• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Sorian

Banned
Just out of classes and need to catch a train now to see some standup a few hours before day end so probably won't be able to participate too much in end of day excitement. Happy to answer questions or respond to theories now and will try to have a strong vote down before becoming inactive.
That's news to me, didn't you get caught out for not knowing the town/scum flavour which would be exposed to all town regardless of PR? I've been treating you as neutral as a result but maybe I read it wrong?

need to catch a train

triggered

Kawl_USC

Unlikely, anything is possible but I wouldn't gamble a lylo on it.
I mean zeusy is in the unreadable territory due to his play style that like nin and Salva slot in. So a scum faddy would move him way further down the list personally. I'm looking for some way to determine his alignment and I don't think his posts are going to give it to me.

If anyone else cares to see em all lined up
Seeing the votes lined up like this one thing which catches my eye is the relationship between Nomadic and Zeusy in terms of posts and vote activity.
Day 1:
Nomadic throws down a low effort vote on Sorian. Later on nomadic puts down a prod vote on Zeusy, seems fine in isolation but might have been a way to establish being against zeusy early on if he flipped scum. Zeusy comes along a bit later and votes Sorian with no reasoning. Could be sheeping nomadics initial vote.
Day 2:
Nomadic starts things off again with a lazy vote on Kalor. Essentially he quoted pandas read list, picked the top option and placed a vote. Zeusy follows along a few posts later with a zero explanation vote on Kalor also. We can see quite a few town later on in this train, perhaps Kalor wasn't intended to be the lynch but simply a place for scum to hide their votes that got carried away and worked in their favour?
Day 3:
Zeusy kicks things off this time, putting his vote on Fat. This coincides with the start of the voteblocks looking like they are trying to setup Fat and town suspicion on him would be quite high after day 2s swerve. Nomadic follows along just 3 posts later with the same vote. Again there's very little context in the vote posts themselves, and only when pressed do they start to provide explanation.
Day 4:
Nomadic still on Fat, Zeusy switches to Faddy. Perhaps because Faddy had been targeting him and this was an omgus vote.

So that's 3/4 days of vote correlation, added to the fact that both player have been cruising by with downright strange posts and are blatantly checked out of the game and helping town (more so Zeusy but can't really think of Nomadic bringing much to the table)
I know we've heard "too dumb to be scum" but a) being assigned scum doesn't suddenly make you a more thoughtful/involved player b) it's a defense that's quite easy to play well, these two are much less town than some of the lynches and yet they've gotten this far so to some extent it could be working.

Thoughts on a potential scum partnership here?

Kawl_USC

Seeing the votes lined up like this one thing which catches my eye is the relationship between Nomadic and Zeusy in terms of posts and vote activity.
Day 1:
Nomadic throws down a low effort vote on Sorian. Later on nomadic puts down a prod vote on Zeusy, seems fine in isolation but might have been a way to establish being against zeusy early on if he flipped scum. Zeusy comes along a bit later and votes Sorian with no reasoning. Could be sheeping nomadics initial vote.
Day 2:
Nomadic starts things off again with a lazy vote on Kalor. Essentially he quoted pandas read list, picked the top option and placed a vote. Zeusy follows along a few posts later with a zero explanation vote on Kalor also. We can see quite a few town later on in this train, perhaps Kalor wasn't intended to be the lynch but simply a place for scum to hide their votes that got carried away and worked in their favour?
Day 3:
Zeusy kicks things off this time, putting his vote on Fat. This coincides with the start of the voteblocks looking like they are trying to setup Fat and town suspicion on him would be quite high after day 2s swerve. Nomadic follows along just 3 posts later with the same vote. Again there's very little context in the vote posts themselves, and only when pressed do they start to provide explanation.
Day 4:
Nomadic still on Fat, Zeusy switches to Faddy. Perhaps because Faddy had been targeting him and this was an omgus vote.

So that's 3/4 days of vote correlation, added to the fact that both player have been cruising by with downright strange posts and are blatantly checked out of the game and helping town (more so Zeusy but can't really think of Nomadic bringing much to the table)
I know we've heard "too dumb to be scum" but a) being assigned scum doesn't suddenly make you a more thoughtful/involved player b) it's a defense that's quite easy to play well, these two are much less town than some of the lynches and yet they've gotten this far so to some extent it could be working.

