• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Here's why Penguin is top of my scum list, for now:
His day 2 end vote on Zeemunu
And since I'm on the ropes and self-preservation and killing scum is on my to-do list!

UNVOTE

Vote: zeemumu
For one thing "on the ropes" here refers to all of 2 votes after some questionable attacks on bronx/ouro for pre-game play.
The "killing scum" part also reads a little odd when you consider this from earlier in the day:
no real guess on Zee or Swamped (only point that out because current top 2 vote getters)

Reminder that the final vote tally was:
Day 2 final vote tally: Zeemumu said:
Ourobolus
CCS
Kawl_USC
Kalor
Penguin
Ourobolus
Bronx-Man
and that the two names are bold are the only ones we don't have town confirmation on. While it's possible that there aren't any scum on this list it isn't too likely. Remember that there was very little vote switching on day 2 so at the time this vote was made the momentum of the Kalor vote was unexpected and a scum voter wouldn't want to do a late switch unless necessary.
For reference the Kawl vote on Zee day 2 is here:
Vote: zeemumu

Logic is the weird post I quoted in 707. Still can't get over him seeing kalor as one of the highest contributors in town. Unless is thinking about his posting and scheming behind the scenes in scum chat. Idk.

Hope to posts a good deal more with my half day but work has been busy this morning...
And seems more well reasoned and justified than Penguins vote (at least in my humble opinion)
This post from near the end of yesterday doesn't sit right with me either:
Sorry for being MIA for most of the "day" but NYCC is mostly done and mostly rested.

And trying to catch up on the thread, there just seems to be a ton of finger-pointing in every direction.

And guess big story on this page is Salva's role claim that no one can actually support, correct?
Reducing the days events as mostly insignificant, and focusing on the Salva claim while ignoring Sorians post. It seems as of today he intends to downplay the credibility of Sorian by leveraging acorhs' thoughts, perhaps because the Sorian claim is very effective in giving scum little room to hide.

Also I think we should be getting some votes out early and try to discuss them more, less chance of scum successfully leading a wagon astray in the last hour this way

VOTE: Penguin

Faddy

Banned
Low effort against Penguin, doesn't include anything past day 2 bar a post he was at Comicon which is nothing

There is plenty more data out there but clearly no other evidence against Penguin so Wizard is going for early game play.

And I find bringing up Kawl's post shading Zeemumu is weird as well. Simply a Townie making a slight mistake and Kawl (who is scum) knowing both alignments tried to play it off as more than it was. Kalor actually left a bigger impression on me in Day 1 than his vote count would dictate. His absence on Day 2 was the thing that got him killed.

Low effort against Penguin, doesn't include anything past day 2 bar a post he was at Comicon which is nothing

There is plenty more data out there but clearly no other evidence against Penguin so Wizard is going for early game play.

And I find bringing up Kawl's post shading Zeemumu is weird as well. Simply a Townie making a slight mistake and Kawl (who is scum) knowing both alignments tried to play it off as more than it was. Kalor actually left a bigger impression on me in Day 1 than his vote count would dictate. His absence on Day 2 was the thing that got him killed.
You're free to think the argument is bullshit but it's a little unfair to say I've focused entirely on early game, reducing that vote list to two suspects in the first place is based on intuitions formed from subsequent events. I wouldn't say clearly no other evidence but from skimming Penguins posts quite a lot are non-commital so it's a little harder to draw firm conclusions from them.
As for the Kawl stuff, I wanted to look at both votes and explain which one read more scummy to me. I don't mind Kawl as a lynch target today even with a weak town read on him as I believe at least one of him/penguin will be scum and the fact that we were swerved away from kawl yesterday could be something.

Faddy

Banned
You're free to think the argument is bullshit but it's a little unfair to say I've focused entirely on early game, reducing that vote list to two suspects in the first place is based on intuitions formed from subsequent events. I wouldn't say clearly no other evidence but from skimming Penguins posts quite a lot are non-commital so it's a little harder to draw firm conclusions from them.
As for the Kawl stuff, I wanted to look at both votes and explain which one read more scummy to me. I don't mind Kawl as a lynch target today even with a weak town read on him as I believe at least one of him/penguin will be scum and the fact that we were swerved away from kawl yesterday could be something.

There have been plenty of mislynches. Why take that particular lynch?

Because you are hedging. Kawl is scum and there is the mood to lynch him so you want to throw a bit of shade while targeting a town player. So if he gets flipped your next move is to tell us how Kawl and Penguin are scum together.

