• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Zeusy

since your scumlist contains players cleared by a claimed cop, what's your take on the claimed cop? is he legit, and he's hitting godfathers? or is he a big phony?

why do you think having votes on people who are lynched is relevant (considering that we lynch by plurality)?
I mean he could be a phony, but he also could be telling the truth. It ultimately comes down to if you believe it, I personally don't believe they hype.

Sorian

Banned
I mean he could be a phony, but he also could be telling the truth. It ultimately comes down to if you believe it, I personally don't believe they hype.

What's your excuse for scum reading CCS? Or do you think the real mason has stayed quiet this whole time for reasons?

CCS

Banned
What's your excuse for scum reading CCS? Or do you think the real mason has stayed quiet this whole time for reasons?

I've been wanting an answer to this for a while.

In two minds about the whole thing. Suspecting semi-confirmed or confirmed town players seems like a very bold thing for scum to do, but that turns into WIFOM very quickly.

Zeusy

A) could be lying from the start and is scum b) hoping on bandwagons, and is town...yet still ends up voting for the people that get lynched.

Sorian

Banned
A) could be lying from the start and is scum b) hoping on bandwagons, and is town...yet still ends up voting for the people that get lynched.

Lying from the start on what? You saw Bronx's role PM, I can go quote it for you if you want. A second mason has to exist. If CCS is lying then the real mason would have said something by now, it's been like 2 or 3 days. There is exactly 0 reason to withhold information if you are the real mason because even if we mislynch the real mason, we get a free lynch on the person lying the following day.

Zeusy

Lying from the start on what? You saw Bronx's role PM, I can go quote it for you if you want. A second mason has to exist. If CCS is lying then the real mason would have said something by now, it's been like 2 or 3 days. There is exactly 0 reason to withhold information if you are the real mason because even if we mislynch the real mason, we get a free lynch on the person lying the following day.
Well then I never said I was certain of the people on my list, just who I personally suspected...

Sorian

Banned
Well then I never said I was certain of the people on my list, just who I personally suspected...

Plus I'm still betting on the wizard as more scummy. Hence my vote

Right but why are you even using energy to read CCS? If the person is 100% confirmed to be town then why is it even a topic to bring to the table? Like I understand if you want to believe me or not, all you have is my word and Ouro's flip, but CCS shouldn't even be a question. As said above, it seems ridiculous for scum to even draw attention like this but whether scum or town, this plays like someone not paying attention which doesn't help anyone.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kawl_USC (2)
Faddy 2051
Dusk Soldier 2071

The Wizard (2)
Penguin 2020
Zeusy 2102

Zeusy (1)
Giant Panda 2089

Faddy (1)
Dr. Worm 2098

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Sorian 1988

Penguin (0): The Wizard 2008 2025

No active vote for Day 5: CCS, Fat4all, Kawl_USC, Nomadic Sparks, SalvaPot, The Wizard (has previously voted), Verelios

Day 5 Postcount: CCS 3, Dr. Worm 5, Dusk Soldier 6, Faddy 28, Fat4all 19, Giant Panda 6, Kawl_USC 32, Nomadic Sparks 8, Penguin 6, SalvaPot 10, Sorian 20, The Wizard 8, Verelios 4, Zeusy 8

Day 5 ends:
gre_1507845600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Verelios

What I'm trying to understand is, your entire argument has already been proven flawed by having confirmed town on the train. Well, that's fine, maybe they're scum doing a convoluted ruse or Gambit, maybe they're lying, it's all possible. But you haven't really expanded on why you're suspicious beyond a gut feeling. So here:
Plus I'm still betting on the wizard as more scummy. Hence my vote
I'm left wondering what sets Wizard apart from the other four in your mind, besides you retroactively admitting they seem town confirmed. It seems arbitrary, given you're suspicious of four people for the same actions.

Verelios

You know what an easy set up is? Not silencing anyone's vote and then pointing out that Nomadic "slipped" and claimed that the silence was 3-shot. The fact that Nomadic felt comfortable telling us right away that he was silenced tells me that he is either the silencer, is in contact with the silencer, or was actually silenced. The issue is that Nomadic's vote has been extremely useless the whole game with him throwing it around almost at random with no/little justification so why bother silencing him? He's the opposite of a threat and even if he nailed the whole scum team on the nose with a list, he'd never convince anyone to vote with him. Remove that possibility and what are you left with?

