• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Sorian

Banned
Oh also, Splinter is likely town. The non-voting power sounds non-town aligned. I know there have been instances in the past where scum use their power on a teammate to check flavor and stuff, but with this particular power, why would they do so when it could really hinder their play (maybe scum votes are less important in the early game, but are still incredibly valuable if they need to save a teammate from lynch).

Anyway, whether this power is real or not will become apparent in the following day phases. For me, Splinter is off the table for today.

The power that turned off chats in love boat 2 just went through this whole fanfaire and debate and then ended up being a town power anyway. Even though i was scum there and did know the answer, I'm still going to echo the same though I would have had regardless, just because the power is fundamentally anti-town sounding does not mean it isn't a town power. The only thing not as clear cut is that Splinter is an odd choice for a townie to hit since I don't think he set off anyone's buttons yesterday.

Vote: Swamped

Hyper agressive """Neutral""" are as bad as scum if not worse then scum

Damn phone posting

I have no idea what you are on about and it's clear you aren't actually reading posts as usual.

The way I read it is Swamped is looking at Splinter as possibly being a neutral role and Nomadic has somehow got these mixed up and targeted Swamped. I don't like this vote, why "bandwagon" with something you can't even be sure to take the time to get the details of right?

You aren't reading either since she is thinking that the person doing the targeting is neutral and not Splinter himself.

oh ok.

vote:Dr. Worm

Did I miss logic for this vote or are we doing that drive by vote thing again?

DAY 2 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Dusk Soldier (1)
Kalor 599 680
Bronx-Man 653

Zeusy (1)
acohrs 636 759
Fat4all 700

Dr. Worm (1)
Dusk Soldier 801

zeemumu (1)
Ourobolus 675

Swamped (1)
Nomadic Sparks 756

Nomadic Sparks (1)
Giant Panda 682

acohrs (1)
Faddy 663

Bronx-Man (0): Dusk Soldier 619 801, Penguin 670 737

Ourobolus (0): Nomadic Sparks 678 741

No active vote for Day 2: *Splinter, acohrs (has previously voted), CCS, Dr. Worm, Kalor (has previously voted), Kawl_USC, Lord of Castamere, Penguin (has previously voted), Sorian, Swamped, The Wizard, zeemumu, Zeusy

Day 2 Postcount: *Splinter 13, acohrs 22, Bronx-Man 5, CCS 6, Dr. Worm 11, Dusk Soldier 5, Faddy 20, Fat4all 15, Giant Panda 5, Kalor 11, Kawl_USC 5, Lord of Castamere 1, Nomadic Sparks 7, Ourobolus 11, Penguin 6, Sorian 15, Swamped 11, The Wizard 4, zeemumu 29, Zeusy 6

Day 2 ends:
gre_1506722400.png

Automated vote tally here

11 votes for majority

Fat4all

Banned
i have a bionic wrist now

the fifteen-billion-yen-wrist man

(im still a tad out of it, gimme a few more to rest before i jump back intoit)

Ourobolus

Banned
So I looked over a bunch, but yeah, I apologize I am a little drunk.

Scummy:
zeemumu - the whole scum number discussion sticks out to me and I will keep my vote here for now
Giant Panda - there's something authoritative about his posts that is bugging me
dr worm - for the same reason giant panda is bugging me. He's super aggressive (from what I remember), something is bothering me here
fat4all - nowhere near as shitposty as usual. not town? maybe neutral?

Townie:
Splinter - i'm gonna go ahead assume that the vote block is either scummy or neutral. he's townie on my list for now, but we'll see
Swamped - she's nowhere near as involved as she normally seems as scum
Sorian - god, fucking hell, he's probably town or at worst neutral. can we kill him just in case

Ourobolus

Banned
Also this post stuck out to me for panda:

Nothing too surprising for a kill choice. Looking at the postcount at the end of the day, Ty4on did have the most posts.

I don't like how an active Kawl seemed to completely disappear later in the day. Maybe trying to cease drawing attention to himself? More maybe he just got busy and I'm biased because we butted heads yesterday.

I don't see Bronx's behavior as that of a scum. That seems like a good way to draw attention to himself, and why would a scum want to do that when they could have just voted for Zipped?