Kawl_USC

So this statement is essentially pointless at this stage of the game. If sorian is to be believed (which honestly I think at this point we just have to accept and if it's a scum gambit gg but we were getting fucked by scum before it so meh) there are 9 unknowns (throwing in Salva with that group as his claim still seems bs to me, but eh I'm biased). If you are in that group, you know that you are town. At that point it's either 4/8 as scum or 5/8 as scum. Saying well one of this pair is likely scum is just stating what random picking would tell us. You should be able to form pretty strong opinions on st least two of that group based on their actual postings. We've been chasing the well the vote swang at day end that's interesting! For long enough.

What is your case against Salva? And how can anyone be sure you didn't self target?

You actually need to explain things rather than just putting two random things together

I'm a parasite

I have literally no other powers but vote

but guess what ability is locked today???

I'll give you three guess and first two don't count lmao

There have been plenty of mislynches. Why take that particular lynch?

Because you are hedging. Kawl is scum and there is the mood to lynch him so you want to throw a bit of shade while targeting a town player. So if he gets flipped your next move is to tell us how Kawl and Penguin are scum together.
I did look at other lynches but wasn't able to see much in them, could be missing something so I'll re-review when I have time. I found this one interesting because of the number of confirmed town on it, only 2 unknowns in a list of 6 seemed like good odds and a strong starting point.
Your prediction on the second point is wrong, if kawl flipped scum I would ease off on Penguin as I don't see them as aligned. On the other hand if he's town I'd be more confident in my penguin read so I think either way it could prove helpful.
So this statement is essentially pointless at this stage of the game.
You're right in one sense, but see what I meant above about how the results of your flip could inform the progression of the game. Compare that to an arbitrary pairing of the unknowns, chances are one of them is scum but if we get it wrong and lynch the town option it might not give us enough actionable info to lunch correctly tomorrow. I think we should be looking for connections that can setup a strong one-two lynch.

Faddy

Banned
I did look at other lynches but wasn't able to see much in them, could be missing something so I'll re-review when I have time. I found this one interesting because of the number of confirmed town on it, only 2 unknowns in a list of 6 seemed like good odds and a strong starting point.
Your prediction on the second point is wrong, if kawl flipped scum I would ease off on Penguin as I don't see them as aligned. On the other hand if he's town I'd be more confident in my penguin read so I think either way it could prove helpful.

You're right in one sense, but see what I meant above about how the results of your flip could inform the progression of the game. Compare that to an arbitrary pairing of the unknowns, chances are one of them is scum but if we get it wrong and lynch the town option it might not give us enough actionable info to lunch correctly tomorrow. I think we should be looking for connections that can setup a strong one-two lynch.

Why you haven't established any link between Kawl and Penguin other than they were on the same lynch. IDK how one being scum exonerates the other. As far as I'm concerned they are separate reads.

Kawl_USC

I think honing in on a group of votes where all 3 people involved are town is not the strongest starting point. Walk me all the way through your logic and why you feel there has to have been a scum voter on zeemumu that day? Where are all the votes or no votes spread?

Kawl_USC

Annoying
Faddy
Salva
Zeusy
Penguin
Nomadic Sparks
The Wizard
Verelios
Dr Worm
Not annoying

Here's what I've got right now. Unfortunately, determining who's scummy versus just woolheaded and bullish requires more time and effort and rereading of the thread. It'd be hypocritical of me to throw out some bullshit gut reads that is just me tunneling before putting in that effort.

Penguin

Well The Wizard is on the top of my scum-read list like I said because someone specifically pointed out by acohrs and still don't like his reasoning for voting for him.

I feel like Sorian is a neutral party.

Dr. Worm fascinates me though like I see them partaking, but they don't really go big in either direction. My guess would be slight scum, but not a real priority for me.

I am really curious about Fat just because he's been on the hot seat, but has survived most of the game. But don't know if it's just because an easy target for folks to always deflect to.

I honestly don't know where the Kawl stuff comes from, I read him as town.

I think Nomadic Sparks is slight scum.

But eh not gonna beat around the bush

Vote: The Wizard

Kawl_USC

Well The Wizard is on the top of my scum-read list like I said because someone specifically pointed out by acohrs and still don't like his reasoning for voting for him.

I feel like Sorian is a neutral party.

Dr. Worm fascinates me though like I see them partaking, but they don't really go big in either direction. My guess would be slight scum, but not a real priority for me.

I am really curious about Fat just because he's been on the hot seat, but has survived most of the game. But don't know if it's just because an easy target for folks to always deflect to.

