• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Nomadic Sparks (4)
Sorian 1988
Kawl_USC 2166
The Wizard 2177
Fat4all 2181

Zeusy (3)
Giant Panda 2089
Penguin 2183
CCS 2199

Kawl_USC (2)
Faddy 2051
Dusk Soldier 2071

The Wizard (1)
Penguin 2020 2127
Zeusy 2102

Faddy (1)
Dr. Worm 2098

Penguin (0): The Wizard 2008 2025

No active vote for Day 5: Nomadic Sparks, SalvaPot, Verelios

Day 5 Postcount: CCS 10, Dr. Worm 7, Dusk Soldier 7, Faddy 47, Fat4all 26, Giant Panda 10, Kawl_USC 56, Nomadic Sparks 8, Penguin 12, SalvaPot 12, Sorian 34, The Wizard 12, Verelios 8, Zeusy 8

Day 5 ends:
gre_1507845600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Verelios

Holy shit, why does it feel feel like everyone here has forsaken logical reasoning and just hopped on Sorian's logic? I agree with him to an extent about Nomadic today but not enough to jump on a boat over someone so erratic they could be anything.

I mean, this landslide 'okay, Nomadic it is' should be freaking telling us something no?

Sorian

Banned
Can you walk me through the logic of not saying who you plan to target?

It allows scum a degree of control on the situation. Take a standard scum team with one kill and no other important PRs.

If I claim to target a scum team member, they can withhold their kill. What information do you now gain? You're stuck with wondering did I die because of who I targeted or because scum killed me and my target was town. Even if they were barred from holding their kill, they could just shot me as well for the same one death effect.

Adding in other variables, like a roleblocker, and they could color results by just making sure to roleblock me on nights I announce a scum target and roleblocking elsewhere on nights I announce a town target.

A second mafia kill sounds rare at this point but if they happened to have one, killing me and someone else on a night I announce I'm targeting town nets them a free mislynch.

These little things can be done regardless of if I call my shot but it gives them a lot more info on what the right course of action is to muddy the waters.

Sorian

Banned
Holy shit, why does it feel feel like everyone here has forsaken logical reasoning and just hopped on Sorian's logic? I agree with him to an extent about Nomadic today but not enough to jump on a boat over someone so erratic they could be anything.

I mean, this landslide 'okay, Nomadic it is' should be freaking telling us something no?

And where do you want to vote? You don't have one out right now.

SalvaPot

Here are the facts.

I am roleblocker.

All 4 nights i successfully did my job, I think.

All 4 nights 1 player died.

All 4 days one player was voteblocked.

Fat4all

Banned

Not really.

It could easily be both a Town or Scum situation for just as likely reasons.

Scum stepping forward to get rid of a weak link, or Town pushing forward out of apathy more than anything else at this point.

Faddy

Banned

There have been arguments for other people. Nomadic has carried it by the looks of it. Actually at this point I don't think it is worthwhile even chancing this so I will move to Nomadic

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks

Fat4all

Banned
Here are the facts.

I am roleblocker.

So, you never hit a scum who night killed the same night.

You never hit the voteblocker (except for maybe today).

And you're not told whether or not your role block was successful?

Sorian

Banned
Here are the facts.

I am roleblocker.

It narrows down the voteblocker but doesn't tell us much on scum since they could be switching killers.

SalvaPot

So, you never hit a scum who night killed the same night.

You never hit the voteblocker (except for maybe today).

And you're not told whether or not your role block was successful?
Right. Vote blocker is probably neutral...

Thia game has few pr, it seems.

Kawl_USC

It allows scum a degree of control on the situation. Take a standard scum team with one kill and no other important PRs.

If I claim to target a scum team member, they can withhold their kill. What information do you now gain? You're stuck with wondering did I die because of who I targeted or because scum killed me and my target was town. Even if they were barred from holding their kill, they could just shot me as well for the same one death effect.

Adding in other variables, like a roleblocker, and they could color results by just making sure to roleblock me on nights I announce a scum target and roleblocking elsewhere on nights I announce a town target.

A second mafia kill sounds rare at this point but if they happened to have one, killing me and someone else on a night I announce I'm targeting town nets them a free mislynch.

These little things can be done regardless of if I call my shot but it gives them a lot more info on what the right course of action is to muddy the waters.

if calling your shot prevents a double death night because scum gets cute then that shit is worth it. If they have a role blocker they are sitting on you regardless. Or maybe being a weak cop is already your limitation, or shit we could have a pr that helps fuck scums shit up to.

