• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 6 Hands-On..

Striek

Nothing really much there, just its the Ridge Racer we've come to know and love.
The game's track and car design fit right into the standard Ridge Racer aesthetic, though the overall visual quality of everything has been bumped up a bit. The game already has a good, smooth frame rate, and it manages to convey the game's high speed pretty well.
I wonder what "a bit" is...doesn't sound too positive.

Chi-Town

Optimistic said:
They avoid commenting on the graphics. It must look pretty bad.

"The game's track and car design fit right into the standard Ridge Racer aesthetic, though the overall visual quality of everything has been bumped up a bit. The game already has a good, smooth frame rate, and it manages to convey the game's high speed pretty well."

xexex

Banned
*head explodes*

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

60 FPS Ridge Racer racing action with familar style of tracks single-handedly assure RR6 will destroy PGR3........ and yes i know 60FPS was not confirmed for RR6 but I am just assuming......

more info needed, pictures, video GOD FUCKING DAMNIT! :D

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
-----------------------------------

Chitown - read between the lines. It says "the overall visual quality of everything has been bumped up a bit". As in, it barely looks better than current gen, hasn't blown us away, and, well, we'll quickly move on top other things because we don't ahve anything nice to say.

Matlock

Banned
I've seen screens.

No, I can't show any of you.

No, I don't know when embargo is up, although I'm assuming tomorrow.

VPhys

Chi-Town said:
though the overall visual quality of everything has been bumped up a bit.

Hmm.

"Bumped up a bit" is not what I consider to be next generation. "Bumped up a bit" is Halo 1 to Halo 2, certainly not worth a $400 upgrade. But alas, I'm a sucker with money to burn.

Doube D

Matlock said:
I've seen screens.

Then wtf is the point of your post? At least tell us what it looks like graphically (say compared to pgr3).

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Matlock said:
I've seen screens.

Teh insider?!?! Seriously, have anything to tell us? Then who fucking cares.

Diablos

I'm always excited to hear about another Ridge Racer. It's simple, yeah, but it's also a good old fashioned arcade racer IMO. Can't wait for some screens.

Hopefully, this gen, nobody will be crying over "jaggies" :lol
Oh man, that was so long ago. Or was it? :|

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm uploading a gameplay video now, shaky cam though. It looks a lot like the PSP version with high resolution everything.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Hell, it can look like a current-gen game, and they'll get my $60. Ridge Racer over Live, that's all I need to know.

quoted for....aww phuggit, you know the rest.

GIVE US THE GOODS ON FF WHEEL SUPPORT!!!!

isamu

Blimblim said:
I'm uploading a gameplay video now, shaky cam though. It looks a lot like the PSP version with high resolution everything.

So you're saying it DOESN'T look like the FMV RR4 intro???????????????????????

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm just saying that the visual style seems to me like the PSP version. Of course the visuals are much better. Not on PGR3's level though, that's for sure.
Isamu: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I thought the PSP version actually looked better than the PS2 RRV at times...

but all that being said, it doesn't bode well for a 'next gen' game :(

People bitch because PGR3 sacrifices frame rate for detail.

Now people will bitch because RR6 does what they want for PGR3, emphasizing performance and gameplay over teh pretty.

Mrbob

Hmm, I think the game looks pretty good.

It is running at 60fps. ;)

However, is this a port of Ridge Racer on PSP? I remember that track from the PSP version. Granted, the PSP version is the only Ridge Racer I have played. If it is a console version of Ridge Racers PSP then I'm disappointed 'cause I have that game already.

Shompola

Banned
It didnt have sound for me for whatever reason.. Graphics, good but nothing special... I think it looks good mostly thanks to the art direction more than anything else. I think technically it looks like OutRun 2.

Just downloaded now and thought it looked rather nice. Looks to have a very solid feel to the graphics along with nice lighting, shadowing and texturing and by the look of that clip 720p seems to do it wonders.

give us EVERY track from RR1-5/psp plus maybe 10-15 new expanses of ridge city/ridge country and thats enough. all music and LIVE play too.

robox

so what are the chances of it being a rage racer sequel? diminishing? c'mon namco... do the right thing...

xexex

Banned
Just Saw the video!

finally, after 10 years, the texture mapping of Rave Racer has been surpassed in a Ridge Racer game

(and no way, PS2 RRV and PSP Ridge Racers textures are not as good as 1995's Rave Racer)

SuperPac

I love RR on the PSP. And yeah it looks very similar but I like the high detail to the 360 version. It's online, right? I may have to add that to my list...

Top Bottom