I honestly don't know where the Kawl stuff comes from, I read him as town.

I think Nomadic Sparks is slight scum.

But eh not gonna beat around the bush

Vote: The Wizard

So you believe sorian is lying and we have no investigative role for town?

And that sorian is a 3rd party who generally have a survivor condition tied to their win con, but decided to make a claim that was easily counter claimable where in he would be lynched if not yesterday then today?

Am I following what you are saying there correctly?

Faddy

Banned
Annoying
Faddy
Salva
Zeusy
Penguin
Nomadic Sparks
The Wizard
Verelios
Dr Worm
Not annoying

Here's what I've got right now. Unfortunately, determining who's scummy versus just woolheaded and bullish requires more time and effort and rereading of the thread. It'd be hypocritical of me to throw out some bullshit gut reads that is just me tunneling before putting in that effort.

So you are putting in a low effort but came out swinging today against low effort town.

Or you just don't want to tie yourself down with actual reads for some reason

Kawl_USC

So you are putting in a low effort but came out swinging today against low effort town.

Or you just don't want to tie yourself down with actual reads for some reason
There's a difference between putting in low effort and not having the time to go trawl through the previous days and build a substantial case. I lack the time since yesterday afternoon to play proactively, I mainly have time to keep up with the thread and play reactively which can be done five minutes here or five minutes there (versus the full hour or two needed to go back do an ISO etc). If I'm unable to find that time due to other commitments this phase I promise you'll have a reads list before the day is over.
Right now my main scum read is verelios because I think Swamped was scum for sure and he's done nothing to change that view. But it's a weak case, so it shouldn't convince any one. So me saying that is pointless.

I think honing in on a group of votes where all 3 people involved are town is not the strongest starting point. Walk me all the way through your logic and why you feel there has to have been a scum voter on zeemumu that day? Where are all the votes or no votes spread?

I tried to go back to this carefully and see if there was a flow of logic that made sense to me but really think I was just looking for something that would help justify my gut read. I wax excited when I realized how many of the voters where confirmed town and figured scum would want to attach themselves to a town train and hide in plain sight but see that even reducing the odds to 50/50 isn't really helpful at this point considering the other info we have.

Still think it was a helpful discussion to have but I'll concede that the logic here was wonky and came mostly from gut intuition which isn't good enough at this stage of the game.
UNVOTE

Faddy

Banned
I tried to go back to this carefully and see if there was a flow of logic that made sense to me but really think I was just looking for something that would help justify my gut read. I wax excited when I realized how many of the voters where confirmed town and figured scum would want to attach themselves to a town train and hide in plain sight but see that even reducing the odds to 50/50 isn't really helpful at this point considering the other info we have.

Still think it was a helpful discussion to have but I'll concede that the logic here was wonky and came mostly from gut intuition which isn't good enough at this stage of the game.
UNVOTE

All that work for nothing...

Faddy

Banned
Do you think their willingness to walk back their argument when pressed leans town or scum faddy?

I personally think it leans scum. To be so far into the game and make a push on a player with such little evidence that you roll over with minor push back has a desperation feel to me. I hope everyone on Town has much stronger reads to make.

Kawl_USC

I personally think it leans scum. To be so far into the game and make a push on a player with such little evidence that you roll over with minor push back has a desperation feel to me. I hope everyone on Town has much stronger reads to make.
From the arguments made this game so far I believe you are going to be sorely disappointed.

Penguin

And that sorian is a 3rd party who generally have a survivor condition tied to their win con, but decided to make a claim that was easily counter claimable where in he would be lynched if not yesterday then today?

I guess the only game I've played was the Arkham Mafia where everyone had a role, I just learned it's easier to not necessarily lean into role calling since it's almost impossible to prove or disprove until their death.

That said, I guess he would be town if no one has counterclaimed him or we haven't come across any evidence to prove that he is lying.

Same way I just kind of trust CCS is being honest with us.

Kawl_USC

Alright how does penguins response to being pushed back strike you faddy?

Penguin

"Oh my god you suck!"
Voting someone after/because they voted you.

Oh I see

I mean there's a bit of that

But I did mention at the start of the day that he was on the list of people that acohrs fingered before his death and his vote explanation is still shaky as hell.

With 15 minutes to go I'll go with the acorhs between the two leaders. Don't have much of a read on him but I see kawl as slight town and am worried scum may be using his absent status to push him with less opposition. Also provided sorians story checks out everyone on this train is town so far.
VOTE: acohrs

And to be a bit petty, he has been trying to pin Day 2's Zee lynch on me for 2 days now

Looking at day 2 end votes on Zee:

I think Kawl and Penguin are the most interesting options right now. Everyone else on the list save for Ouro is confirmed town. Kawl reads fairly town to me so Penguin makes the most sense right now. If we pin some amount of town fuckery for why Kalor took off so fast then it's pretty likely there's at least one scum here with no incentive to switch votes.

