• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime comes out in May. Costs £10 more on Nintendo Switch.

This will be hard. I want to play this asap ( PS4 / XboxOne are options ) but this game seems like a perfect fit for my Switch.

Same. Got this pre-ordered for Switch and I want it to be a great port. But the little bit of footage so far for the Switch version looks pretty bad by comparison and who knows when it's releasing.

CaVaYeRo

FYI this is a thread about the Switch version

Well I interviewed Raúl Rubio and Kevin Cerdá at Tequila the other day. Here's a bunch of details on the Nintendo Switch version:

- They're glad that Nintendo was interested but still a lot of work, "the hardest" version.

- looking for parity with PS4 in both graphics and performance, but a lot of tweaks underneath due to architecture, ram, disk, how to fit streaming, etc. "Not as simple as pressing the 'Make Switch version' button in Unreal Engine 4".

- They'd love to add HD Rumble, will do if they have time, but now focused on performance

- Still aiming for summer launch, 1080p30 and 720p30 TV/handheld.

Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/401493/Nuevos+detalles+de+Rime+para+Nintendo+Switch/

EDarkness

Well I interviewed Raúl Rubio and Kevin Cerdá at Tequila the other day. Here's a bunch of details on the Nintendo Switch version:

- They're glad that Nintendo was interested but still a lot of work, "the hardest" version.

- looking for parity with PS4 in both graphics and performance, but a lot of tweaks underneath due to architecture, ram, disk, how to fit streaming, etc. "Not as simple as pressing the 'Make Switch version' button in Unreal Engine 4".

- They'd love to add HD Rumble, will do if they have time, but now focused on performance

Source: https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/401493/Nuevos+detalles+de+Rime+para+Nintendo+Switch/

This is good news, and I'm glad they're getting out there with the fact that even if there's a "button" to export for the NS, there's still a ton of work that needs to be done to get the game running at some acceptable level. This is true even in Unity. Porting just isn't that easy. I hope they're able to hit their targets.

Wow, nice. Better than I expected. They probably have a lot of work left on this then, because the footage I saw for the Switch version definitely looked sub-native to me.

plank

Same. Got this pre-ordered for Switch and I want it to be a great port. But the little bit of footage so far for the Switch version looks pretty bad by comparison and who knows when it's releasing.

Wow, nice. Better than I expected. They probably have a lot of work left on this then, because the footage I saw for the Switch version definitely looked sub-native to me.

Are you talking about that stock footage in the cat Mario indie promo that may be compressed?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
May god bless you Tequila Works.

JESUSMISERICORDIOSO25.gif

And then bless you again two more times just to make sure that the blessing is working (^__^)

Crom

This will be hard. I want to play this asap ( PS4 / XboxOne are options ) but this game seems like a perfect fit for my Switch.

I hear you. I have the Switch version preordered too but can wait (even though it would be cool to try sooner than later)

Got plenty of other games to play at moment so all is good.

Unless there are major flaws my multiplatform gaming will be on Switch (portable and carts FTW)

CaVaYeRo

So turns out they're actually aiming for 720p30 in both docked and handheld mode. Tequila contacted us to rectify that inaccurate fact they provided.

spannicus

So turns out they're actually aiming for 720p30 in both docked and handheld mode. Tequila contacted us to rectify that inaccurate fact they provided.
If its 720p docked how can it be the same in handheld? Heres hoping it works. 540p or some other res would suck.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Guys, if it's 720p 30 FPS on Switch docked and handheld mode, there's a good enough reason for this but i can't tell you more i'm afraid.... not yet, wait for 25th.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm not happy I'm paying $80 for a game just because it's on the Switch and I'm in Australia, but being that it has the content and passion to justify that cost I'm okay. I've spent more money on worse things.

Budi

I'm not happy I'm paying $80 for a game just because it's on the Switch and I'm in Australia, but being that it has the content and passion to justify that cost I'm okay. I've spent more money on worse things.

The digital is now the same price as other platforms though, so if you don't absolutely want physical you should check on that. And the physical Switch version includes downloadable soundtrack of the game, that is sold separately by 10 bucks on other platforms. That ofcourse doesn't still make it all equal, but it's something atleast as compensation. They aren't doing this out of greed but necessity.

Top Bottom