• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Also here's why Zeusy is full of shite and therefore 99% scum.
So you're the reason I lost my bulletproof!!!
This is his first big mistake. Instead of attacking me in retaliation by calling bullshit he instead acknowledges my story as credible. Which means if you believe Zeusy here you have to also believe I attacked him n5 and he received notice that his bulletproof status wore off. Which means on day 6 Zeusy would have had to have known he was attacked and said nothing. With only one death a night so far Zeusy would have known there was a second killing party and kept it quiet. This makes no damn sense, in particular for someone who jumps into the thread whenever targeted: he was LITERALLY targeted to be killed and kept it hush? I don't buy it.
So just to repeat if you currently believe I am scum and Zeusy is town then you have to a) believe Zeusy is telling the truth b) believe scum was able to target two people in one night somehow. If you think I'm town and telling the truth and Zeusy is also telling the truth you have to believe his entire very shaky claim. Or we could go with the simplest (correct) call: I'm town and Zeusy is lying because he's scum with some form of night protection and he's scared he's been rattled.
And then we have these chestnuts of extra lies on top:
Yup, lynched or night kill, I was safe from being killed once
This is a bit pedantic but I believe from looking it up immunity to lynch or nk should be called deathproof not bulletproof. I don't think the mods would make the term more confusing than necessary and Zeusy cleared used bulletproof in his post, likely just parroting what he thought I wanted to hear.
I've been using my ability every night, it's just I never protected the correct person 😧
So apparently Zeusy not only has the ability to survive a lynch and/or a night kill just once, he ALSO has the ability to save a townie every night. Conveniently he has failed every night, never managing to prevent a kill. And he failed to produce a list quickly from his PMs, because he hasn't been paying enough attention to quickly rattle off a plausible target list. If we get one later is it likely coming from scum chat and won't tell us anything useful, I mainly asked to see if a speedy response was possible which it was not.

Then we have the general implausibility of his fake-ass role. For one thing I feel like in general the roles we have aren't too powerful, Zeusys would be by far the most powerful in the game if it is real as it saves two targets from the night kill every night until he gets hit. And allows him to bait the mislynch and get valuable voting info. On top of that we have claims of a roleblocker, a confirmed driver and a claimed commuter which already cover all the disruption of target roles town could need imo. In fact if two players were immune every night then this would actively poison the info derived from the roleblocker and driver. No kills? must have blocked scum or they targeted the commuter! no wait town was just immune for some reason. non-helpful.
In fact with two redirect abilities and a vigilante there's really only one place I see a bulletproof mechanic fitting in this game. On the scum team, in Zeusy.
5KUN4vn.gif

Vote: Zeusy

Fat4all

Banned
Also here's why Zeusy is full of shite and therefore 99% scum.

This is his first big mistake. Instead of attacking me in retaliation by calling bullshit he instead acknowledges my story as credible. Which means if you believe Zeusy here you have to also believe I attacked him n5 and he received notice that his bulletproof status wore off. Which means on day 6 Zeusy would have had to have known he was attacked and said nothing. With only one death a night so far Zeusy would have known there was a second killing party and kept it quiet. This makes no damn sense, in particular for someone who jumps into the thread whenever targeted: he was LITERALLY targeted to be killed and kept it hush? I don't buy it.
So just to repeat if you currently believe I am scum and Zeusy is town then you have to a) believe Zeusy is telling the truth b) believe scum was able to target two people in one night somehow. If you think I'm town and telling the truth and Zeusy is also telling the truth you have to believe his entire very shaky claim. Or we could go with the simplest (correct) call: I'm town and Zeusy is lying because he's scum with some form of night protection and he's scared he's been rattled.
And then we have these chestnuts of extra lies on top:

This is a bit pedantic but I believe from looking it up immunity to lynch or nk should be called deathproof not bulletproof. I don't think the mods would make the term more confusing than necessary and Zeusy cleared used bulletproof in his post, likely just parroting what he thought I wanted to hear.

So apparently Zeusy not only has the ability to survive a lynch and/or a night kill just once, he ALSO has the ability to save a townie every night. Conveniently he has failed every night, never managing to prevent a kill. And he failed to produce a list quickly from his PMs, because he hasn't been paying enough attention to quickly rattle off a plausible target list. If we get one later is it likely coming from scum chat and won't tell us anything useful, I mainly asked to see if a speedy response was possible which it was not.

