• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 6 Hands-On..

You were talking about analog sticks versus D=pad. Not peripherals.

Every controller is a 'peripheral'.

FYI, I have a MadCatz Dual Shock clone that has an NeGcon emulation function. And it still plays RR better than a d-pad does.

Regardless, your comment that "Nah, most RRs are set up so that digital works better. " is wholly incorrect. NeGcon is analog, and RR is specifically set up so that such analog controllers are better.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Stinkles said:
Nah, most RRs are set up so that digital works better. You use twitchy motions to get through all the chicanes, little rapid taps that you can really, really nail down. In RRs on the PSP, the drift is weighted so that a really predictable amount of oversteer on the d-pad sets it off.

I do MUCH better on all RRs with a d-pad and use analog for everything else.

Stinkles....what happened.....

what...

H____A_____P____P_____E____N____E____D__????

...you said you were gonna go up to one of the Namco reps at TGS and ask him if the game was gonna support force feedback wheels! Here is your quote:

Stinkles said:
Good idea. Done. I will ask. I bet they don't because of the launch timing, but I pray they let that be a download.

.....so? What happened dude? You promised you'd ask them!! You KNEW how important this was to me!!!! How could you forget to ask them dude???? God Damn I feel like crying!!! You were supposed to find out for me what the deal on FF was and you completely just blew me off and forgot all bout little ole isamu. How could you do this man?
cry0jo.gif
cry0jo.gif
cry0jo.gif

FightyF

Banned
Heian-kyo said:
It definitely looks nice, and very crisp, but I have a feeling if it wasn't named Ridge Racer it would receive an almost unanimous 'meh' from this board. It's still early though, but I have serious doubts that Namco will be able to (properly) finish this in time for December. I know the PSP version was at the same state last year, but that's a bit different; it's not the same as a full blown console iteration in the series.

I really hope Namco doesn't rush this, but either way I'm thinking they might add a shitton of extra content to the PS3 version. It's all seeming a bit bare bones on the 360 so far. We shall see.

With LIVE it will be the best version on the 360. Remember that.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH

isamu

DCharlie said:
will isamu go over the edge?....

x360_wheel.jpg

?

I'm not sure it's full force feedback or not, one of the Namco guys said he thought it was though... but nothing specific on the spec sheet to the right.

Looks sturdy though.

Hello Charlie.

I am curious....when you say that "Namco guys said he thought it was though...", are you referring to a conversation you had directly with him, or did you get this as second hand info?

Is there any way you can use your inside connections to find out more...please? :)

isamu

DCharlie are you out there my good friend? :)

Top Bottom