• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 6 Hands-On..

Trojan X

Banned
isamu said:
Just got done watching the video........

ridgeracerholycrap9mx.jpg

OH....MY.....GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! BlimBlim, are you positive you're not under the influence???? Cuz this game looks ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BADASS!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't look as good as PGR3?????? ARE YOU OUTTA YOUR FUCKING MIND???????? This game takes a massive, Mt. Fuji-size dump from Mars on PGR3!!!!! PGR3 has just been raped by a dildo the size of a FIVE FOOTBALL FIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD I JUST PEED AND JIZZED AT THE SAME!

This game is going to be nothing short of RIDICULOUSY OUTSTANDING!!! 60FPS AND those kind of visuals??? It's OVER!!!!!!!!!!! And Xexex is absolutely righ....the textures are the cleanest textures yet!!!!! They're so clean I'm drying myself off with them!!

OMFG DID YOU GUYS WATCH THE SAME VIDEO I JUST DID???? The graphics are an eye candy tour de-fucking-force!!! I want to eat them all right now, spit them out and then eat them again!!!!!

BlimBlim I cannot thank you enough for this vid!!!! You are BY FAR the greatest GAFFER in the history of the forum!!!!!!!! Way to go man!!!!!!!!!

*goes back to watching the vid at least 261 more times*

atom-bomb-orange2.gif

Did I mention I just bought a plane ticket to Japan so I can go to Namco Headquarters and felat the entire RR6 dev team to the fucking max????

stormrock2nl.gif
stormrock2nl.gif
stormrock2nl.gif
stormrock2nl.gif
stormrock2nl.gif

OMFG I think I'm pregnant with the producer of RR6's baby!!!!!!

....wait a minute.....it moved!!!

LOL! You cracked me up! :D

Anyway, I can honestly say that RR6 is DEFINITELY 60fps and everything looks great!

It looks like a excellent new entry in the series that sticks mostly to traditional Ridge Racer style and gameplay, but using Xbox 360 power. Exactly what I was looking for.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I think it's pretty clear in my video that the game is 60 fps. I have a pal camcorder so it's only 50 fps, but there are no duplicate frames.

Trojan X

Banned
... I dunno why, but that girl looks like that she needs a spanking and she may probably LOVE it. Hmm... Nice chest too.. urm.. *cough cough. *shout out - pervert* Sorry.

Blimblim: There you go. Now if you go back to that PGR3 high res 60fps video trailer of a 30fps game then you would be able to see a massive different between the too. 60fps for racing games is a MASSIVE must!

If I was M$ I would push more on RR6 and give BC more time to bump the game up to 60fps. RR is VERY WELL received in both US and Europe and it is a much bigger name than PGR so they wouldn't be losing anything at all. This way, at least everyone would be happy - but here's hoping that RR6 IS a kickass game for it needs to be.

jett

D-Member
Is this game early or something? When the car the goes under a bridge or something its shadow doesn't cast on the car. Looks nice, though. It's just what I thought it'd be, an upgraded Ridge Racers.

BTW Trojan, PGR3 outsold RRV like 5 to 1. :p

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Haters can suck it. I think it looks good and can't wait to play it online :D ONLINE

shit, you would think gameplay didn't matter anymore.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'd love to see more pics or video of the game from the 3rd person. blim, didnt you say you had capped one yesterday?

also, does this demo have any sort of replay after a finished race? i'd kill to see that as well

ourumov

Jejeje...judging from the first pic she isn't very good at RR series... :) :) :) Pretty girl though.

Shit...Why do you post those pics that remind us our shitty existence ?

raYne

05v.jpg

Hmm.. apparently the game is so fast that the guy next to her got his chin pushed back into his head.

That's the 60fps difference!

xexex

Banned
raYne said:
05v.jpg

Hmm.. apparently the game is so fast that the guy next to her got his chin pushed back into his head.

That's the 60fps difference!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i didnt want to laugh, but staring at that guy, then seeing the girl laughing in the same pic set me off :lol

Damn RR6 looks fucking ACE.

Dunno why so many "insiders" hinted the game would underwhelm... It actually looks better than I thought it would. Based on those pics & the fact the game is 60fps, RR6 already smokes PGR3 ten times over.

We need some comparison shots of RRV and RR6, the graphical difference is huge IMO.

<3 NAMCO <3

Trojan X

Banned
jett said:
Is this game early or something? When the car the goes under a bridge or something its shadow doesn't cast on the car. Looks nice, though. It's just what I thought it'd be, an upgraded Ridge Racers.