Then we have the general implausibility of his fake-ass role. For one thing I feel like in general the roles we have aren't too powerful, Zeusys would be by far the most powerful in the game if it is real as it saves two targets from the night kill every night until he gets hit. And allows him to bait the mislynch and get valuable voting info. On top of that we have claims of a roleblocker, a confirmed driver and a claimed commuter which already cover all the disruption of target roles town could need imo. In fact if two players were immune every night then this would actively poison the info derived from the roleblocker and driver. No kills? must have blocked scum or they targeted the commuter! no wait town was just immune for some reason. non-helpful.
In fact with two redirect abilities and a vigilante there's really only one place I see a bulletproof mechanic fitting in this game. On the scum team, in Zeusy.
5KUN4vn.gif

You bring up a lot of the same thoughts I've had floating around my head the last couple of hours or so.

At first I thought Zeusy's claim of Bulletproof was very likely, considering that your Vig shot should have hit someone, even if it was switched somehow, but Zeusy bringing up that it also protected them from the lynch made me raise my eyebrow.

Then I considered their doctor-like claim, of an ability that could be used every night. I considered the possibility that they used that ability on themselves to protect against the Vig shot, but no mater what I look up I couldn't find a protective ability of that nature that can self-target. There is a chance we are dealing with some variant ability, but I doubt that. I think it more likely the Vig shot was countered or diverted in another way, maybe by another scum member who protected Zeusy.

I'm leaning towards voting Zeusy as well, but I recommend we don't put too many votes down on any one person until we get a bit more of a consensus.

There's 24 hours left in the day.

Fat4all

Banned
Also, lynching Sorian would give us the exact same odds of failure tomorrow as a mislynch would, so The Wizard is right on that front as well. Best just ignore Sorian for now.

Fat4all

Banned
Technically, lynching Sorian would be a bit safer than mislynching because of the likelihood of opening up some protective roles they might otherwise manipulate, but it's still best to try to hit scum today over them.

What we have so far with 24 hours to go
---

22 players (10 remaining)

with ten players remaining the highest amount of scum posible in play at the moment would be 4, but I think a 4 total scum makes more sense for the size of this game so I'm assuming we have 3 left to snag.

Confirmed PRs

2 town Masons

1 town Lynch Bomb

1 town Switcher

1 scum minion

Claimed PRs

01. Sorian [m] - neutral witch

15. Faddy [m] - 3-shot town commuter shots used N1, N5, N6

16. SalvaPot [m] - town-aligned role blocker "and more"

11. The Wizard [m] - town-aligned vigilante
N5-> Zeusy, N6-> Verelios

07. Zeusy [m] - town-aligned doctor w/ 1-shot deathproof "bulletproof"

1 Scum?-aligned vote blocker.

I think these final four are where we should primarily be focused for scum hunting. As scum would be reluctant to fake-claim too early as so they couldn't be counter-claimed.

02. Dr. Worm [m] -

03. Dusk Soldier [m] -

18. Fat4all [m] -

19. Giant Panda [m] -

---
thoughts on our claimants so far...

Don't want to deal with the headache that is Sorian right now. I would prefer to give that a day to hopefully sort itself out as it's monopolising too much of the discussion. As it stands now, his claimed ability is too similar to Kawl's and he hasn't explained his win condition or how his ability would tie into that.

I'm guessing Verelios knew the identities of his teammates, but they didn't know his. That's how minions usually work. The scum team may have a investigative power to help them locate Verelios.

The Wizard's vigilante claim helps explain the rather odd kill choice last night, but it's not typical for a vigilante to get two shots. Nor is it normal to give scum a role to protect them from vigilante killers.

Zeusy's deathproof/bulletproof claim conveniently corroborates Wizard's vigilante story. It's a bit odd that we're only finding out about both things now, however D5 lasted less than 24 hours so they may not have gotten a real chance to bring it up. A bullet proof doctor could make sense if scum has a strongman kill to counter it. However to date Zeusy still hasn't provided us with a list of his night targets

We still haven't seen an investigative role this game, and with town getting Masons + a secret scum member + no one counter-claiming Sorian's cop claim highly points to the possibility of a scum cop as their mystery 2nd PR.

---

Salva, I know Sorian said he interfered with your powers, but who did you target last night?

We have to consider that that may in fact be our scum goon.

You bring up a lot of the same thoughts I've had floating around my head the last couple of hours or so.
I'm leaning towards voting Zeusy as well, but I recommend we don't put too many votes down on any one person until we get a bit more of a consensus.