Thoughts on a potential scum partnership here?
My main issue with most of this is....why would scum be stacking votes? We know now that all three people involved day 2 were town and we haven't lynched scum any other day. I struggle to recall who the other options on day 1 were, but what's the reasoning behind why scum would stack votes on kalor when both fat and zeemumu are town as well? It would just be monumentally sloppy behavior for no reason. Low effort scum play is to spread the votes out not stack if all targets are town.

Faddy

Banned
My main issue with most of this is....why would scum be stacking votes? We know now that all three people involved day 2 were town and we haven't lynched scum any other day. I struggle to recall who the other options on day 1 were, but what's the reasoning behind why scum would stack votes on kalor when both fat and zeemumu are town as well? It would just be monumentally sloppy behavior for no reason. Low effort scum play is to spread the votes out not stack if all targets are town.

Everyone was on one of three people at the end of day 2, except Dusk who is town, Splinter who blacked/town and LoC(Salva) who was absent. So scum votes must be stacked.

Kawl_USC

Everyone was on one of three people at the end of day 2, except Dusk who is town, Splinter who blacked/town and LoC(Salva) who was absent. So scum votes must be stacked.
Right but why would these votes being stacks several days in a row point towards them both being scum. Just because a pattern is found doesn't mean that pattern is pointing to something. To me it seems like wizard went looking for anything that jumped out at him from a kind of surface level analysis. I want the next level analysis on why it would mean they are scum together. Cause I'm not buying his argument as is.

Faddy

Banned
Right but why would these votes being stacks several days in a row point towards them both being scum. Just because a pattern is found doesn't mean that pattern is pointing to something. To me it seems like wizard went looking for anything that jumped out at him from a kind of surface level analysis. I want the next level analysis on why it would mean they are scum together. Cause I'm not buying his argument as is.

You were talking specifically about stacking votes on Kalor. Come on dude.

Like I said I don't think kalor was intended as the lunch target day 2 it was just a happy coincidence for scum that town hopped on their bandwagon. You're right that stacking the votes doesn't make a lot of sense but suppose Nomadic has a strategy of throwing down shots in the dark with little explanation (like the way Sorian and Kalor votes were placed) He doesn't expect to convince anyone so it's unlikely they'll gain momentum. Zeusy is being particularly lazy and just following along without thinking about how it will be perceived. Then on day 2 these two can neatly have some votes placed outside of the town vs. town race (Fat v Zee at the time) and deny culpability while going after whoever survived the race.

I'll admit that to buy into this theory you have to accept that this is bad scum play and that multiple scum players are not interested in coming up with some sort of clever strategy. But just because it is dumb and transparent does not make it implausible, and considering the playstyle of the two players observers I'm not sure why we'd look for smart movements in their votes when their posts have been so lazy.

Kawl_USC

You were talking specifically about stacking votes on Kalor. Come on dude.
I specifically mentioned day 2 as I'm on top of the ball as to who the other options on the table were (all town), I don't really remember who else had suspicion on them day 1, if it's someone who's still kicking and no cleared then my argument loses some steam. Day 3 only zeusy remains unknown. Day 4, it was me or acohrs. I know I'm town so it was another tvt situation in which vote stacking tells me nothing, obviously everyone else doesn't have me as conf town so it's less clear.

Again I wanted wizard to dig into these other details besides day 2 and do some solving and put forth a convincing argument. But again you half read my posts and posts about how wrong I am.

Still Faddy vs. Kawl.

And barely any votes since i last checked in.

And i love how a tiny bit of pressure aimed at Zeusy, and the players on my list all scrambled to quell it.

You guys have been doing this dance for 5 day phases and it's gotten 5 townies practically turboed.

Don't over think this. Make the obvious choice.

Sorian

Banned
I need to sleep a little bit but ill be back before day end. Nothing in this current convo is scaring me off the obvious Nomadic. Zeusy still feels like a shot in the dark to me (which is saying something on its own) but I'll check the climate when I get back.

Faddy

Banned
I need to sleep a little bit but ill be back before day end. Nothing in this current convo is scaring me off the obvious Nomadic. Zeusy still feels like a shot in the dark to me (which is saying something on its own) but I'll check the climate when I get back.

You didn't see this manipulation in the reply to you?

I mean zeusy is in the unreadable territory due to his play style that like nin and Salva slot in. So a scum faddy would move him way further down the list personally. I'm looking for some way to determine his alignment and I don't think his posts are going to give it to me.