BTW Trojan, PGR3 outsold RRV like 5 to 1. :p

Out of curiousity can you prove that?

Hehe! Its funny how most of you got your eyes on that Japanese girl instead of talking about the game. But I don't blame you; I'd rather go for yummy poompoom first then hardcore gaming second any day!

Mrbob

Me likely the new video too! I notice you drift to boost up your nitro gauge just like the PSP version! I like the PSP Ridge Racer. Still want a ton of new tracks, but since this is called Ridge Racer 6 I expect there will be plenty!

What are the chances of this game being launch?

I need to know the X360 launch because I need to prioritize my buy list. :)

RR6 > PGR3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NFS MW

Seriously, MS, delay PGR3 by a couple of months and let RR6 shine. You're just splitting each games sales by having both at launch. Plus, from what we've heard, Bizarre could use an extra month or two.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Sal Paradise Jr said:
Seriously, MS, delay PGR3 by a couple of months and let RR6 shine. You're just splitting each games sales by having both at launch. Plus, from what we've heard, Bizarre could use an extra month or two.

QFTW*

Yes Microsoft.....Delay PGR3 and let it get the additional dev time it needs.....this way you not only have an A title Q1 2006 but there are PLENTLY of Racing games at launch as it is! (Test Drive, Need4Speed, Ridge) and this would give them some breathing room for some good sales :)

*Quoted For The Win

That video looks great. I will have this at launch. PGR3 is already in my bundle (assuming it's a launch title), but I can pretty much guarantee this will be getting more play time. There's something pick up and play fun about ridge racer that other racers can't seem to match.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I think they will push this back, not because of the framerate, but because Ridge Racer 6 and Need for Speed is there. No need to compete with them. Release it later on and as a result, the frame rate is up to 60fps. They have kickass titles and they said they will spread them out. I'm sure this will be one of them. I look forward to playing this. This will be my first Ridge Racer

callous

Jesus Christ. I was going to just wait for the PS3 version, but after watching the video I don't know if I can hold off on buying a 360 :/ I knew I shouldn't have watched it. RR never fails.

trmas

Banned
Does it not take long to put other cars on the track? I haven't seen cars other than your own in any of the videos. Is it just your car running around the track in the demo.

Or do these players suck so bad they can't even catch the competition.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Guys....at first it appeared I had lost fellow brethren, my RR partner in crime, my other RR half, WhippenDean. I was worried he would defect from the RR organization and drown his head in sorrow and leave us forever. Here's what he had to say a couple days ago:

WhippenSean said:
"It's been a long year
Since you've been gone
I've been alone here
I've grown old
I fall to pieces, I'm falling
Fell to pieces and I'm still falling"

Fall to Peices - Velvet Revolver

---------------

Ridge Racer 6 is here

Whippin Sean finally saw Ridge Racer 6 in motion last night... and how does Whip feel about it?

Absolutly fucking horrible. Namco truly is dead and has been for quite some time. What happened to putting a little pride into all of your games?

Is everything taken for granted these days? Where did the memories go?

Ridge Racer 6 looks like it plays exactly like Ridge Racer PSP, which is not a good thing. See, it moves too smoothly, the cars and slides just seem too smooth. They should have a little more Ridge to them. If you are unsure as to what I am talking about, go play RRV. The cars bobble up and down during certain powerslides, can twist and twitch really fast in and out of corners.

Just... just don't let me explain it anymore. I can't put it into words, but it just doesn't feel the same as the old Ridge Racers, it is much more simplified making it so anybody can win at it. On Live, this will be terrible. Absolutly terrible. There really is not challenge. You can literally drift all around the whole course if you wanted to. In Ridge Racers past, they limited that by reducing speeds drastically during long drifts... not in RR6.

I won't even comment on the non next gen graphics.

Whippin Sean is a broken man tonight and probably now forever. He's had his expecations broken and taken away for the last time.

Ridge Racer 6 as it stands right now, is a complete fucking failure. I will wait for new screen shots and videos, but if it has the same ugly car models as in PSP and same boring ass tracks that are recycled in ever Ridge game... ah fuck it... you know it will!

Don't even try to tell me anything about Ridge Racer 6 or any other Ridge Racer, I don't want to hear about anything from anybody on this subject.

Just know this... I have been let down for the last time by people, things, places, experiences that once used to be a grand part of my life, and are now nothing more than been there done that and in some cases so much worse than it used to be.