This action is the exact opposite of a set up and the only reason it smells so bad is because of how weak a player Nomadic is, if the same were done with anyone else, it probably would look perfectly fine.
Nomadic is a real outlier for me. On one hand, I feel like there's no way scum would be this disorganized and unprepared, even as coasting strategy. On the other... it's Nomadic. His life is going to be a damacles over our heads every second until game end unless he dies and we confirm his alignment. I guarantee you we'll still be talking about this two days later in a will we, won't we dance that scum will surely always try to take advantage of. So, yeah, real conflicted, because if we had one scum down or any leeway I'd jump on this chance immediately, no questions asked.

Faddy

Banned
So I read this much earlier right before I had to leave to work but couldn't formulate too well why it bothered me. There's some hand waving here. You quote me to a post and then tell me your internal logic at the time which is all well and good but the actual post doesn't say any of that info. And sure, I can see that you bumped me up your reads list there but I've known you've been pushing me up as a town read for days now, that doesn't color what I think of you at all. It's a mild point that you got out in front of my claim and evolved your read on me but I had the writing on the wall for awhile now, Ouro was pointing out my cop soft claim for at least 24 hours before I actually claimed and people were questioning the soft without saying the word cop for even longer than that.

If I were scum and realised you were a cop (which I did sorta suspect...kind of) that early in the game you would be dead on night 3.

I wrote that post late last night and it was me trying to explain when and why I decided to read you as town. So on that Zeusy lynch I had Fat and CCS, you were the next obvious person to recruit as a strong town.

Sorian

Banned
If I were scum and realised you were a cop (which I did sorta suspect...kind of) that early in the game you would be dead on night 3.

I wrote that post late last night and it was me trying to explain when and why I decided to read you as town. So on that Zeusy lynch I had Fat and CCS, you were the next obvious person to recruit as a strong town.

That's easy to say now that I'm an outed cop and still not dead which is why I'm kind of meh on my Dusk check but that's for another time.

Speaking of Dusk, I like how Salva just disappeared the second his fascination got deflated.

Dr. Worm

Banned

if you don't believe Sorian is the real deal, shouldn't you be trying to lynch him? there's not really any townie reason to lie about being a cop

Kawl_USC

Idk sorian all the roles we've seen so far have been pretty passive, reactive, or limited pretty heavily. I think that unless you get killed via hitting scum that I'm gonna trust that your shits accurate. I mean if Salva is telling the truth he shouldn't be targeting you and if he isn't then he isn't a jailor any ways and you should be okay.

Kawl_USC

if you don't believe Sorian is the real deal, shouldn't you be trying to lynch him? there's not really any townie reason to lie about being a cop
Right it's these posts that make me think zeusy is just a player who doesn't put particular care or emphasize accurately keeping up with the game state. He'll be added to the lists of those preferentially lynched on day 1 from here on out. But I still don't feel he's any more likely to be scum just based on that. Scum usually at least have teammates to provide recaps/basic points.

Sorian

Banned
Idk sorian all the roles we've seen so far have been pretty passive, reactive, or limited pretty heavily. I think that unless you get killed via hitting scum that I'm gonna trust that your shits accurate. I mean if Salva is telling the truth he shouldn't be targeting you and if he isn't then he isn't a jailor any ways and you should be okay.

Salva isn't my worry, it was just an observation that he disappeared. My worry is that I didn't get killed right away which means scum is either worried about a doc or has a roleblocker which is why I'm holding my Dusk check in a lower light than the rest.

Kawl_USC

That's easy to say now that I'm an outed cop and still not dead which is why I'm kind of meh on my Dusk check but that's for another time.

Speaking of Dusk, I like how Salva just disappeared the second his fascination got deflated.
At this point killing the people you've confirmed is the route I would take. Eventually you'll kill your self by hitting scum and since you've decided (justifiably or not) to not breadcrumb or announce your Target it essentially gives scum an extra kill for no chance of being revealed. But that back fires if you keep successfully picking town, which might lead to another conclusion if you survive another night, but I'll hold off on that for now.