Bascially suggesting you target zeusy tonight. The situation I am assuming is 8 town, 5 scum, 1 neutral. If we mislynch, you die and scum kill it is 5,5,1 where scum can come forward and openly recruit the neutral assuming they don't get killed overnight. And even if we get Zeusy from your target it is getting to the stage where a delayed 1 for 1 exchange isn't worth it for us.

Kawl_USC

Hm

Fuck it

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

If it felt certain faddy was scum I think his lynch really helps clear the game up for me by clearing zeusy in my view. But I can't shake the feeling that we are just butting heads and being obstinate townies. His aggression feels sincere to me and I don't think scum faddy does that. If he's scum then well played. And lynching a town faddy here significantly hurts our chances of winning here.

The vote blocking stuff is fishy and nomadic has had some weird posts. There's a couple of theories floated related to nomadic that might give us more information to play off of. If this is a frame job, so be it.

Kawl_USC

You didn't see this manipulation in the reply to you?

Bascially suggesting you target zeusy tonight. The situation I am assuming is 8 town, 5 scum, 1 neutral. If we mislynch, you die and scum kill it is 5,5,1 where scum can come forward and openly recruit the neutral assuming they don't get killed overnight. And even if we get Zeusy from your target it is getting to the stage where a delayed 1 for 1 exchange isn't worth it for us.

Lol no the suggestion there is to lynch your ass to determine zeusy alignment. Or it would be if I was confident that you were scum or that you were doing anything but tunneling on zeusy. But unfortunately I don't believe either of those are true.

And if you think sorian is going to be beholden to anything I say, you are very mistaken lol

Faddy

Banned
Lol no the suggestion there is to lynch your ass to determine zeusy alignment. Or it would be if I was confident that you were scum or that you were doing anything but tunneling on zeusy. But unfortunately I don't believe either of those are true.

And if you think sorian is going to be beholden to anything I say, you are very mistaken lol

How would my lynch tell you anything about zeusy alignment. I have put out as much evidence as possible, picked up as many scummy trends as I could so when I flip town how does that tell you any more about zeusy than now.

Kawl_USC

How would my lynch tell you anything about zeusy alignment. I have put out as much evidence as possible, picked up as many scummy trends as I could so when I flip town how does that tell you any more about zeusy than now.
Okay let me put this simply for you then.

I don't believe scum faddy goes in so ham on scum zeusy like you have been since day 2. I would put it at like 95% of not being a W/W interaction. So if you were to flip scum, zeusy slots in juuust below the cop confirmed townies.

However, I do believe that town faddy would go in this hard on town zeusy. I'm not convinced by your arguments, and wouldn't be any more convinced by them if you flip town because despite them being sincere in that case, you've been textbook tunneling since day 2. Or zeusy is scum, you're town and your right. But you flipping town doesn't help differentiate between those cases.

So you flipping scum tips me off to zueys alignment. You flipping town does not.

To be fair, zeusy flipping scum would pseudo clear you in my eyes.

Faddy

Banned
Okay let me put this simply for you then.

I don't believe scum faddy goes in so ham on scum zeusy like you have been since day 2. I would put it at like 95% of not being a W/W interaction. So if you were to flip scum, zeusy slots in juuust below the cop confirmed townies.

However, I do believe that town faddy would go in this hard on town zeusy. I'm not convinced by your arguments, and wouldn't be any more convinced by them if you flip town because despite them being sincere in that case, you've been textbook tunneling since day 2. Or zeusy is scum, you're town and your right. But you flipping town doesn't help differentiate between those cases.

So you flipping scum tips me off to zueys alignment. You flipping town does not.

To be fair, zeusy flipping scum would pseudo clear you in my eyes.

Zeusy is doing nothing. Why not do it the other way about. Flip zeusy and he is scum then you can confirm me town. I wonder how that solution didn't come to your mind..

Kawl_USC

Zeusy is doing nothing. Why not do it the other way about. Flip zeusy and he is scum then you can confirm me town. I wonder how that solution didn't come to your mind..
Because I think you're tunneling and zeusy is town. Like holy shit dude I can't say it any clearer.

Kawl_USC

Explain your town read on zeusy. You JUST SAID you couldn't determine his alignment from his posts.
It's almost completely gut. It appears to me that he doesn't give a shit about this game in a way that usually is just disinterested town. Just like at this point my town read of you is gut reading your aggression towards me as sincere and not something scum would put out. And the problem with zeusy is that any read on him will be gut. That's what I meant with can't determine alignment from his posts.