There's 24 hours left in the day.
Way I see it if the 5 townies gang up on the one person with the highest likelihood of being scum we force scums hand. If they want to keep their numbers they would need to rely on Sorian and tie the vote. Otherwise they need to vote on the scum too to avoid arousing suspicion. It's a win-win, the hard part is convincing town to agree with each other. For me the highest confidence I have out of anyone is scum is definitely Zeusy, like more than double the next best bet for me. Simply put if I apply the sentence "It's possible ____ is telling the truth and is therefore not scum" to every member he's the one ringing the most alarm bells by far.
It's safe enough to have one vote down, once we hit 2 scum can hijack us to a mislynch. That said if you are town and considering Zeusy I wouldn't mind seeing some spiritual +1 votes to get a sense of where we stand. Similarly if a more convincing argument shows up in the next 24h I'd switch vote, but it would really have to be something and not just a hypothetical.

SalvaPot

Yeah, I was lying about that, I actually targeted Faddy.

I just wanted to see how Sorian would react to me saying I didn't targeted anyone.

Also I don't believe that Sorian is actually a witch, he could simply be a Jester that wants us to kill him, so he made sure to prove as annoying as possible while also claiming he can redirect attacks. I think its bullshit because what would happen if he chose Kawl to be redirected? Would he had to choose two people two transport?

The only way it makes sense is if he is a cop to know the ability, AND a witch to redirect AND a Jester to want to die.

Oh, and Zeuzy is complete full of shit, I am lynching him today for sure.

SalvaPot

Salva said he didn't use his power last night.

I'm Pencilvester, Beloved Town Parasite.

If I die the next day will be a double lynch day.

So the top two voted players die? Interesting.

Also, I wonder how a vigilante playing into a tie situation. Technically, even if we are tied, if we have a vigilante or a roleblocker we can still win.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah, I was lying about that, I actually targeted Faddy.

I just wanted to see how Sorian would react to me saying I didn't targeted anyone.

Also I don't believe that Sorian is actually a witch, he could simply be a Jester that wants us to kill him, so he made sure to prove as annoying as possible while also claiming he can redirect attacks. I think its bullshit because what would happen if he chose Kawl to be redirected? Would he had to choose two people two transport?

The only way it makes sense is if he is a cop to know the ability, AND a witch to redirect AND a Jester to want to die.

Oh, and Zeuzy is complete full of shit, I am lynching him today for sure.

It's funny how much you are assuming. I just want to take two swings off your golf game Salva.

SalvaPot

It's funny how much you are assuming. I just want to take two swings off your golf game Salva.

I mean, the most simple solution is that you are just a jester. Have you seen a jester with the power of a witch?

That is a very convenient power to claim to make town fear you.

Also if you are a jester and you get us to kill us, some variations can kill back one of the other players who voted for him, pretty much guaranteeing a scum win.

Sorian

Banned
This shouldn't be hard, all of town has to vote together to actually lynch scum. Do the right thing and I'll be here.

Final warning.

Sorian

Banned
We are not voting you. Not even as a joke. If that is what you wanted, congratulations, you won.

I don't plan to get lynched, I plan to lynch town.

Don't bus now, I'm working with very limited mod verified information and I'm very easily confused.

of course he didn't

---

in regards to votes I'm sticking to the list but I want to see what Dr. Worm has to say about all this before throwing a vote down.
There's a fun little quirk that can be inferred about what happened to worm that makes him unique from other players. I'm not sure which way it leans though so I don't really want to comment on it until we hear from him.

Penguin

I'm not liking these late game claims that we can't prove or not worth proving as we need to clear out scum today.

And just to put cards on the table, I'm a ordinary town

With the power to... vote

I feel unspecial.

SalvaPot

I'm not liking these late game claims that we can't prove or not worth proving as we need to clear out scum today.

And just to put cards on the table, I'm a ordinary town

With the power to... vote

I feel unspecial.

Its the late game, this is the moment to reveal, point out your gambles, and check consistency and cracks.

After that it just goes down to scum hunting.

What is your stance on the zeuzy?

Penguin

Its the late game, this is the moment to reveal, point out your gambles, and check consistency and cracks.

After that it just goes down to scum hunting.

What is your stance on the zeuzy?

I think it makes sense for his play in hindsight, but again hard to prove

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (1)
The Wizard 2552

Sorian (1)
Sorian 2484 2559
Sorian 2570

Dusk Soldier (0): SalvaPot 2512 2554

No active vote for Day 7: Dr. Worm, Dusk Soldier, Faddy, Fat4all, Giant Panda, Penguin, SalvaPot (has previously voted), Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 4, Dusk Soldier 11, Faddy 10, Fat4all 16, Giant Panda 4, Penguin 9, SalvaPot 19, Sorian 19, The Wizard 16, Zeusy 7

Day 7 ends:
gre_1508364000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

I'm Space Monkey, an ordinary parasite.

