• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Mr. Robot

Nice! Harmonix has to make money anyway, i really hope they put more mainstream artists, maybe putting more artists like Pink will bring back more people to play RockBand...

WTF is up with the lack of "Like a pill" anyway?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 4/19/2012

Alternative
Heart Pharmacy - "California" (160 MSP)

Metal
Anarchy Club - "Riddle Me This" (80 MSP)
Halcyon Way - "IndoctriNation" (80 MSP) (2x)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Dante's Dream - "Gamers Unite" (80 MSP)
Raggedy Angry - "Take Me Home" (80 MSP)
Sherryce and DJ Jounce - "Ooh La La" (160 MSP)

Punk
Close Your Eyes - "Keep the Lights On" (160 MSP)

Rock
Seven Day Sonnet - "Farewell to Good Days" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 4/24/2012 (North America)

Blackguard - "Firefight" ($1.99) - Metal
Machinae Supremacy - "Rocket Dragon" ($1.99) - Metal
Miracle of Sound - "Gordon Freeman Saved My Life" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Rishloo - "Keyhole in the Sky" ($0.99) - Prog
Rishloo - "Feathergun in the Garden of the Sun" ($0.99) - Prog

Some standard hardcore, various shades of industrial, and a dance song that doesn't for a moment pretend it's not about fuckin'. And then there's "Gamers Unite", which I don't even know, man.

Tntnnbltn

One of hard rock’s most successful bands during the 1980s, Cinderella has sold more than 20 million albums worldwide. On April 24th, a three-pack of songs from this multi-platinum band is headed to the Rock Band Music Store!

“Nobody’s Fool,” Cinderella’s second single from their triple platinum debut, Night Songs, kicks off the pack. The power ballad “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone),” off of 1988’s Long Cold Winter, was the band’s most successful single. The song will be available as part of the three-pack, with an optional Pro Guitar and Pro Bass Upgrade available. Closing out the pack will be “Shelter Me,” the lead single from 1990’s Heartbreak Station.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 April 24th , 2012
Cinderella – “Nobody’s Fool” [+ keys]
Cinderella – “Don’t Know What You Got (Till It’s Gone)” [+ keys, pro guitar, pro bass]
Cinderella – “Shelter Me” [+ keys]

Ridley327

Cinderella was pretty much made for Rock Band; ridiculous vocals, strong guitar licks and so ridiculously overblown in every other area. I love it.

Hop

Cinderella was pretty much made for Rock Band; ridiculous vocals, strong guitar licks and so ridiculously overblown in every other area. I love it.

Yep. Never would've predicted or requested it, but it's obvious in hindsight. Of course Cinderella would be in Rock Band eventually.

Drums will probably be a little disappointing though, hair metal tended to be pretty straightforward beats.

vg260

Totally. Can't complain here.

Still waiting for more Maiden and also Counting Crows who seems criminally absent from DLC.

Joe Molotov

Rock Band can never have too many power ballads.
7MKw8.gif

Hop

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 4/26/2012

Alternative
Cohesive - "The Only Difference" (160 MSP)

Indie Rock
Boomchick - "TGTW" (160 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish - "A Pure Evil" (160 MSP) (2x)
Fallen Angel - "Watching" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Wrapped in Deceitful Dreams" (160 MSP) (2x)
Oklahoma Caddy Shack - "Children of Brodom" (80 MSP) (2x)
Within the Ruins - "Controller" (160 MSP) (2x)

Other
Sky Pie - "Wabi-Sabi" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Jeff Ball - "Interplanetary Cruise" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Pedro Castillo - "Por Analogía" (160 MSP)

Punk
Counterparts - "Jumping Ship" (160 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk
Shelita Vaughns - "Apple Martini" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/1/2012 (North America)

All Shall Perish - "Never... Again" ($1.99) - Metal
Anarchy Club - "Rise and Shine" ($0.99) - Metal
The Asbestos - "Say" ($0.99) - Rock
The Trews - "Hope & Ruin" ($0.99) - Rock
A Talking Fish - "Cheesy Pop Song" ($0.99) - Novelty

We're finally picking the pace back up with RBN releases, and getting back into the usual flow of things by having way too much metal thrown around.