VOTE: Penguin

Verelios

This is a good post, generally what everyone was thinking when looking to reply so it's safe. Even still, I just can't help but feel like there's something wrong with Kawl. For example, this rankled me:
Do you think their willingness to walk back their argument when pressed leans town or scum faddy?
It's a question that doesn't lean one way or the other on the subject. I'm assuming Kawl has an opinion since he asked, but I don't know since he didn't write anything about it.
Faddy predictably replies to the question with scum, as their conversation thread with Wizard made obvious.
From the arguments made this game so far I believe you are going to be sorely disappointed.
Kawl answers the most non-inflammatory part of Faddy's response leaving me to wonder, why bother? It can't be that I'm crazy and a normal reply wouldn't have a follow up on Wizard being scum/not scum or personal thoughts instead of what's essentially fluff.

Again, this is just something that's been bothering me when reading this page. Partly because it's easy to seem involved and participating by asking questions and rubbing between two parties, and partly because it reminds me of Pokemon Mafia where scum was very much both sides.

Faddy

Banned
I have been trying to press Kawl for a while to give us his stance on the game. All his evasiveness does is make him scummier.

And if he is town and we lose he can go stick the lazy town narrative up his arse and instead realise that he is useless if all he wants to do is take in reads ad give nothing back. He has pushed nothing in this game other than some protection of Zeusy and a lynch on an absent Swamped.

Sorian

Banned
Most of a new page and the only thing of interest I felt like quoting was this:

You call it low effort and say nothing past day 2 was included. If I recall right though, Penguin hasn't really done anything past day 2. Day 4 was nothing with excuses at the end of the dya for his absence and I don't remember anything from day 3.

--------

Past that Faddy still bothers me. Nomadic did nothing to defend himself and is just going to counter with snark which is his usual game anyway judging from love boat so that doesnt help. Penguin with bad theories is the same as when he was town in batman which also doesn't help for reads.

Kawl is walking a fine line. He has some moments, like the pure talk at the begining of this day phase and that Penguin questioning on this page but in actual votes and play, I'm not getting strong town vibes at all.

Sorian

Banned
ya'll can go ahead and lynch if you like

For those hunting for scum, look for those who vote for me

And this shit is real tiring acohrs did the same at the end of the day yesterday. First, town is going to help lynch other town, except for very fringe cases, that is a constant and it's actually more likely for the majority to be town than scum so "look for those that vote for me" is just an OMGUS reaction from beyond the grave, Second, it presumes someone else can figure it out later, not my job anymore which doesn't help when everyone just lays down at the first sign of trouble and just assumes someone else will handle it.

Faddy

Banned
Most of a new page and the only thing of interest I felt like quoting was this:

You call it low effort and say nothing past day 2 was included. If I recall right though, Penguin hasn't really done anything past day 2. Day 4 was nothing with excuses at the end of the dya for his absence and I don't remember anything from day 3.

--------

Past that Faddy still bothers me. Nomadic did nothing to defend himself and is just going to counter with snark which is his usual game anyway judging from love boat so that doesnt help. Penguin with bad theories is the same as when he was town in batman which also doesn't help for reads.

Kawl is walking a fine line. He has some moments, like the pure talk at the begining of this day phase and that Penguin questioning on this page but in actual votes and play, I'm not getting strong town vibes at all.

I'm not saying Penguin has done anything but he isn't on my scum radar right now, he is playing the same as Arkham as you say. We haven't flipped any scum yet so Wizard should have a stronger read on someone who has participated more. He can't be reading the thread and only be thinking "hmmm that post is scummy" when Penguin posts every 12 hours or so.

Being unable to produce reads at this stage is a scum tell for me.

Also, as others have pointed out, it doesn't make sense why scum would vote block Nomadic of all people, if it is a scum ability. Theoretically, one would think they'd go after a confirmed town, especially Sorian. Something isn't adding up.

I also disagree with Faddy a bit on Wizard's backtrack. At this point, I feel really iffy about a number of people, and really most cases feel pretty weak, because we don't really have much to go on.

Finally, I don't think I understand why Penguin seems so obsessed with acohrs' reads. Just because acohrs thought someone was scum doesn't mean that they are.