I think other Lynchs are more fruitful for us to pursue.

Faddy

Banned
It's almost completely gut. It appears to me that he doesn't give a shit about this game in a way that usually is just disinterested town. Just like at this point my town read of you is gut reading your aggression towards me as sincere and not something scum would put out. And the problem with zeusy is that any read on him will be gut. That's what I meant with can't determine alignment from his posts.

I think other Lynchs are more fruitful for us to pursue.

I can't wait for Kawl to be "correct" about Nomadic and attempt to use that town cred tomorrow.

After mulling it over I like Nomadic best due to my post above and the voteblock shennagians. It seems like the right time for scum to use voteblocj on themselves to feign innocence.

Vote: Nomadic Sparks

Shows about to start so not sure I'll be back before day end, might be able to tune back in right near the end depending on timing but if not good luck!

Kawl_USC

It's also a little annoying for this to have mainly just been the faddy and kawl show here today. We have 2 hours before day end. Let's get some voooootes

Fat4all

Banned
A Nomadic flip could tell us a bit, probably a bit more than a Zeusy flip.

While there’s tangible lines drawn with the Zeusy flip currently (if they flip town, that could lean towards Faddy being scum, if they flip scum, that could lead to Kawl being scum), I don’t think that’s a clear cut guarantee. Unless Kawl or Faddy is channeling batsnacks, I doubt either of them as a scum would bat this hard to save a scummate or connect themselves with a scummate in any way. If either was scum and so was Zeusy, then they’d likely let’s what happen to them just happen to avoid any potential attention going into the next day. In the end I’d wager either both Faddy and Kawl are Town, or both are scum and pulling some Jedi mind trick fuckery, though that seems extremely unlikely.

If I was to guess who the most obvious scum team is right now, id assume its;

Zeusy
Nomadic
Dr. Worm
Penguin
and a wild card of either Kawl or Salva

But my worry is that the scum team has actually been playing this a lot smarter than I’m assuming, and instead it’s something a bit more devious, where they’ve been able to play in extremely town-like ways without having to compromise that veneer because town’s been playing so poorly :/

If that’s the case, then it could be a much more varied scum team, with some players coasting while others are doing heavy lifting. They are probably expecting to lose dead weight with Zeusy or Nomadic being lynched as well.

A little less than two hours left, I’ll be around all through the end of the day.

SalvaPot

I am a bit busy today so I am afraid I won't make the end (I'll try).

I'm ok with a Nomadic lynch, but take into account that I visited him last night.

Penguin

Hmm

I suspected nomadic before but realized was just reading his activity wrong and he is a lot more active.

I do have some suspicion of zeusy though

vote: zeusy

I'll try and check in before end of day, but at a work event for next three hours

Faddy

Banned
Anyone have anything to say with an hour to go?

Not really. I want to hear from Salva but otherwise it looks like it is going to be Nomadic and that is fine with me.

I don't think that the silence is necessarily a bad thing. If 5 out of 9 players are scum there is very little avenue for a counter attack so scum might have cut their losses. Or we are wrong and screwed, but if that was the case we might have seen a steadier trickle of votes just in case.

At this point, Zeusy and Nomadic both sound reasonable to me. It's getting really frustrating flailing around trying to get our first scum, I hope we find one soon and that things will become easier once we get a thread to start to pull on.

Kawl_USC

Please choose the least scummy person in your mind sorian. I know I don't need to tell you, but 2 greens are worth more than a red at this point.

Sorian

Banned
I am a bit busy today so I am afraid I won't make the end (I'll try).

I'm ok with a Nomadic lynch, but take into account that I visited him last night.

Hmm, people dropping in line feels a touch concerning. Probably wasting my breath but what does this even mean and why do I care? I can't tell if it means anything when you visit someone.

Faddy

Banned
I'm kind of scraping the barrel over here.

I would say look at the math. If we miss today don't take a risk but I would call the shot because I don't think we can second guess your accuracy otherwise we would need to call into question every other read

Sorian

Banned
I would say look at the math. If we miss today don't take a risk but I would call the shot because I don't think we can second guess your accuracy otherwise we would need to call into question every other read

Me being wrong doesn't call anything else into question.

Top Bottom