• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Killing in the Name has never sounded so good. They mixed the song very well, IMO. Obviously the only thing that kills it is the censorship.

FyreWulff

Killing in the Name has never sounded so good. They mixed the song very well, IMO. Obviously the only thing that kills it is the censorship.

Always love the Harmonix mixes to the songs. Can't stand the radio/CD version of Simple Man anymore, for example. Almost always do a stellar job of cleaning it up and fixing the clarity, guess it helps when most of the developer's workers have their own bands and/or are musicians.

Here's my run on Bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fUD3ygI0xk

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/10/2012

Metal
ETHS - "Gravis Venter" (160 MSP)
Skylliton – “Crabplosion” (80 MSP)

Prog
An Endless Sporadic – “Impulse” (80 MSP)
Nod 206 – “En Donde Duermen Los Sueños” (80 MSP)

Rock
Sonic Boom Six – “For the Kids of the Multiculture” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/15/2012 (North America) and 5/16/2012 (Europe)

Less Than Jake - "Younger Lungs" ($1.99) - Reggae/Ska
Nordheim - "Beer, Metal, Trolls and Vomit!" ($1.99) - Metal
Close Your Eyes - "Song for the Broken" ($1.99) - Punk
The Bunny The Bear - "Ocean Floor" ($1.99) - Metal
Magnefora - "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (Bach)" ($0.99) - Classical

Slow week, due partly to the heavy week last time and partly to some rubber-stamping reviewers getting banned (at least I think that's what happened). But getting An Endless Sporadic is probably enough for most people anyway.

Hey gang,

In 2009, Paramore released their third record, Brand New Eyes, to critical acclaim and chart-topping success. Three tracks from the album, which held strong on the Billboard 200 for over 30 weeks, are coming to Rock Band on May 15th!

“Ignorance,” the first single from Brand New Eyes, leads off the three-pack. It’s followed by the second single off the album, the aggressive pop-rock track, “Brick by Boring Brick.” Finally, the emotional ballad, “The Only Exception,” closes out the pack. A Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrade for the song – the band’s most commercially successful single to date – will be also available.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 15th, 2012):

* Paramore – “Ignorance” O

* Paramore – “Brick by Boring Brick” O

* Paramore – “The Only Exception” O X

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Paramore Pack 01”

$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Hop

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/17/2012

Alternative
Cohesive – “To the Stars” (160 MSP)

Metal
Brutal Assault – “No War” (160 MSP) 2x

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Masseratti 2lts – “L.E.V.A.N.T.A_te” (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden” (80 MSP)

Punk
Goin' Places – “Nobody Gives a S*** About Us” (80 MSP)

R&B/Soul/Funk
Look Left – “Top” (80 MSP)

Rock
Ten Year Vamp – “Got 2 Me” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/22/2012 (North America) and 5/23/2012 (Europe)

Eden's Curse ft. James LaBrie - "No Holy Man" ($0.99) – Metal
Dance for the Dying - "Kitty Fight Song" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Dance for the Dying - "Thug Love" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
Weebl's Stuff - "Amazing Horse" ($0.99) - Novelty
Close Your Eyes - "Valleys" ($1.99) - Punk

Not much to really comment on for this week.

U2NUMB

Ya know Harmonix.. I have been patient for over a decade. Based on what you are releasing now is it too much to ask for one U2 pack?

FyreWulff

Ya know Harmonix.. I have been patient for over a decade. Based on what you are releasing now is it too much to ask for one U2 pack?

It's rumored that U2 wants a disc release, and Harmonix is trying to talk them into not doing that.

Also:

hmxhenry said:
We just got word from Mad Catz that they're taking pre orders on another run of RB3 Pro Drum Kits w/ Cymbals for the Xbox 360! These should be available in early July.

Here are some links:

US Store - http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=323
Canadian Store - http://gamesharkstore.ca/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4822&idCategory=323

Hop

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 22nd, 2012):

• Iron Maiden – “Phantom of the Opera”
• Iron Maiden – “The Prisoner”
• Iron Maiden – “The Flight of Icarus” X
• Iron Maiden – “Rime of the Ancient Mariner” X
• Iron Maiden – “Infinite Dreams”
• Iron Maiden – “Seventh Son of a Seventh Son” O

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song; tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards.

Price:

$9.99 (800 Microsoft Points™, 1000 Wii Points™) for the “Maiden Epics” pack
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Whole lotta Maiden.

I know a certain Ecuadorian who will be pleased by this news.