Kawl_USC

Salva isn't my worry, it was just an observation that he disappeared. My worry is that I didn't get killed right away which means scum is either worried about a doc or has a roleblocker which is why I'm holding my Dusk check in a lower light than the rest.
Yea I get why you think that way, but honestly what roles have we seen that would warrant a scum role blocker? 2 masons, a lynch revenge killer, and a jailor? RB isn't doing much there.

Sorian

Banned
Yea I get why you think that way, but honestly what roles have we seen that would warrant a scum role blocker? 2 masons, a lynch revenge killer, and a jailor? RB isn't doing much there.

All it takes is me and a doc to justify a roleblocker. Not a gigantic worry but something I want people to keep in mind.

Faddy

Banned
All it takes is me and a doc to justify a roleblocker. Not a gigantic worry but something I want people to keep in mind.

Doctors typically don't save weak cops though.

(I have been reading mafiascum wikia while developing my own game)

CCS

Banned
I've worked myself into a bit of a logical corner trying to decide if Zeusy is scum or not.

Think I'll let it slide for now. Not sure about a potential Nomadic lynch, Wizard is ringing a few alarms though.

Not from their own ability, but just the chance of the doctor existing probably scared off scum for going against Sorian directly.

It's also possible that Sorian's roleblock scenario is why he's still around.

Sorian

Banned

I don't think Gafia has enough exposure to know how to handle weak cops correctly so while you are right, nothing is really stopping a doc from being on me.

I've been working on the assumption that he is. Can you find the post where he walked it back? I don't remember reading any.

I could be lying about the shots.

If I was jailer you wouldn't have been able to check Fat on N2.

He has a vague post earlier than this one saying something about how playing jailer is so hard but he's definitely let us fill in the blanks more than naught. He has no direct claim out.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Kawl_USC (2)
Faddy 2051
Dusk Soldier 2071

Zeusy (1)
Giant Panda 2089

The Wizard (1)
Penguin 2020 2127
Zeusy 2102

Faddy (1)
Dr. Worm 2098

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Sorian 1988

Penguin (0): The Wizard 2008 2025

No active vote for Day 5: CCS, Fat4all, Kawl_USC, Nomadic Sparks, Penguin (has previously voted), SalvaPot, The Wizard (has previously voted), Verelios

Day 5 Postcount: CCS 4, Dr. Worm 6, Dusk Soldier 6, Faddy 32, Fat4all 19, Giant Panda 8, Kawl_USC 38, Nomadic Sparks 8, Penguin 7, SalvaPot 10, Sorian 25, The Wizard 8, Verelios 6, Zeusy 8

Day 5 ends:
gre_1507845600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

And I should say that my understanding of a jailer is that they stop all abilities targeting a person, while Salva's protection just stops the scum kill.

Sorian

Banned
And I should say that my understanding of a jailer is that they stop all abilities targeting a person, while Salva's protection just stops the scum kill.

So I talked about this yesterday. The version of a jailer that stops all abilities from targeting the jailed person is non-standard in forum mafia. If that is the case, the jailer needs to be clearly told that in their PM because the standard is just that the action acts as a dual roleblock and protect.

Faddy

Banned
So I talked about this yesterday. The version of a jailer that stops all abilities from targeting the jailed person is non-standard in forum mafia. If that is the case, the jailer needs to be clearly told that in their PM because the standard is just that the action acts as a dual roleblock and protect.

This is a tough read for me because he took over from LoC and he claims he targeted me on night 1 which would be strange because I claimed town PR and jailer is basically a doctor that is deterred from saving PRs but I can't expect Salva to tell us anything about LoC's play.

There are another few things Salva needs to clarify for me.

Just out of classes and need to catch a train now to see some standup a few hours before day end so probably won't be able to participate too much in end of day excitement. Happy to answer questions or respond to theories now and will try to have a strong vote down before becoming inactive.
This is a tough read for me because he took over from LoC and he claims he targeted me on night 1 which would be strange because I claimed town PR and jailer is basically a doctor that is deterred from saving PRs but I can't expect Salva to tell us anything about LoC's play.
That's news to me, didn't you get caught out for not knowing the town/scum flavour which would be exposed to all town regardless of PR? I've been treating you as neutral as a result but maybe I read it wrong?

Penguin

Was trying to look at folks' lynch history and only Faddy has voted more than twice for the folks who ended up getting lynch. I don't necessarily read Faddy as scum so was a non-starter angle I guess.