I was similarly willing to wave away Dusk Soldier's post weirdness, but he's claiming it wasn't a mistake...

This is like the safest post could think of if I were scum.
- "Shock and awe" at the kill: check
- Attack another player: check
- Absolve another player: check
- Gonna check/ambiguously involve another player: check

Ourobolus

Banned
Hmm Arkham was the only game I've partaken in so far, but I do remember early on folks saying it's a bad habit to use someone's play in a previous game to determine their leanings.

Which makes sense.

Anyhow, I'll try to make a read list tonight!

pandering to target audience

zeemumu

So I looked over a bunch, but yeah, I apologize I am a little drunk.

Scummy:
zeemumu - the whole scum number discussion sticks out to me and I will keep my vote here for now
Giant Panda - there's something authoritative about his posts that is bugging me
dr worm - for the same reason giant panda is bugging me. He's super aggressive (from what I remember), something is bothering me here
fat4all - nowhere near as shitposty as usual. not town? maybe neutral?

Townie:
Splinter - i'm gonna go ahead assume that the vote block is either scummy or neutral. he's townie on my list for now, but we'll see
Swamped - she's nowhere near as involved as she normally seems as scum
Sorian - god, fucking hell, he's probably town or at worst neutral. can we kill him just in case

So you think the rest of ty4on's list is wrong and that stumbling onto something isn't what got him killed?

CCS

Banned
So you think the rest of ty4on's list is wrong and that stumbling onto something isn't what got him killed?

I doubt he was killed because of his list. I imagine it's most likely because he is a good and useful player, and him having done a lost is helpful WIFOM for scum.

You aren't reading either since she is thinking that the person doing the targeting is neutral and not Splinter himself.
You're totally right there, my apologies for skimming. Splinter was vote blocked by some unknown party and swamped has speculated this vote blocker may be neutral. Nomad targeting here her doesn't make sense and he still hasn't adjusted his vote or provided an explanation. That said I think scum would put more care into their votes so that they would up to scrunity so this reads more as absent-minded townie to me so I don't want to throw down a vote on Nomadic.

*Splinter

Ty's list was Zipped, Kalor, Wizard, Ouro, Acohrs

Unless this is some sort of inside joke I'm not aware of.

If so carry on
No in joke, Zeemumu throwing poor quality shade and I was too lazy to check.

In case anyone else is misreading my previous posts, I'm saying someone on Ty's list (Zipped, Kalor, Wizard, Ouro, Acohrs) was attacking scum on day one.

Wizard just curious but have you played any Mafia/werewolf before?
I've experienced some of the more casual versions EMG TTT, Town of Salem and One night ultimate werewolf. All of these are good fun and give some familiarity with the concept. That said this is my first time playing the full length version and the forum format adds an interesting wrinkle. Hopefully I'm not making too many mistakes, I'll try to improve my play as the game progresses and I pick things up

*Splinter

I've experienced some of the more casual versions EMG TTT, Town of Salem and One night ultimate werewolf. All of these are good fun and give some familiarity with the concept. That said this is my first time playing the full length version and the forum format adds an interesting wrinkle. Hopefully I'm not making too many mistakes, I'll try to improve my play as the game progresses and I pick things up
You're doing fine, just wanted some background, thanks

In case anyone else is misreading my previous posts, I'm saying someone on Ty's list (Zipped, Kalor, Wizard, Ouro, Acohrs) was attacking scum on day one.

wouldn't have been Zipped (he died) or Wizard (burb was MIA D1)

If Ty's list is being used to make us distrust someone, my bet would be acohrs. I haven't noticed any pushes to get Ouro or Kalor lynched yet.

Acohrs started the burb train yesterday.

Swamped

Banned
Vote: Swamped

Hyper agressive """Neutral""" are as bad as scum if not worse then scum

Damn phone posting

I don't even know how to respond to this lol. I'm very amused though XD Any specific questions for me to address?

Ouro's latest posts at least seem like he's trying to scumhunt more. he is looking at Panda closer which is useful as most people seem to have written him off as town, especially with Ty's read on him. Not sure I like his reasoning for scumreading Fat though. He's posting more seriously, therefore he must be scum? Not a fan of that logic, there are many reasons Fat may be playing the way he is. Maybe he just wanted to try a new style this game.

