• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in-game screens

Oldsql

So they have 2 teams for this project? It will be interesting to see how the old gen version will sell in comparison to the current gen one.

And these comments under the tweet...oh my

Gameplay for the Microsoft Con to wow audience is probably involving Lara and that avalanche ... Giving the audience an "oh shit" moment

Where's Sam?

Hopefully dead or no longer involved. In the last issue of the comic series the cover suggests she's been arrested or committed

27870.jpg

Hopefully the end of Sam.

So far Jonah has only been confirmed to return.

Jobbs

Banned
One thing I hope is that it's a bit more sandboxy and open than the last game. Full on open world would be great, too, but I'm skeptical of that -- I'd at least like to see bigger nad more open areas than the last game. I feel like so many other games have headed in that direction that it could well be the case.

One thing I hope is that it's a bit more sandboxy and open than the last game. Full on open world would be great, too, but I'm skeptical of that -- I'd at least like to see bigger nad more open areas than the last game. I feel like so many other games have headed in that direction that it could well be the case.

In a recent podcast they've been confirmed to be 3 times bigger.

RedSwirl

We already know that the game will look great. Hell TR 2013 still looks amazing on PC.

Give me a gameplay trailer.

I recently reinstalled this on my latest rig and to be honest, I think TR2013 kinda looks like shit by today's standards. It still looks much more like a last-gen game.

usp84

It's hard for me to get excited about a game that i don't know when i will play!

Nice graphics though

Wanderer5

Hopefully dead or no longer involved. In the last issue of the comic series the cover suggests she's been arrested or committed

Hopefully the end of Sam.

So far Jonah has only been confirmed to return.

I can just hear SAAAAAAAAAAAM from the game quite easily.:p But make sense if Sam being committed.

Is it as bad as the story of the first game (the reboot)?

Yeah the comics suck but they're getting better now that Rhianna Pratchett is writing them.

The first arc - Sam Kidnapped/ they went back to Yamatai
Second Arc - Damsel in distress
Third Arc - Actual adventure. (Rhianna Pratchett)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Why would anyone think this is the 360 version? When's the last time a publisher released 360/PS3 screens of a crossgen game?

I'm surprised you can even make anything out of low quality small pics like this.

I don't think we should judge the XB1's graphical prowess on bad shots

Definitely can't judge fully but resolution aside the bells and whistles don't look very impressive. Probably an old build though, I imagine we will be fairly wow-ed at the conference.

Although I didn't realise this was crossgen... so it's obviously not gonna be a graphical showcase or anything.

DOWN

Banned
Huh? So Nixxes handling the 360 version is a lie?
Nixxes is doing the last gen coding, but this isn't a situation like Forza Horizon 2 where it's truly two different independent games with different scope, maps, etc. The lead team at Crystal is making the game within the scope of cross gen because it has to be ported at marketable quality to last gen, as required by Square/Microsoft.

The lie isnt really a lie, he's referring to really just the misleading way that Crystal says they are free to focus on current gen totally free, when the truth is that they just aren't coding last gen themselves, but they absolutely are required to make sure that they don't make core features and ambitious tech that won't run on 360. Rise of the Tomb Raider is absolutely hindered by last gen and is totally a cross gen game, despite Crystal trying to make it sound like they get to build it as recklessly ambitious as they want for Xbox One.

TheMAK

Banned
Nixxes is doing the last gen coding, but this isn't a situation like Forza Horizon 2 where it's truly two different independent games with different scope, maps, etc. The lead team at Crystal is making the game within the scope of cross gen because it has to be ported at marketable quality to last gen, as required by Square/Microsoft.

The lie isnt really a lie, he's referring to really just the misleading way that Crystal says they are free to focus on current gen totally free, when the truth is that they just aren't coding last gen themselves, but they absolutely are required to make sure that they don't make core features and ambitious tech that won't run on 360. Rise of the Tomb Raider is absolutely hindered by last gen and is totally a cross gen game, despite Crystal trying to make it sound like they get to build it as recklessly ambitious as they want for Xbox One.

receipts.gif

Arkeband

Banned
These smell like bullshots, and for bullshots they're not very impressive.

I can't imagine this outselling the original unless it does something Nemesis-system huge.

DOWN

Banned
These smell like bullshots, and for bullshots they're not very impressive.

I can't imagine this outselling the original unless it does something Nemesis-system huge.
It's a console exclusive on the lesser selling brand at launch. That alone cuts its sales down significantly. And it's cross gen, so the wow factor is dismissed for some. RIP PBR.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks like TRDE, which is a fantastic looking game btw.
But it's obviously being held back by lastgen.

Top Bottom