• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling" set to air on Nick in 2018

740.gif

I'm nauseous.

tumblr_n9r1t0t9Q31tglg2co1_500.gif

Oh baby, oh baby oh.

And Samurai Jack, but that was shit as well.

I no longer have faith in revivals so I'm not sure this will turn out good

What the fuck.

dVJNUJlVS6yeyEYhtJIL_Confused%20Mark%20Wahlberg.gif

I'm literally insane and this is mind-boggling, this opinion. The final season of samurai jack was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on screen.

I need this in life my soon. Between this, the Invader Zim TV movie, and the Loud House, I'm actually interested in what Nick's current schedule more then ever.

And Samurai Jack, but that was shit as well.

I no longer have faith in revivals so I'm not sure this will turn out good

Nah the SR revival was great (IMO), and it was a success too, unlike the PPG reboot which tries to hard to pander the current generation.

PSqueak

Banned
I never did see the final episode, as (for some reason) I must've missed out.

Rocko was launched into outer space as a series finale?

Not just Rocko, Also Heffer.

The plot revolves around Filburt's kids investigating Rocko's old house in the future and finding a [spoiled] banana in the fridge, Filburt proceeds to tell the story of how he found that banana and put it on the fridge himself...

...Which involves Conglom-o, a space monkey and a rocket in which the monkey took Rocko and Heffer as hostages. In the end the rocket returns to earth, turns out the banana was a sentient banana shaped alien, a president even, and the monkey took the rocket to contact the banana aliens for a rescue, it took him 20 years to go back to earth.

Altho it's been 20 years on earth, Heffer and Rocko didn't age, and with his friends back Filburt turns back into his younger self because "he feels so young with them around".

It was a rather bizarre but amusing episode.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I'm literally insane and this is mind-boggling, this opinion. The final season of samurai jack was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen on screen.
Those first three episodes were amazingly well paced and ofc every episode was visually gorgeous but the pacing and writing was absolutely shaky after those first three. Especially the completely inconsistent character of Ashii to the point that several scenes with her seemed written for the sole purpose of creepy fanservice. This however, sounds awesome.

Is Joe Murray on this?

It was very good with the first 3 episodes, then from there just went weird and dumb. Ashi's character was silly and cliche, and the romance story was boring as fuck. The finale was ok, though.

Blues1990

Yep. It's the one where Filbert and Hutchinson's kids, now grown adults, hear the story from him on how Rocko disappeared. It ends with the three of them going into space, supposedly meant to set up space adventures but nothing came from that.
It wasn't the final final episode to air, that was the Thanksgiving one (delayed I'm guessing).
We didn't know it was meant to be the finale since Nickelodoen had this ass-backwards policy where shows couldn't acknowledge they were ending so they could "rerun them forever and kids won't know". Angry Beavers wanted to have their finale be a fourth-wall breaking clusterfuck, but Nick said "NO" and it never got made.

Obviously they've since changed their stance on that, but it's still stupid.

Not just Rocko, Also Heffer.

The plot revolves around Filburt's kids investigating Rocko's old house in the future and finding a [spoiled] banana in the fridge, Filburt proceeds to tell the story of how he found that banana and put it on the fridge himself...

...Which involves Conglom-o, a space monkey and a rocket in which the monkey took Rocko and Heffer as hostages. In the end the rocket returns to earth, turns out the banana was a sentient banana shaped alien, a president even, and the monkey took the rocket to contact the banana aliens for a rescue, it took him 20 years to go back to earth.

Altho it's been 20 years on earth, Heffer and Rocko didn't age, and with his friends back Filburt turns back into his younger self because "he feels so young with them around".

It was a rather bizarre but amusing episode.

okay.gif

I forgot how weird this cartoon was.

Zubz

Banned
i literally just watched that banana episode the other day

i forgot that one of the kids was a spawn of heffer

Yeah. He's clearly Heffer & Filbert's son, with none of Dr. Hutchinson's DNA, all because Heffer sat on his egg (Despite the mom being a cat). I love this show.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I love Rocko.

Wait, he's been stuck in space since 1996? Was that how the show ended? Man I don't remember enough of it.

Turn the page. Wash your hands. Turn the page. Wash your hands. Turn the page. Wash your hands.

And then you turn the page.

And then you wash your hands.

I love Rocko.

Wait, he's been stuck in space since 1996? Was that how the show ended? Man I don't remember enough of it.

Turn the page. Wash your hands. Turn the page. Wash your hands. Turn the page. Wash your hands.

And then you turn the page.

And then you wash your hands.

Filburt made me feel okay about being a littler germaphobe

There was a post about Doug that I'm too lazy to go back and quote, but I do believe that Nick still owns the rights to their version of Doug (it's even on Hulu) and they have aired it since Disney brought it. However, Doug has aged extremely poorly. I can't think of any nicktoon that's actually aged worse (someone help me out here), leaving As Told By Ginger as the GOAT coming of age Nicktoon.

Rocko however is NOT on Hulu. It was on Amazon once upon a time, but I don't know if that's still the case. I imagine a re-release is coming, but iirc they basically lost the uncensored versions of the tapes in the early era of the nicktoons channel, so they can't but it on DVD or streaming without the cuts.

(GAF needs an OT for American animation as well. It has a fascinating history all around)

(GAF needs an OT for American animation as well. It has a fascinating history all around)

We have one!! Well, "Wester Animation" but still.

As for Doug, I haven't watched it in quite a while but it's sad to hear it aged poorly. I wonder if they were able to bring it back (confusing rights permitting) if it would be any good or if Doug in general is just lost to that era.

AniHawk

As for Doug, I haven't watched it in quite a while but it's sad to hear it aged poorly. I wonder if they were able to bring it back (confusing rights permitting) if it would be any good or if Doug in general is just lost to that era.

doug is so bad that it's good. watch it with friends and go in with the intention of riffing on it. understanding that doug is a crazy person helps a bunch too.

Oh! Thanks.

The "Doug is mentally unstable" theory does make the unbearable secondhand embarrassment and weird writing better, though it is super depressing.

Zubz

Banned
Oh! Thanks.

The "Doug is mentally unstable" theory does make the unbearable secondhand embarrassment and weird writing better, though it is super depressing.

My biggest problem is that most of those chalk Doug up as having Schizophrenia or a related disorder, but those tend to develop in the early 20's. Isn't he, like, 12?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
If the movie isn't just a 90 minute shot a jar of mayo I'll be incredibly disappointed.

Hyped, giveittomenow.gif

Top Bottom