Sorry Isamu if you feel as if I have let you down, but you have not played Ridge Racer PSP, and if you actually have... you would be just as devasted as I am today.

Whippin Sean... where do we go from here?

My response:

Isamu said:
WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH!!!!.... are you serious??? ohmy.gif

Dude, I'm not gonna comment too much on your post and RR6....why? Because it's way WAY too early!!! You simply CANNOT judge the car drifting physics based on those vids last night! Way way way too early to judge!

I am honestly surprised you're not impressed by the graphics....it's VERY VERY hard to judge the actual texture quality based on some shaky cam vids, but from what I can make of them so far, this game looks fucking HOT!!!! C'mon man, don't just throw in the towel already. Let's wait at least until we get closer to the release date and see some high quality direct feed vids and thorough impressions before we go all batshit insane and declare the game a total failure. Way to premature to do that now. All I know is that that track looks fucking GODLY and I cannot wait to take this puppy online and with a steering wheel!!! jam.gif jam.gif jam.gif

However, it now appears he is coming around. He's keeping an open mind:

WhipWhip said:
Whip Whip.

I am starting to have some faith restored in RR6. I think I can handle the watered down drift physics in return for new music and amazing graphics and amazing redone old Ridge Racers courses that look better than life like.

I am sure I will still be at the top of the leaderboards, even though the game is adjusted to more beginner players, I am sure I can find the one line they never will. I just have to accept it, you know? I will still always consider Rage Racer the best Ridge Racer yet. Is it possible for RR6 to dethrone it? At this point, I don't think so... but I'll wait till I see the tracks, cars, menus, music and the online mode... which is what I have been wanting for al ong time. Who knows, mabye it will have bonuses in it, like Ridge Racer 1 to R4 or something. One can dream eh?

WHIP WHIP is straight TRIP TRIPPING IT OUT with Namco!

Have some faith Whip!

That has always been my real concern actually, is will I still be able to get the best lap times in the world with the new drift physics. Fuck it, all signs point to yes assholes!

Watch me on live this christmas!

Good shit, WHIP WHIP!!!

DCharlie said:
will isamu go over the edge?....

x360_wheel.jpg

?

I'm not sure it's full force feedback or not, one of the Namco guys said he thought it was though... but nothing specific on the spec sheet to the right.

Looks sturdy though.

Hmmm, interesting....if that is the Hori wheel that BlimBlim referred to(Blim...is this the same one?), then I believe he mentioned that it didn't have force feedback. I hope he's wrong though....

I do agree with whippen to a certain degree regarding handling. Even though I found the handling fun on the psp being able to do huge drifts, it did make the game way to easy as you could take every corner dead easy. I just hope they alter the handling slightly to make it a little tougher at holding the drifts to add a little skill to it. Anyway the handling turns out though this will be mine come release.

The PSP sliding disc just doesn't have the amount of 'play' and 'control' as a proper NeGcon, steering wheel, or even a Dual Shock.

It is for good reason that the PSP version was made easier to handle, IMO.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there going to be a proper force feedback steering wheel for 360 cause a FF wheel + RR6 = Gaming heaven :)

jett

D-Member
beermonkey@tehbias said:
You mean PGR2? And do you mean worldwide?

Whoops, actually I meant PGR1. I mean just in the states. PGR sold more than 800k and RRV on the PS2 sold less than 200k.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Choosing a digital pad over analog anything makes no sense, at least in a racing game.

Nah, most RRs are set up so that digital works better. You use twitchy motions to get through all the chicanes, little rapid taps that you can really, really nail down. In RRs on the PSP, the drift is weighted so that a really predictable amount of oversteer on the d-pad sets it off.

I do MUCH better on all RRs with a d-pad and use analog for everything else.

Nah, most RRs are set up so that digital works better.

Yeah, I had a few friends who used to think that. Guys who played RR1 and RRR on the PSOne until their thumbs bled. They swore by digital control for RR games.

Until I whipped their asses with my NeGcon.

negcon.jpg

Why do you think Namco created the NeGcon?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
beermonkey@tehbias said:
Yeah, I had a few friends who used to think that. Guys who played RR1 and RRR on the PSOne until their thumbs bled. They swore by digital control for RR games.

Until I whipped their asses with my NeGcon.

negcon.jpg

Why do you think Namco created the NeGcon?

You were talking about analog sticks versus D=pad. Not peripherals.

Top Bottom