• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

CCS

Banned
VOTE: SalvaPot

I'm not really a fan of this type of thing

This I don't like. We should not be lynching a claimed cop type role. Lynch someone they've breadcrumbed their visit to by all means as a test, but why lynch the claimed cop?

Verelios

That leaves us 3 viable choices imo. Either Kawl, Zeusy or Giant Panda (I'm sort of neutral but will listen to arguments for his lynch)

Kawl would be my preference.
Can you elaborate on why Zeusy? I've been hearing suspicion but nothing damning.
Why are you trying to explain sorians post to me after his post? Are you trying to make it seem townier if it gets validation from another?
Are you serious Acorns? You legitimately didn't seem to understand why your post was getting called out. It was a bad post. I explained it because that's also what I felt.

Ourobolus

Banned
Been so busy irl last two days, really sorry.

One person who seems to have been very under the radar but who I'm feeling uncomfortable about is Giant Panda. I'm town reading Nomadic Sparks right now but I agree with the earlier post about Fat feeling like town who scum keep bringing up to distract town.

[highligh]VOTE: Giant Panda
I will admit I kinda agree with this.

Looking at day 2 end votes on Zee:
DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:
zeemumu (6)
Ourobolus 675 910
CCS 837
Kawl_USC 855
Kalor 894
Penguin 913
Ourobolus 959
Bronx-Man 964
I think Kawl and Penguin are the most interesting options right now. Everyone else on the list save for Ouro is confirmed town. Kawl reads fairly town to me so Penguin makes the most sense right now. If we pin some amount of town fuckery for why Kalor took off so fast then it's pretty likely there's at least one scum here with no incentive to switch votes.

VOTE: Penguin

Faddy

Banned
Can you elaborate on why Zeusy? I've been hearing suspicion but nothing damning.

Are you serious Acorns? You legitimately didn't seem to understand why your post was getting called out. It was a bad post. I explained it because that's also what I felt.

He hasn't contributed much. Hasn't produced any real reads and has been playing so unhelpfully that was a suggestion that he might be a Jester.

He was up for the lynch on day 1 and yesterday and survived both with apparent ease despite having absolutely no redeeming qualities.

This I don't like. We should not be lynching a claimed cop type role. Lynch someone they've breadcrumbed their visit to by all means as a test, but why lynch the claimed cop?
I'm not sure that I believe Salvas soft claim. Sorian's been acting like he's soft claiming cop too, so maybe we need to sort those claims out.

Also I'm not sure why people are saying I've been going under the radar. I think I've been pretty clear with my reads and thought process.

Ourobolus

Banned
Looking at day 2 end votes on Zee:

I think Kawl and Penguin are the most interesting options right now. Everyone else on the list save for Ouro is confirmed town. Kawl reads fairly town to me so Penguin makes the most sense right now. If we pin some amount of town fuckery for why Kalor took off so fast then it's pretty likely there's at least one scum here with no incentive to switch votes.

VOTE: Penguin
I'm ok with this.

Sorian

Banned
This is the truth.

I know CCS is town and I am Town reading Sorian and Fat. We need to actively pool our votes together and come to a concensus on a block vote rather than having multiple targets that allow scum to manipulate the vote.

We have enough scum reads in common that we should be able to come up with someone we can all be happy with. CCS has ruled out Nomadic, I'm not going vote for acohrs today either.

That leaves us 3 viable choices imo. Either Kawl, Zeusy or Giant Panda (I'm sort of neutral but will listen to arguments for his lynch)

Kawl would be my preference.

This post reads extremely manipulative. I still don't actually town read you Faddy. Zeusy yesterday and this today, you're grabbing people who don't want to go with the majority and making it sound like they have to fall in line to compete. That's why I didn't want Zeusy right away and I find it interesting that acohrs isn't an approved choice for you.

Nah this is busy work. You look towny with this vote, but thats only an appearance.

The swamped thing is NAI, just suits your agenda

This in no way answered the point, you also can't tell other people what is NAI about you. So less smoke and mirrors, why aren't you developing reads? You seem content to just go down your list without actually listening to anyone on the list.

Because its just continuing a trend that hasnt flipped scum yet and nearly certainly wont

It's also weird that you're in agreement with me but then jumping down my throats for.....? I think you're losing the story.

Unless Salva had no interest in reporting his other checks, I don't think he is softing cop.