Zeusy

Are you saying CCS, Fat, Wizard, and Faddy are your top suspects? Two of those are confirmed town.

Can you explain your reasoning for these?
Yes, those 4 always end up having votes on people being lynched. And while some of them being confirmed town maybe they were just tunneling. I do see a lot of people thinking wizard as scum...so I'm not alone there

Sorian

Banned
Also, as others have pointed out, it doesn't make sense why scum would vote block Nomadic of all people, if it is a scum ability. Theoretically, one would think they'd go after a confirmed town, especially Sorian. Something isn't adding up.

I also disagree with Faddy a bit on Wizard's backtrack. At this point, I feel really iffy about a number of people, and really most cases feel pretty weak, because we don't really have much to go on.

Finally, I don't think I understand why Penguin seems so obsessed with acohrs' reads. Just because acohrs thought someone was scum doesn't mean that they are.

The vote block is the crux of this.If Nomadic is scum, that's a very high chance that the vote block is scum and this was just a little gambit to take heat off from the slip yesterday. It is also possible the vote block is from a town or neutral, in which case, Nomadic could be any alignment and they just blocked him to stop his votes that are never well thought out but it seems to convenient to me.

Kawl_USC

Well he is town so I'm not concerned.

How do my responses to my questions strike you?
How is he town?

You responses are arbitrary and guided completely by the alignments you've already committed to believing in.

That strikes me as way scummier than either of their responses. Scum generally pick some people to push as scum and stick with it and are also confident in pushing their reads (cause obviously those are right). It becomes hard to naturally reassess new information in a vacuum because they've already hard committed to playing with people as a certain alignment, some of which they know to be wrong.

Faddy

Banned
How is he town?

You responses are arbitrary and guided completely by the alignments you've already committed to believing in.

That strikes me as way scummier than either of their responses. Scum generally pick some people to push as scum and stick with it and are also confident in pushing their reads (cause obviously those are right). It becomes hard to naturally reassess new information in a vacuum because they've already hard committed to playing with people as a certain alignment, some of which they know to be wrong.

People have to have some intuition about alignments or this wouldn't be mafia. I town read Penguin and I has no reason to doubt that read right now.

What you have done is refuse to give any information so we can't read how your view point has changed through the game. Mine is out there in the open. Go look at my scum list, it has evolved through the game. If I was scum I would have been caught in a contradiction by now.

Kawl_USC

This is a good post, generally what everyone was thinking when looking to reply so it's safe. Even still, I just can't help but feel like there's something wrong with Kawl. For example, this rankled me:

It's a question that doesn't lean one way or the other on the subject. I'm assuming Kawl has an opinion since he asked, but I don't know since he didn't write anything about it.

Faddy predictably replies to the question with scum, as their conversation thread with Wizard made obvious.

Kawl answers the most non-inflammatory part of Faddy's response leaving me to wonder, why bother? It can't be that I'm crazy and a normal reply wouldn't have a follow up on Wizard being scum/not scum or personal thoughts instead of what's essentially fluff.

Again, this is just something that's been bothering me when reading this page. Partly because it's easy to seem involved and participating by asking questions and rubbing between two parties, and partly because it reminds me of Pokemon Mafia where scum was very much both sides.

Believe it or not sometimes it's okay to let something sit for a while before you press it. You can get way more out of posts if you let them marinate and get some responses and reactions without blowing your load so quick.

As far as my opinions, shockingly they are the opposite of faddys. I town read the wizards reversal there. His opinion involved pushing a vote and then visibly retracting it. That's the type of attention scum generally would want to avoid. It's tangible something he can be held accountable for.

Penguin on the other hand is non commital. He basically says yea that's a pretty good point I guess he could be town. And then pushes a weird statement calling ccs's townness into question. Ccs is the hardest confirmed town in the game right now, there's no taking it on faith. It is a fact. (And if it's not then the actual other mason can see me after class) overall don't like this post.

But faddy had no issue with it because he's committed to the line of penguin being town. So he's not going to attack their posts ever. Cause that's way harder to do as scum.

Kawl_USC

I have been trying to press Kawl for a while to give us his stance on the game. All his evasiveness does is make him scummier.

And if he is town and we lose he can go stick the lazy town narrative up his arse and instead realise that he is useless if all he wants to do is take in reads ad give nothing back. He has pushed nothing in this game other than some protection of Zeusy and a lynch on an absent Swamped.
Lol also take a hike with this. At the very least I kept people from lynching fat on day 3 which was the far inferior target which helped give us an additinal conftown today.

Top Bottom