Also this post stuck out to me for panda:

This is like the safest post could think of if I were scum.
- "Shock and awe" at the kill: check
- Attack another player: check
- Absolve another player: check
- Gonna check/ambiguously involve another player: check

Are there any other posts that fall into this categorization? Maybe you found a winning formula for scumhunting!

Not terribly surprised by the Ty kill. It's great WIFOM. He was involved in a lot of conversations and the like so makes sense.

Still want to take a look at Faddy and Penguin. Zeusy's still in the back of my mind but it seemed almost like he was "too easy" of a lynch yesterday (despite us all not actually voting him out).

Gonna look over a few others like Swamped, acohrs, Bronx, and dusk.

- "shock and awe" at the NK
- cautiously call out his "scum reads" Faddy and Penguin
- "absolve" another player (Zeusy), while still leaving some leeway to vote for him again should the need arise
- ambiguously check several other players

But honestly, I'm not really feeling like his attack on Zee is genuine. Zee's speculation on the number of roles didn't read scummy to me. In fact, I liked that he stuck to what he was saying, he didn't back off, even into D2 (post #677)

This, coupled with some things from D1 (lightly attacking Ty for his read on Burb) makes me wary of him.

VOTE: Ourobolus

I could also vote for acohrs. I would feel comfortable voting for Penguin too, he's here but very cautious. Also feeling wary about Kalor actually. He hasn't done much this day phase, mostly stuff that other people have already pointed out.

I do want to look at the high posters more closely, like Fat, Sorian and Bronx. Oh and Kawl too. In fact, I'd be happy to vote him today, he hasn't really done anything this day phase which is worrying. Honestly, can't wait until the game gets a bit smaller.

CCS

Banned
Zee is the only scum read you've talked about this day phase. Any others who have crossed your mind?

Not really. To be honest, I've unfortunately been really busy the last couple of days so I've been following proceedings in a fairly loose fashion.

Swamped

Banned
I guess I should clarify my thoughts on Splinter and such since there seemed to be some confusion. I am speculating that the no-vote power is a scum one. So scum would only hit non scum, i.e. town or neutral. I also speculated that it's possible scum would hit scum on the first night, to check how the power works. But I said that this was not likely given the nature of the power, and how important voting power is to scum. I don't think they would risk it. Therefore, Splinter is likely town.

It IS possible that the no-vote power is a town power, so they would want to target scum. But then, splinter was an odd choice when there were other overtly suspicious people on D1.

Hope this makes sense.

zeemumu

Come now that's hardly shade.

zeemumu

Also it was almost 2 in the morning because I couldn't go back to sleep after waking up at midnight to buy a SNES Classic

acohrs

I guess I should clarify my thoughts on Splinter and such since there seemed to be some confusion. I am speculating that the no-vote power is a scum one. So scum would only hit non scum, i.e. town or neutral. I also speculated that it's possible scum would hit scum on the first night, to check how the power works. But I said that this was not likely given the nature of the power, and how important voting power is to scum. I don't think they would risk it. Therefore, Splinter is likely town.

It IS possible that the no-vote power is a town power, so they would want to target scum. But then, splinter was an odd choice when there were other overtly suspicious people on D1.

Hope this makes sense.

That's actually a really good point

Ourobolus

Banned
Also I didn't mention it last night but Zeusy still sticks out to me for D1. All of these reads are still gut for now but I could totally be off base. Anyway heading to the airport, gl

acohrs

Can't make up my mind who to vote, think zeemumu isn't a bad choice but also think that after D1 suspicion if zeemumu was scum, scum buddies would have pushed another choice for town to lynch today. That it's the last day of D2 and zeemumu is still being talked about makes me believe that they're town.

zeemumu

Hope this makes sense.

Blocking his vote if he's onto a scum seems a bit too counterproductive though, no? You already know the remaining people he's gonna vote for so odds are his votes will move through that list. Plus I'm not sure if blocking a single vote this early on would do much to stop a lynch if you can still speculate but I'm probably missing something.

Top Bottom