Verelios

He hasn't contributed much. Hasn't produced any real reads and has been playing so unhelpfully that was a suggestion that he might be a Jester.

He was up for the lynch on day 1 and yesterday and survived both with apparent ease despite having absolutely no redeeming qualities.
I mean...so he's a coaster. At day 4 I don't think we're at liberty to start targeting coasters. The fact that he survived both days is interesting but was he ever lynch lead?

Dr. Worm

Banned
I mean...so he's a coaster. At day 4 I don't think we're at liberty to start targeting coasters. The fact that he survived both days is interesting but was he ever lynch lead?

considering that we've spent most of this day just awkwardly fumbling around, what's wrong with aiming for a coaster today? when will it be acceptable to target coasters?

(not just Zeusy, could apply to Penguin as well)

Verelios

considering that we've spent most of this day just awkwardly fumbling around, what's wrong with aiming for a coaster today? when will it be acceptable to target coasters?

This rabbit hole goes deep. I'd say it's perfectly fine to target coasters the first two or three days, but if you're still targeting them after day four then obviously something has gone wrong. Then it's no longer about reasoning, it's more about policy lynching.

Faddy

Banned
This rabbit hole goes deep. I'd say it's perfectly fine to target coasters the first two or three days, but if you're still targeting them after day four then obviously something has gone wrong. Then it's no longer about reasoning, it's more about policy lynching.

He is a coaster who faced pressure twice and managed to post just enough to get himself out of it while his scum mates like Kawl pushed other trains.

Still iyou don't want him let's go for Kawl,

VOTE: Kawl_USC

Dr. Worm

Banned

so if we missed coasting scum on D2 or D3, when's our next chance to nail 'em?

CCS

Banned
What? No, I think talking about the whole vote blocker is dumb, it could easily be a scum, neutral or town ability, it seems to be targeting people mostly at random, and its been used poorly. I think its kind of pointless talking about it.

Its likely not x-shot.

Its likely neutral.

And its just distracting from the stuff that matters. Like the fact that Dusk got Kalor killed, obviously. And probably nomadic and the other guy helped too.

Personally I've been keeping busy this past few nights.

Why am I making you waste your time? Everyone is quiet as fuck. Today has been pointless, no one is talking shit, everyone is going to wait for the last minute for another half-assed bandwagon that will give us no information. We should be voting players and pressuring them into been useful, instead we are doing, well nothing.

So since we are doing nothing, I might as well put out that yes, I am town, and... well, I gave hints about my nights. They are there. Me dying is totally cool by me, if I die that is.

Well, If I die now town knows where to look, since the info of what I did this past few nights is right there. I can't promise they are going to be useful, but its there.

In case I die, as I probably will, go look at my past posts.

These read like cop claim to me, no?

Verelios

so if we missed coasting scum on D2 or D3, when's our next chance to nail 'em?
I dunno, it's a case by case problem. Of we'd have hit scum then I'd be more than happy to endorse it. But we haven't, and it's day 4, so are you saying we should start now?

The main problem is that depending on your definition of coasting over half the players in this game could fit the bill and everyone seems to have their own preference I think at this stage we should try to leverage voting information and not just gut players for being unhelpful.

Unless Salva wants to explain himself a bit better and changes the details, it seems like we have a case of at worst a 1 for 1 trade town for scum.

Sorian

Banned
These read like cop claim to me, no?

No, they read like any soft claim. Someone else already said they looked at his posts and didn't see him talking about multiple people, only Dusk. It would be shit to only soft a red check without sifting green checks.

Sorian

Banned
Unless Salva wants to explain himself a bit better and changes the details, it seems like we have a case of at worst a 1 for 1 trade town for scum.

No, at worst they are both town because Salva is just trying to sell his opinion as more important than it actually is or people are reading more into it.

Verelios

He is a coaster who faced pressure twice and managed to post just enough to get himself out of it while his scum mates like Kawl pushed other trains.

Still iyou don't want him let's go for Kawl,

VOTE: Kawl_USC
I would be okay voting for Kawl, just based on how passionately Ouro seems to be stanning for him which is odd, and his eagerness to vote Swamped out before I came in (busy work).

Faddy

Banned
No, they read like any soft claim. Someone else already said they looked at his posts and didn't see him talking about multiple people, only Dusk. It would be shit to only soft a red check without sifting green checks.

