• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rime Re-Reveal gameplay trailer (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch, May 2017)

AudioEppa

After watching the trailer twice, everything was looking good except for the character model. Idk I remember him looking a little better before.

But yeah I might be down to buy this, it was one of my 'can't wait to play' like 3 years ago lol

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This look good. This trailer, at least in the beginning evoked a lot of The Witness' atmosphere, but that's not a bad thing. Let's see how it turns out, but it's gotten my interest for PC or Switch version.

LordKano

After watching the trailer twice, everything was looking good except for the character model. Idk I remember him looking a little better before.

Now that I've watched again the old gamescom trailer, I think the opposite. The model looks almost the same but they've sort-of washed out all the colors and the rain doesn't look nearly as good.

It still looks good tho.

AgeEighty

I don't really like a lot of the framing or camera angles in that trailer. Still looks interesting I guess.

As with most largely cinematic trailers, what you see here is not necessarily what you will see the majority of the time when you are sitting there with control of the character, so there's little to be meaningfully judged on that score.

But yeah I might be down to buy this, it was one of my 'can't wait to play' like 3 years ago lol

Actually, the character's face looks better. Previous design was painfully bad.

Looks better, but questioning how much of this is real since that's supposedly why Sony broke it off.

I see some obvious examples from Witness, Journey more than ICO.

It actually looks really good though, especially the characters/enemies or whatever. One particular set reminded me of Studio Ghibli even. Happy that it's back on track. I do want it to be good because I enjoy these kinds of games very much

Thabass

Looks interesting, but the rocky relationship with Sony has me a bit worried. All said though, I'll probably pick this one up for the Switch.

AudioEppa

Now that I've watched again the old gamescom trailer, I think the opposite. The model looks almost the same but they've sort-of washed out all the colors and the rain doesn't look nearly as good.

It still looks good tho.

After looking at the old trailer now, you're right about the colors being washed out.. I thought they light skinned him lol

But yeah I want that color back.

_Ryo_

Is this The Last Guardian 2, but this time with a magic fox? looks interesting. Graphics aren't as great as the first reveal, I don't think.

Man, they downgraded that big time

Original trailer
https://youtu.be/UHgrSnEpwfY

https://youtu.be/wOtiMtZxrrc

As a fan of Ueda, this interests me, but it's so similar.

I forgot how magical the reveal trailer was. I definitely get vibes from a Studio Ghibli movie, especially with those shadowy creatures, and art direction/animation.

The music in the first one is great, the second trailer seems to lose that very magical feel in some places. Hoping that's just a trailer thing, because it looks neat in some places.

I hope they can capture that "slow" and beautiful feel of the reveal, the second one seems a little faster and more...cartoony?

I will eat this game up if its any good, because the obvious inspirations for this game are all fantastic games on their own, and fill me with a sense of wonder that no other games do.

KooopaKid

Banned
Switch too? Cool, hope the port is good.
I still don't see much gameplay here but we'll see. I'll be happy to eat crow about this one.

I thought Rime was snatched up under GameStops new game publishing branch? Could have sworn Rime was one of the first games signed to that last year when GameStoo first announced the new publishing label.
If I remember correctly, Rime was not mentioned but Tequila Works were announced to be working with Gamestop.

AudioEppa

I thought Rime was snatched up under GameStops new game publishing branch? Could have sworn Rime was one of the first games signed to that last year when GameStoo first announced the new publishing label.

People assumed that, but technically it was just tequila works when the news hit. I thought it was too until reading more into it.

Harlequin

It looks pretty good, though I can't help but feel like some of the enemies, architecture, etc. looks less distinctly Native American than it did in the older trailers which is a bit of a shame because now some of the designs feel a bit confused to me. It also reminded me a bit of Prince of Persia 2008, though, which is definitely a good thing so yeah, we'll see.

Kilau

Totally forgot about this. Still looks good to me.

Will get it on steam unless the PS4 Pro version is good.

Elios83

It looks similar to what they showcased in the past, looks a bit more like the Witness instead of a Team Ico style game.
I want to be optimistic because I like the trailer but I can't ignore that if Sony dropped them there is obviously a reason behind it.
Last time Sony dropped a game that was picked up by an other publisher was with LA Noire and even Rockstar heavily investing into it couldn't save the game from being a mess.
I guess it's a wait and see situation, I hope it turns out well.

AgeEighty

I want to be optimistic because I like the trailer but I can't ignore that if Sony dropped them there is obviously a reason behind it.
Last time Sony dropped a game that was picked up by an other publisher was with LA Noire and even Rockstar heavily investing into it couldn't save the game from being a mess.
I guess it's a wait and see situation, I hope it turns out well.

There can be all kinds of reasons why Sony might have done this, some of which have nothing to do with the game's quality. We don't actually have any official word on what the reason was, do we?

And I quite liked LA Noire in spite of its flaws.

Seeing Switch at the end there gives me hope for more 3rd party and indie support. Will be keeping an eye out for more games!

Glad to see it is finally coming out! This new rereveal looked great, even if perhaps a little paired down from the initial trailer (or maybe it's just my memory + increased expectations ?), but given all the talks around this game, I think I'm going to assume a "wait and see" attitude about it

Top Bottom