Ozone

If you're interested in "Interplanetary Cruise", Jeff Ball is a game composer who has worked on several big games such as Gears of War 3, Mass Effect 3, and Red Orchestra 2. This song is from the Xbox Live Indie Game Astroman, which was named one of the best XBLIGs of 2010.

Here's a preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkVaqR49XQ

Yes, it's easy, but it's a nice song to chill out to after playing all the metal songs that come out on RBN. ;

As for a recommendation on something I didn't work on, PS3 players should try out "Cheesy Pop Song". It's... well, it's exactly what you think it is.

Hop

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 1st, 2012):

* Eddie Money – “Two Tickets to Paradise” O X
* Train – “Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me)” O X
* Yellowcard – “Only One” O

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Not a half-bad blend this week, for radio-friendly pop.

Nisa65

Two Tickets to Paradise (excellent guitar riff) is one song I've wanted in Rock Band for ages. Shame I don't have the means to play the game any more as there's been a tonne of DLC I would love to get that's been released since I moved abroad last year.

Two Tickets to Paradise (excellent guitar riff) is one song I've wanted in Rock Band for ages. Shame I don't have the means to play the game any more as there's been a tonne of DLC I would love to get that's been released since I moved abroad last year.
So you've waired so long... waited so long? Sorry I couldn't help myself. Anyway, looks like this will be the first DLC week in a while where I get anything.

Hop

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/3/2012

Alternative
Small Room 9 - "Paging Ground Control" (160 MSP)

Hip-Hop/Rap
Bikey ft. Alyce - "I'm Dancing!" (80 MSP)

Indie Rock
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - "I Don't Want to Hear About Your Crappy Boyfriend" (80 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish - "The Death Plague" (160 MSP)
Dirge Within - "Absolution" (160 MSP)
ETHS - "Adonaï" (160 MSP)
Hopes Die Last - "Never Trust the Hazel Eyed" (160 MSP)
Nightrage - "Insidious" (160 MSP) (2x)
Strikken - "The Final Act" (80 MSP) (2x)
Volumes of Revolution - "Blood of the Resistance" (160 MSP)

Punk
Goin' Places - "Relationship Sneakers" (80 MSP)

Reggae/Ska
Less Than Jake - "Goodbye, Mr. Personality" (160 MSP)

Rock
Harbour Grace - "Wish I Was Dead" (80 MSP)
Look Left - "Crack My Head and Let the People Out" (80 MSP)
Shatterglass - "Coming Undone" (160 MSP)
Sifting - "All the Hated" (80 MSP)
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - "Reap (Radio Edit)" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/8/2012 (North America) and 5/9/2012 (Europe)

A Day to Remember - "The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle" ($1.99) - Rock
Alestorm - "Back Through Time" ($1.99) - Metal
Machinae Supremacy - "Force Feedback" ($1.99) - Metal
Jonathan Coulton ft. John Roderick - "Nemeses" ($1.99) - Rock
Anarchy Club - "A Bullet in the Head" ($1.99) - Metal

Less Than Jake, Honest Bob, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, French metal, hip-hop, pop-punk, furries... we are actually trying to appeal to everyone here.

Also, the EU PS3 DLC delays are officially over, as of next week or so everything should be back up to speed.

Hop

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 8th, 2012):

* Rage Against the Machine – “Bombtrack” X

* Rage Against the Machine – “Killing in the Name”

* Rage Against the Machine – “Sleep Now in the Fire”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 9th)

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Rage Against the Machine Pack 01”

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD, £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Odd Pro Guitar pick, and it sounds like probably no keys, but it's Rage.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Can't wait to see how awful Killing in the Name will be censored.

Only song I'm going to get.

Rapstah

Probably censored the same way the cover version was censored in Harmonix's Guitar Hero. (I think it was Gh2?)

That's not even possible. They replaced "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" with "You're under control, I won't do what you tell me", and "Motherfucker" with "Under control!". They're just going to remove those lines this time because that's the only way they can actually censor songs.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
People that are part of the Rewards program will get 80 points back if you spend 240 or more buying songs this month.

It's a good excuse. I bought both Erasure tracks because I love bad music.

Top Bottom