I think if he has a red check on Dusk he should make a hard claim and give us the green checks as well. If he is a cop it would be a risk for scum to target him since we still haven't lost a protective role so someone could be a doctor and protect him and that gets us another check.

Fat4all

Banned
I think if he has a red check on Dusk he should make a hard claim and give us the green checks as well. If he is a cop it would be a risk for scum to target him since we still haven't lost a protective role so someone could be a doctor and protect him and that gets us another check.

Honestly, I would normally think that would be too much of a risk to take, to hedge bets on a doctor role to save Salva. But considering the soft-claim most likely would of made them a target for the NK tonight anyways, we might as well have any/all details just in case.

If Salva is a cop and even if they die tonight, we should know all their checks before it’s too late.

Ourobolus

Banned
So you think he's pulling the same move on Dusk that he pulled on You? Based on how poorly that went last time from what you said, why would he pull that again?
You are assuming people learn from their actions here. Seems more probable than a scum salva doing a 1-for-1 trade with town

Sorian

Banned
So you think he's pulling the same move on Dusk that he pulled on You? Based on how poorly that went last time from what you said, why would he pull that again?

Salva once convinced himself so thoroughly that Blarg was scum and was willing to bet anything on it. After some egging on, we convinced them and the mod to allow them to play a shitty Mario party mini game mid day phase where the loser would die. As a neutral survivor, it was like Christmas.

Moral of the story: It's Salva.

Fat4all

Banned
Why is everyone jumping to cop?

Seems like the most obvious role for claiming someone is scum outright, unless they have some sort of Watcher role and has more than just what vague info a Watcher role usually provides.

It would depend on the certainty of their scum read on Dusk, id say.

Fat4all

Banned
Salva once convinced himself so thoroughly that Blarg was scum and was willing to bet anything on it. After some egging on, we convinced them and the mod to allow them to play a shitty Mario party mini game mid day phase where the loser would die. As a neutral survivor, it was like Christmas.

Moral of the story: It's Salva.

holy hell

Fat4all

Banned
This is a bit frustrating. Pretty much out of the blue Salva is offering themselves up for the NK, so they are either certain in their read on Dusk, or they have some sort of protective ability, or they are just bluffing outright. I normally wouldn’t think someone would place another player on the line over a bluff, but now I just don’t know anymore. Unless Salva want to explain more or come out and say what they are actually pulling, I dunno if a Dusk lynch is a good idea at all.

I just woak up and already my head hurts :/

SalvaPot

I am not a cop?

Well, I'm ok with people thinking I am a cop.

Sorian

Banned
This is a bit frustrating. Pretty much out of the blue Salva is offering themselves up for the NK, so they are either certain in their read on Dusk, or they have some sort of protective ability, or they are just bluffing outright. I normally wouldn’t think someone would place another player on the line over a bluff, but now I just don’t know anymore. Unless Salva want to explain more or come out and say what they are actually pulling, I dunno if a Dusk lynch is a good idea at all.

I just woak up and already my head hurts :/

Salva isn't offering himself up, everyone else is.

I feel like I'm the only one reading the thread.

Faddy

Banned
I am not a cop?

Well, I'm ok with people thinking I am a cop.

No that is not ok idiot. You are using some sort of soft claim to try and get Dusk lynched. Either you have a check or you are trying to make your gut read into something more than it is because you haven't provided any compelling arguments for why Dusk is scum.

SalvaPot

The we lynch Dusk. If Dusk is town, we lynch Salva.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Yeah, seems to me like you are already setting up a path here.

Vote: Giant Panda

Also, to clarify, I don't have a cop role. So my Dusk vote is based on pure scum hunting. I've been tunneling to get reactions and if I get a dusk lynch I'll be satisfied, but this right here by panda makes me believe he is scum trying to lead town.

SalvaPot

No that is not ok idiot. You are using some sort of soft claim to try and get Dusk lynched. Either you have a check or you are trying to make your gut read into something more than it is because you haven't provided any compelling arguments for why Dusk is scum.

I am an idiot, but I did get the ball rolling, didn't I? Isn't this better? Look at all the reads and posts here.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, seems to me like you are already setting up a path here.

Vote: Giant Panda

Also, to clarify, I don't have a cop role. So my Dusk vote is based on pure scum hunting. I've been tunneling to get reactions and if I get a dusk lynch I'll be satisfied, but this right here by panda makes me believe he is scum trying to lead town.

Panda seems more misguided than malicious in that post. He's town.

Top Bottom