• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rollcage spiritual successor - Grip | Kickstarter Incoming

SparkTR

Oh man, I had so much fun playing Rollcage Stage 2 back when it was released. Hoping for some extra hard challenges and a football mode.

EDIT:

Pretty sure this is the same guy.

Yeah I just noticed that, he also as modern re-release of Rollcage Stage 2 up there as well. Hopefully all these new releases work out, this guy seems like the Rollcage Jesus right now.

I still have Rollcage 1 and 2 for PSone and PC, the PC version even supports force-feedback wheels.

This new version had better have all the full-screen effects and chaos that the originals have.

I already supported Formula Fusion and Power Drive 2000, will support this as well if it looks right.

Rajang

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

YESSSSSS.

Unlike that spiritual successor to WipEout, this actually looks just like Rollcage. I absolutely loved this game. It was the grittier and darker brother of WipEout. I played it so much with my brother and friends. I still have my copy of the game.

I also loved the soundtrack. It had an great selection of Drum n Bass tunes by record label Moving Shadow.

Man this month has been incredible for games.

I had so much fun with my friend playing Rollcage Stage 2. So many hours of rubble soccer and driving around that track that was just a loop so our weapons would keep coming back around from behind. I want to get excited for this but I have a feeling it just won't get the support it needs. :(

Komo

Banned
It looks like the guy behind all this actually did work on the Rollcage series at some point.

EDIT: Apparently he helped port the first two games to the PC!

He's put out fixed versions of the first and second Rollcage games on his page, which are available to download. I just tested them out, and they work perfectly! Especially in 1080p. The only downside is that the original soundtrack isn't present, but he's put in some really sweet DnB tracks which work just as well! I'd link the games, but I don't know if that'd be against GAF's rules or something.

He's also quite active on the Rollcage Steam community group, so check that out too!

Elixist

man this e3...

97a.jpg

some form of Downhill Domination pls and thank you game god. i shall buy all the overpriced controllers and dlc's, amen.

chrislowe

ok, Forza 6 and Driveclub may look awesome, but I need a real arcade racer now!.
Remember playing the rollcage demo on my pc like forever until i got the PS1 version :)

Velurian

Well this is a day 1 for me.
Really really loved Rollcage.
And dont they dare not make pc 4-way splitscreen!
Gonna get medieval on their ass unless its not part of the core game.

That really does look like Rollcage in all but name, and I love that series dearly. Rollcage Stage 2 is practically my favourite racer. Definitely interested in this.

God damn that looks amazing. I never thought I'd hear from Rollcage again.

I'd never used Kickstarter before March, and now I've backed Toejam & Earl: Back in the Groove, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, and now potentially this!

Xater

Loved Rollcage. Hope they don't make the mistake of the Formula Fusion guys and be all non committal when it comes to console versions. Have it there from the start and I will back it.

wow! rollcage was so sick damn. i rented it randomly, had never heard of it back in the day and had a blast with it. killer soundtrack too iirc.

Atolm

Very nice. Loved Rollcage back in the day and I always hoped Sony/Studio Liverpool would rescue it. This will do.

DavidDesu

I actually thought Rollcage was more fun than Wipeout, and I only ver played the demo of it for some reason (well I only had pocket money and other games to buy back then).

This looks spot on. Amazing. If coming to PS4, will back.

He's put out fixed versions of the first and second Rollcage games on his page, which are available to download. I just tested them out, and they work perfectly! Especially in 1080p. The only downside is that the original soundtrack isn't present, but he's put in some really sweet DnB tracks which work just as well! I'd link the games, but I don't know if that'd be against GAF's rules or something.

He's also quite active on the Rollcage Steam community group, so check that out too!

Wow, just tried these and they work perfectly, the force-feedback option is still in there as well, hope it still works. Was expecting to need my original CD's but they are free somehow.

Zukuu

Banned
I was talking about Rollcage Stage just last week on here, in the thread about demos you have played over and over again. Played the demo for weeks with a friend and we were just driving backwards to overcome the 2 rounds race limits. Had countless days of fun with the gamer, too. Awesome. Will back when paypal is available.

eot

Banned
For some reason I thought this was about Megarace for a second.
Rollcage was alright, not sure it's special enough to do well on kickstarter though. Cars that can drive upsidedown isn't that great of a gimmick.

Never heard of this series before. So it's arcade racing/car combat on gravity-defying tracks (driving on walls and ceilings, etc.)

low-G

I'm scared for this game. There have been so many indie racing game kickstarters which barely squeaked by lately. 90's Arcade Racer, Fusion something (the WipEout one), a few others. So close to failure, so little money, and none released yet AFAIK. I really want these games to be awesome & successful but something just falls apart. Why do gamers hate arcade racing games? :/

Anyways, I hope these guys do a real good Kickstater, cuz they'll need it!

Top Bottom