Antonio%20Valencia.jpg

?

vg260

I personally would have included Caught Somewhere in Time and 22 Acacia Ave instead of The Prisoner and Seventh Son, but really, anything on top of Rime is sweet, sweet icing. They could have just released Rime and called it a day.

My fave DLC since the Maiden 12-pack. Been patiently waiting for 2 years. So I'm hyped.

FyreWulff

I was worried that that was a work around because Maiden was reticent to use the master tracks. Glad that wasn't the case.

Yeah, for the record, we HAVE gone from Live to Studio. See: Paul McCartney live tracks (when he was selling the DVD for his Live in New York concert), then 12 months later getting studio versions.

Ridley327

I was worried that that was a work around because Maiden was reticent to use the master tracks. Glad that wasn't the case.

I think that rumor got started when GH3 came out and there were weird audio issues in that the guitar part for Number of the Beast was completely absent if you missed a note, but since the first 12-pack came out in Rock Band, I think that it turned out that Neversoft was just really bad at mixing it.

I've been wanting to play Seventh Son of a Seventh Son for the LONGEST. This is an amazing couple of months DLC wise for me personally.

Ditto for the Seventh Son love. But Rime of the Ancient Mariner is a song I have been begging for for a while. Now we just need Thick as a Brick for part two of my epic song dream pack.

Hop

RBN for the week:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 5/24/2012

Alternative
Lee-Leet – “So High” (160 MSP)

Punk
Straight Outta Junior High – “Dudes and Guys and Things and Stuff” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 5/29/2012 (North America) and 5/30/2012 (Europe)

Deadlock - "Martyr to Science" ($1.99) - Metal
Chaotrope - "The Fall of Psilanthropy" ($0.99) - Metal
Quartered - "Half Cab" ($0.99) - Rock
Giraffes? Giraffes! - " I am S/H(im)e[r] as You am S/H(im)e[r] as You are Me and We am I and I are All Our Together" ($0.99) - Indie Rock
Leche de Tigre - "Desconocido" ($0.99) - Latin

DLC for next week:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 29th, 2012):

* Bullet For My Valentine – “Tears Don’t Fall”
* Bullet For My Valentine – “Scream Aim Fire”
* Bullet For My Valentine – “Your Betrayal” X

Tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for “Bullet For My Valentine Pack 01”

Barely bought any dlc in the last few months it feels like :( *checks wikipedia* Yep, last pack was CCR in January. I hope RB Blitz reinvigorates dlc somewhat, keeping expectations in check though.

Was thinking about something Jeff Gerstmann said recently: they'll probably have to make a Rock Band next-gen so you'll have something compatible with those platforms. I think he's stretching it a little but the thought gives me hope we'll get another disc bases game down the line.

Daigoro

the Maiden pack is so fucking good. i thought it would be all live shit too, but bought the pack immediately when i found out it was studio versions.

Phantom of the fucking Opera! i cant believe they actually released a Paul Di'anno track. that song is so fucking badass. so fun to sing.

i want more.

Moostache

Telling ya, just promise all the profits from the DLC to go to charity or something and Bono will jump on board.

U2 would be so great to get on here.

U2 Rock Band would be a no brainer for the series....

The Who
The Beatles
The Doors
Marley
Hendrix
Joplin
Grateful Dead

All are well represented in DLC...

U2 - 80's Pack 1
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
With or Without You
Pride

U2 - 80's Pack 2
Out of Control
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where the Streets Have No Name
Bad
"40"

U2 - 90's Pack 1 - Achtung Baby (FULL ALBUM)

U2 - 90's Pack 2
Numb
Lemon
Stay (Faraway, So Close)
Mofo
Staring At The Sun
Please

U2 - 00's Pack
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Walk On
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent

I would buy pretty much everything by U2, but also want to see:
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
The Eagles
Prince
Guns N' Roses

Daigoro

U2 Rock Band would be a no brainer for the series....

The Who
The Beatles
The Doors
Marley
Hendrix
Joplin
Grateful Dead

the huh? what do any of those acts have to do with U2? im confused.

also Janis is not that well repped, is she? doesnt she only have like 2-3 songs out on rock band? probably about enough for me though. maybe another few songs would be cool.

personally i really dont care about U2 at all and wouldnt buy anything from them for RB.

this stuff though:

Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
The Rolling Stones
Guns N' Roses

yeah id spend a lot of money on that. all i want from GnR really is Appetite though, in full, maybe a few other songs.

Top Bottom