintendo can go fuck themselves for $199, $249, or $299

:lol

I think Nintards would pay $1000 for Revolution if Nintendo put up the price tag.

The only condition I'd pay $199 or $249 for is if the Virtual Console was free.

D-X

DSN2K said:
£150 max or im not buying.
Considering the GC was £130 at launch and it was cutting edge why would anyone pay more for a compartiviely underpowered machine this time? That controller better be worth the extra

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
good lord. nintendo shouldn't even be thinking about the upper half of that range. they lost any right to think about it when they came up lame in the hardware race.

Top Bottom