Zeusy seems to have the most "throwaway" votes (as in ended up being the only vote for someone), but again only twice so doesn't say much.

If anyone else cares to see em all lined up

DAY 1 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Zippedpinhead (5) voted out
Lord of Castamere 332
Faddy 373
Ty4on 489
*Splinter 523
CCS 571

Faddy (3)
Kawl_USC 232
Sorian 273
Ourobolus 524

Burbeting (3)
acohrs 426
Fat4all 510
Dusk Soldier 520 583
Dusk Soldier 583

Zeusy (2)
Nomadic Sparks 347
Giant Panda 365
CCS 402 571
Dr. Worm 502 506

zeemumu (1)
Dusk Soldier 266 404
Kalor 420
*Splinter 425 523

Sorian (1)
Faddy 186 373
Nomadic Sparks 315 347
Zeusy 431

Lord of Castamere (1)
Zippedpinhead 481

Dusk Soldier (1)
zeemumu 275

Fat4all (1)
Dr. Worm 498 502
Dr. Worm 506

acohrs (1)
Swamped 430

CCS (0): Ty4on 85 217, *Splinter 150 292

Penguin (0): Dusk Soldier 404 520

Kawl_USC (0): Giant Panda 119 365, Ty4on 217 223

Dr. Worm (0): Ty4on 223 479

Bronx-Man (0): Ourobolus 118 462

Kalor (0): Faddy 81 186, *Splinter 292 425

No active vote for Day 1: Bronx-Man, Burbeting, Penguin

Day 1 Postcount: *Splinter 40, acohrs 22, Bronx-Man 19, Burbeting 2, CCS 15, Dr. Worm 20, Dusk Soldier 14, Faddy 52, Fat4all 35, Giant Panda 14, Kalor 11, Kawl_USC 10, Lord of Castamere 13, Nomadic Sparks 15, Ourobolus 45, Penguin 4, Sorian 40, Swamped 16, Ty4on 66, zeemumu 16, Zeusy 10, Zippedpinhead 19

Names in underline failed to meet minimum postcount - your moderator will deal with them.

DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Kalor (7) voted out
Nomadic Sparks 932
Zeusy 934
Sorian 947
Faddy 953
Giant Panda 956
Fat4all 961
Swamped 965

zeemumu (6)
Ourobolus 675 910
CCS 837
Kawl_USC 855
Kalor 894
Penguin 913
Ourobolus 959
Bronx-Man 964

Fat4all (3)
The Wizard 872
Dr. Worm 906
acohrs 943
Ourobolus 946 959

Dr. Worm (1)
Dusk Soldier 801

Zeusy (0): acohrs 636 759, Fat4all 700 938

Dusk Soldier (0): Kalor 599 680, Bronx-Man 653 908

acohrs (0): Faddy 663 953, Giant Panda 864 956

Bronx-Man (0): Dusk Soldier 619 801, Penguin 670 737, Penguin 892 913

Penguin (0): Bronx-Man 908 918, Ourobolus 910 914

Swamped (0): Nomadic Sparks 756 932, Sorian 879 947

Ourobolus (0): Nomadic Sparks 678 741, Swamped 838 965

Nomadic Sparks (0): Giant Panda 682 864

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, Lord of Castamere, zeemumu

Day 2 Postcount: *Splinter 27, acohrs 30, Bronx-Man 12, CCS 11, Dr. Worm 18, Dusk Soldier 10, Faddy 34, Fat4all 24, Giant Panda 12, Kalor 13, Kawl_USC 11, Lord of Castamere 1, Nomadic Sparks 9, Ourobolus 25, Penguin 14, Sorian 28, Swamped 18, The Wizard 9, zeemumu 41, Zeusy 9

Names in underline failed to meet minimum postcount - your moderator will deal with them.