All your scenarios hinge on them having particular roles that may not exist. You sharing your target can help eliminate a double death night and at least give us some info if you and someone else die

Kawl_USC

Sorian it's your role play it how you wish, I can't drive you to do one or the other, but I really think letting us know who you plan to target is the right play

Verelios

And where do you want to vote? You don't have one out right now.

Not really.

It could easily be both a Town or Scum situation for just as likely reasons.

Scum stepping forward to get rid of a weak link, or Town pushing forward out of apathy more than anything else at this point.

There have been arguments for other people. Nomadic has carried it by the looks of it. Actually at this point I don't think it is worthwhile even chancing this so I will move to Nomadic

VOTE: Nomadic Sparks
Okay, since we're doing this then I don't want vote switching last minute. I figure that this is akin to flipping a coin, but Nomadic is coasting enough that I can quell any unease by saying he plays like scum.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

If I were being honest then I still believe Kawl isn't being entirely sincere and would have a higher confidence in that.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Nomadic Sparks (6) 2 more votes to majority
Sorian 1988
Kawl_USC 2166
The Wizard 2177
Fat4all 2181
Faddy 2219
Verelios 2230

Zeusy (3)
Giant Panda 2089
Penguin 2183
CCS 2199

The Wizard (1)
Penguin 2020 2127
Zeusy 2102

Faddy (1)
Dr. Worm 2098

Kawl_USC (1)
Faddy 2051 2219
Dusk Soldier 2071

Penguin (0): The Wizard 2008 2025

No active vote for Day 5: Nomadic Sparks, SalvaPot

Day 5 Postcount: CCS 10, Dr. Worm 7, Dusk Soldier 8, Faddy 48, Fat4all 31, Giant Panda 10, Kawl_USC 58, Nomadic Sparks 8, Penguin 12, SalvaPot 18, Sorian 37, The Wizard 12, Verelios 11, Zeusy 9

Day 5 ends:
gre_1507845600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Fat4all

Banned
I'd actually agree with Kawl here.

I feel like saying who you intend to target could prevent a double death night, Sorian, and that might be the most important thing at this point.

Or if you survive til tomorrow, at the very least say who you intend to vote for tomorrow before the end of the day.

SalvaPot

How do you know the number of town PR's is what I'm really asking.
Don't be obtuse. You know I am talking about how only I and sorian seem to havr prs. Maybe there is a doctor between the rest of you, but this late of the game if we had another role we should have new info by now.

Sorian

Banned
Only sorian has shown he has a town pr, and even then I am not sure he is actually town.

Your assumption is inherently flawed since CCS is also clearly a PR. The way you said pne more didn't sound like you meant me anyway though.

if calling your shot prevents a double death night because scum gets cute then that shit is worth it. If they have a role blocker they are sitting on you regardless. Or maybe being a weak cop is already your limitation, or shit we could have a pr that helps fuck scums shit up to.

All your scenarios hinge on them having particular roles that may not exist. You sharing your target can help eliminate a double death night and at least give us some info if you and someone else die

They have to have something to counter me. I'll think on this while I have time though. The need to avoid a double death night increases as this goes on.

Fat4all

Banned
Don't be obtuse. You know I am talking about how only I and sorian seem to havr prs. Maybe there is a doctor between the rest of you, but this late of the game if we had another role we should have new info by now.

I wasn't being obtuse, I thought you were talking about PR's in the game as a whole, not only revealed PR's.

Kawl_USC

Your assumption is inherently flawed since CCS is also clearly a PR. The way you said pne more didn't sound like you meant me anyway though.

They have to have something to counter me. I'll think on this while I have time though. The need to avoid a double death night increases as this goes on.
Weak cop can kill themselves night one or two just from luck of the draw. We've gotten the best case out of the role so far. I'm not as convinced as you that there has to be a counter for a weak cop. Especially with no confirmation message. It's a very watered down role already.

Sorian

Banned
Wait, why is Sorian voting nomadic? Didn't hr said he was clean?

No, why in the world would I target the shadow void that is Nomadic? I'm not that much of a gambler with my life.

The other issue with calling early is I need the flip to make a good judge of what to do. The world states are different depending on Nomadic's alignment but I do understand why it's important to avoid two deaths where possible.

Gun to my head, I pick Worm. I think he's town in either scenario. Scum doesn't put their neck on the line butting heads with someone who just claimed cop like he did yesterday (especially in such an awkward way) and his complete anti stance on Nomadic reads town regardless of Nomadic's alignment because if Nomadic is town, why not just join the cop on his crusade for a mislynch and if he is scum, I guess a teammate could try to divert, but this late in the game with no scum deaths, most are fine just bussing for the brownie points.

Top Bottom