Zeusy's claim to me doesn't make sense. Why bother protecting Fat night 2 or Kawl night 5? It's convenient that you protected CCS, the most confirmed town, on only one night, just not the right one. It's also curious that you never bothered protecting Sorian when everyone thought he was a cop. Like all of your recent protections should been between CCS or Sorian.

That combined with a deathproof is too much to believe.

Dr. Worm

Banned
alright I guess

I'm a Voyeur Photography Raptor

N1 - CCS
N2 - Zeemumu
N3 - CCS
N4 - Sorian (Set Up from Kawl)
N5 - Faddy
N6 - The Wizard

didn't see anything except N4

Fat4all

Banned
alright I guess

N1 - CCS
N2 - Zeemumu
N3 - CCS
N5 - Faddy
N6 - The Wizard

If this is accurate, that would mean nobody targeted The Wizard last night. Unless something interfered with your ability, that would give credence to Zeusy having a bulletproof vest or sommit similar.

alright I guess

N1 - CCS
N2 - Zeemumu
N3 - CCS
N5 - Faddy
N6 - The Wizard

What sort of info did you get on n4?
Also you were one of the 3 players not to vote yesterday, any reason for that?

Salva said he didn't use his power last night.

I'm Pencilvester, Beloved Town Parasite.

If I die the next day will be a double lynch day.
Hmm interesting the two main variations of beloved I can find are +1 votes to reach majority and a beloved princess where if you died/ are lynched the next day phase gets skipped. That said what you're claiming doesn't feel too far from the spirit of that so I don't think you are lying just because I couldn't see a previous example.
If this is accurate, that would mean nobody targeted The Wizard last night. Unless something interfered with your ability, that would give credence to Zeusy having a bulletproof vest or sommit similar.
Well n6 I was on Vere not Faddy so I don't expect I was visited.

Speaking of Vere isn't it interesting that nobody was voteblocked today? Two main reasons I can think scum would hold off on voteblock: they knew they held majority with a silent partner but weren't confident who it was. Therefore n6 they passed on nk and voteblock and hoped for the best. The alternative is they want to make town think they have run out of voteblocks so that we don't consider it when looking at possible outcomes tomorrow.

Fat4all

Banned
Speaking of Vere isn't it interesting that nobody was voteblocked today? Two main reasons I can think scum would hold off on voteblock: they knew they held majority with a silent partner but weren't confident who it was. Therefore n6 they passed on nk and voteblock and hoped for the best. The alternative is they want to make town think they have run out of voteblocks so that we don't consider it when looking at possible outcomes tomorrow.

Considering the number of times it’s been used I doubt they’d think that would work against us. I’d actually wager that the vote blocker themselves were blocked in some way, either because of Salva, or because they targeted Faddy.

I’m also convinced the vote blocker is scum.

DAY 7 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Zeusy (2)
The Wizard 2552
Giant Panda 2585

Sorian (1)
Sorian 2484 2559
Sorian 2570

Dusk Soldier (0): SalvaPot 2512 2554

No active vote for Day 7: Dr. Worm, Dusk Soldier, Faddy, Fat4all, Penguin, SalvaPot (has previously voted), Zeusy

Day 7 Postcount: Dr. Worm 5, Dusk Soldier 11, Faddy 10, Fat4all 19, Giant Panda 5, Penguin 9, SalvaPot 20, Sorian 21, The Wizard 18, Zeusy 7

Day 7 ends:
gre_1508364000.png

Automated vote tally here

6 votes for majority

Fat's claimed version of beloved could possibly have been beneficial for town near the beginning of the game, as we still had the numbers to likely get two of our own choices, but that ability quickly becomes a benefit for scum I'd think. It wouldn't be hard for scum to direct where the second lynch goes if it's just towards the second highest vote getter.

I'm ambivalent about the claim. It seems possible enough I guess. Zeusy's is more straight-up ridiculous.

Penguin

alright I guess

N1 - CCS
N2 - Zeemumu
N3 - CCS
N5 - Faddy
N6 - The Wizard

What did you get on Sorian?

Also does the other party get any type of confirmation aside from when killed? Maybe people can help confirm some of these claims

Slept through the phase
Yeah I missed the vote yesterday for similar reasons, at least today we've had more day for discussion. Do you think it's odd that you were targeted by the voteblock twice? Seems like if scum had that much confidence you were town they would have killed you last night. Strange..

Top Bottom