• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revolution Pricing Re-Emerges: "Less Than $299".

sasimirobot

sit next to a tv in a room with enough space to wave about like a spastic

My vote for most played-out Drinkycroesque Nintendo troll quote of the year. How many times do I have to end up reading this bullshit?

[Nintex]

sasimirobot said:
sit next to a tv in a room with enough space to wave about like a spastic

My vote for most played-out Drinkycroesque Nintendo troll quote of the year. How many times do I have to end up reading this bullshit?
Untill Nintendo goes bankrupt. And that will not happen soon.

I imagine that most of you wouldn't buy one anyway (the DS was $99 at Target, did you get one? probably not.) so why bother posting that you won't? It's like me saying I'll never have sex with a hooker if it's more than $50. I'll never do it anyway, so why bother putting a price on it?

Taker666

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Ooooh wow, triple the ram! And why do people keep citing 512 MB of memory like it's some impressive feat. I had 512 mb of memory in my digicam like four years ago.

Probably because it's included and you don't have to pay extra for a memory card for a change.

If the Revolution launches at $199 than it's launching for $30 less than the GC did (when you take the memory card into account).

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
bune duggy said:
I imagine that most of you wouldn't buy one anyway (the DS was $99 at Target, did you get one? probably not.) so why bother posting that you won't? It's like me saying I'll never have sex with a hooker if it's more than $50. I'll never do it anyway, so why bother putting a price on it?

They seem to be under the impression that by telling us they are not purchasing the system it will somehow make us see the light and jerk off over PS3/360.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland

Striek said:
Translation: Unless it has the best series of the generation on it, I'm not biting.

Conclusion: Sane.

So you only buy consoles after the generation is over? This thread is no place for such a human.

Johnny

The Gamecube does have a few games I'd like to check out and I'll probably bite when Zelda comes out, but the PS2 has so many great games that I really haven't felt any great urge to up to this point. And that's the scenario that plays out for most people, if one system keeps them busy you have to give them plenty of good reasons to spend money on more hardware instead of software for your current system, price is just one good reason.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Gamecube had what? 24MB ram?

~43 MB (24 MB main RAM, 16 MB A-RAM + 3 MB eDRAM + various caches).<<<

The A-RAM was ridiculously slow and basically served the same purpose as the flash memory in Revolution. And I've never heard anyone (else) refer to 360 as having 522MB + caches. So, 24MB it is.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Striek said:
Translation: Unless it has the best series of the generation on it, I'm not biting.

Conclusion: Sane.

Best selling = Best quality?

I see. ;)

Top Bottom