DAY 3 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

zeemumu (8) voted out
Giant Panda 1256
Penguin 1341
SalvaPot 1349 1395
Kawl_USC 1417
SalvaPot 1420
CCS 1433
acohrs 1450
*Splinter 1451
Sorian 1453

Fat4all (4)
CCS 1038 1152
Ourobolus 1050
The Wizard 1062
Zeusy 1109
Nomadic Sparks 1112
*Splinter 1398 1451
acohrs 1438 1450

Zeusy (2)
CCS 1152 1433
Faddy 1196
Fat4all 1334
Sorian 1411 1453

SalvaPot (1)
Dusk Soldier 1107
SalvaPot 1111 1348
Sorian 1394 1411

Penguin (1)
zeemumu 1250

Swamped (0): Kawl_USC 1029 1417, Sorian 1083 1386, acohrs 1385 1438

Dusk Soldier (0): SalvaPot 1395 1420

Sorian (0): *Splinter 1009 1398, acohrs 1018 1385

No active vote for Day 3: Dr. Worm, Swamped

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 47, acohrs 32, CCS 17, Dr. Worm 10, Dusk Soldier 11, Faddy 54, Fat4all 22, Giant Panda 12, Kawl_USC 63, Nomadic Sparks 6, Ourobolus 52, Penguin 18, SalvaPot 21, Sorian 44, Swamped 6, The Wizard 12, zeemumu 23, Zeusy 14

DAY 4 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

acohrs (6) voted out
Sorian 1651
CCS 1895
Fat4all 1902
Dr. Worm 1904
The Wizard 1912
Faddy 1914

Kawl_USC (2)
Sorian 1474 1565
Faddy 1566 1624
Dusk Soldier 1645
Faddy 1714 1914
Verelios 1892

Dusk Soldier (2)
SalvaPot 1642 1742
Giant Panda 1719 1734
SalvaPot 1813
Giant Panda 1910

Fat4all (1)
Giant Panda 1511 1719
Nomadic Sparks 1563

Sorian (1)
acohrs 1780

Faddy (1)
Zeusy 1788

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Faddy 1624 1690
Penguin 1890

SalvaPot (0): Dusk Soldier 1610 1644, Dr. Worm 1692 1761

Giant Panda (0): CCS 1688 1895, SalvaPot 1742 1813

The Wizard (0): SalvaPot 1559 1642

Penguin (0): The Wizard 1705 1912

Zeusy (0): Sorian 1565 1651, Fat4all 1686 1883, Dr. Worm 1900 1904

Ourobolus (0): Kawl_USC 1503 1507

No active vote for Day 4: Kawl_USC (has previously voted), Ourobolus

Day 4 Postcount: acohrs 17, CCS 12, Dr. Worm 28, Dusk Soldier 10, Faddy 35, Fat4all 43, Giant Panda 20, Kawl_USC 5, Nomadic Sparks 19, Ourobolus 83, Penguin 11, SalvaPot 77, Sorian 60, The Wizard 10, Verelios 36, Zeusy 5

CCS

Banned
What does strike me is that Zeusy has only made 38 posts over 4 days. I'm not exactly the highest contributor either, but that strikes me either as coasting town or scum trying to fly under the radar.

Dr. Worm

Banned
Straight vote tally scumhunting is misleading because it strips the context of things like voteblocks and "no ties" votes

Zeusy also mentioned looking at who was on successful lynches in his scumlist iirc, which makes me wonder if Penguin and Zeusy are a scumpair. Could probably go for either of them

Faddy

Banned
What does strike me is that Zeusy has only made 38 posts over 4 days. I'm not exactly the highest contributor either, but that strikes me either as coasting town or scum trying to fly under the radar.

The two days where he makes the post limit were the two days where he was under pressure. If he were just uninterested as a normal townie I don't think we would see that correlation. Look at Kalor, acohrs and zeemumu; their post counts all went down on the day they were lynched.

Penguin

Straight vote tally scumhunting is misleading because it strips the context of things like voteblocks and "no ties" votes

Zeusy also mentioned looking at who was on successful lynches in his scumlist iirc, which makes me wonder if Penguin and Zeusy are a scumpair. Could probably go for either of them

Wouldn't make sense if we were to share the same strategy publicly.

I just accept that I've had terrible scum/town reads this game so instead of going with my gut feelings was trying to see if there was some pattern or methodology to weed out scum based on voting/non-voting blocks.

Verelios

Games always have coasters, that's generally NAI except for scum loving the position and town being apathetic.

Kawl_USC

Agree with the first half of this post, less so with the second half. I agree it's poor strategy but I agree with penguin they likely wouldn't both publicly push it if both are scum.

Top Bottom