• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rollcage spiritual successor - Grip | Kickstarter Incoming

ike_

I forgot all about Rollcage until this news popped up last month. That game was such an awesome showpiece for early 3D video cards. And so fast, I remember it being pretty easy to find the right halfpipe shaped surface and fling your car so high into the sky it would almost disappear. Many laughs had with friends playing that game.

I'll have to keep my eye on the Kickstarter.

Loved rollcage and i'm loving the trailer and screenshots so far!
Here's hoping for ps4 support!!

HOLY SHIT YES

Edit:

This NEEDS to come to PS4.

Get Adam Boyes on the line!

Rollcage was always strongly associated with the Playstation brand. I actually thought for years that the games were exclusive to the PS1, so it'd make a whole lot of sense to add the PS4 to the list of platforms, through a stretch goal or whatever.

Who owns the rights to Rollcage now anyway? Sony?

More screenshots

8VZD3FG.jpg

ci0UXJw.jpg

hv39m9o.jpg

tMb27ln.jpg

Komo

Banned
Fantastic screenshots!

Although I am a little disappointed at the skinny / small looking tires. It just looks really off to me. Not 'cool' at all, for lack of better phrasing.

There was a discussion on the forums about it, but unfortunately the devs don't seem to want to budge from their original design choice. Good on them, I suppose.

Devs were originally planning on launching the KS today, but decided to do some more preparation

Now the campaign is likely starting on August 4th. Or August 11th at the latest

Komo

Banned
Minor update from the forums!

Just thought I'd post here quick to say that BIG news is coming with the Kickstarter about GRIP's music.

I think you guys will be very happy with what's happening over here

You may see some familiar names involved ;)

Can't wait to see who it might be! Calling it now. Dom & Roland or Technical Itch. It's gotta be one of them! ... Please ;__;

I lost hope a long time ago that there'd ever be a successor to Rollcage, so I'm thoroughly excited for Grip. This'd better make its Kickstarter goal...

So many afternoons playing the Rollcage demo with only one track. I still don't know why I never bought it, it was so much fun...

Komo

Banned
List of musicians they've got onboard:

Also I'm loving that they're letting the backers choose what they want for each stretch goal. Not sure I've seen that done in a Kickstarter before.

Tech Itch and Dom & Roland. hnnggg This is so good!

Although the goal worries me a little. Does anybody else think it's a bit unrealistic...? It's a lot of money, and Formula Fusion was barely asking for a quarter of that.

Tenebrous

Looks great. Really high quality work. That's a big goal though. Hope they make it.

It is, and it worries me. I believe the devs are being 100% honest with the amount they need, but that amount for a revival of a somewhat niche game just seems a little difficult to reach.

I'm not backing it, but damnit, I hope they make it.

Skyzard

Banned
This has been near the top of my wishlist for some time. Never played the original but I like these things, wipeout, redout, f-zero and silly racing in general and this looks fun.

I've been holding off, waiting for the online multiplayer to come but it's cheap enough (£11.99) where I'm tempted to pick it up just for the single player...is the campaign compelling enough yet?

Top Bottom