• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romney: "What we feared is happening...the administration has made things worse"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

The only aspect of Romney I like is his business background. Everything other then that is quite literally terrible. Of course that hardly makes Obama's decisions good ones. And a background in an area doesn't mean you will make good decisions once you have power. Obama was a constitutional lawyer all he's done with the document is wipe his ass.

Romney is a moron when it comes to the economy. Obamacare was his best idea ever and that's behind him.

The view of most people commenting regarding Obama and the constitution is mind boggling.

Well don't blame me, I voted for Romney. And I'll vote for Rand Paul in a heartbeat if he runs in '16.

The man who wrote a fictitious budget proposal?

clav

A Romney win likely would have coincided with the GOP taking control of the Senate.

The idea of the batshit insane GOP controlling both chambers of Congress and the presidency - and thus given the ability to appoint new justices to an already conservative Supreme Court - is absolutely terrifying.

Help me understand. What do you mean by that?

The only point I can see is LGBT rights not passing as well as they have under Obama's administration.

What else?

Corporations still have everything in their ways.

CHEEZMO™;75090043 said:
Austrian economics
"States rights" activism
Goldbuggin
Myriad ties to White supremacy groups
The internet cult of personallity they have that seems to consist entirely of autistic racist privileged middle class white people
The son's stupid fucking name

And wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act.

Such heroes.

Sayter

Based on what, exactly? His statement that he would've been a "moderate Republican" in the 1980s and an overall record that supports this? Opposition leaders' statements that their number-one priority was to deny him a second term at any and all costs, as part of a do-nothing strategy that's only now beginning to fragment?

Quantify your goddamn drivebys.

Reagan was about to work with O'Neil. Clinton with Gingrich. Obama goes off to make speeches.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
As much as I dislike some of Obama's policies, he's much better than Romney and the culture of factual illiteracy. Am I supposed to be swayed by lies? It's worse? Unemployment is down, stock market is up. Don't know what the fuck he's talking about.

massoluk

Banned
Economy is better by just about almost every economic indicators, but no one is surprised this is still talking point.

KHarvey16

Reagan was about to work with O'Neil. Clinton with Gingrich. Obama goes off to make speeches.

Yeah, if there's one thing you can say about Obama, it's that he never pursued compromise to the point it hamstrung him. Nope, that definitely never happened.

The only point I can see is LGBT not passing as well as it has under Obama's administration.

What else?

All those crazy abortion laws being passed in Republican dominated states? They'd be coming nationwide.

Stupid tax cuts and spending cuts that make the sequestration look like the stimulus? Passed in the first 100 days.

Obamacare? Strangled in the crib. Medicare? Sold off to private companies - er, reformed to become premium support.

The federal judgeship? Filled with loons that think Clarence Thomas is a genius and/or are just hacks for corporate power (see John Roberts.)

That's just a few things I could think off on the top of my head. That doesn't even getting into the further gutting of regulatory agencies.

The only point I can see is LGBT not passing as well as it has under Obama's administration.

What else?

Romney would have been fiscally worse, we'd be even farther away from a single payer option, you would have conservative justice appointments to the supreme court, gay marriage would have contention from the feds, drugs too and Roe v Wade would be targeted.

No thank you.

Yeah, it's almost like political polarization hadn't reached its 2000s record-highs during the Reagan and Clinton administration or something:

NOMINATE_polarization.jpg

No, clearly this is Obama's fault.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's because we had a functional Congress in those instances. Obama has tried to make deals with the House only to have them screw him at every turn. Man's done a lot bad, but lets not make shit up to add to it.

What else?

The ACA would be murdered in its crib, for starters.

Devastating cuts to the social safety net.

More tax cuts for "job creators."

Abortion hijinks.

Et cetera, et cetera.

ivysaur12

Banned
If you didn't vote in 2010, this is your fault. This is on you. Congratulations. You gave us this shitty, ineffective, goddawful House of Representatives. You don't get to complain about the ineffectualness of government.

Also, fuck you, Mitt Romney. Go back to your mansion in La Jolla and yelling at some kids skateboarding down your street.

teh_pwn

Economy is better by just about almost every economic indicators, but no one is surprised this is still talking point.

It's just so absurd when you look at economic indicators over Obama's presidency. We hit rock bottom just after he started and everything is way improved. Stock indices are over 2X when he started. And they still act like it's February 2009.

Link

The Autumn Wind

The only point I can see is LGBT rights not passing as well as they have under Obama's administration.

What else?

Corporations still have everything in their ways.
Check out what's going on in North Carolina.

Aylinato

Republicans cannot even decide what to do with themselves, their party is fracturing and cannot compromise on any issue. There is no middle ground for tea-party.

Completely different than Reagan and Clinton with wayyyyy more moderate Congresses.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's just so absurd when you look at economic indicators over Obama's presidency. We hit rock bottom just after he started and everything is way improved. Stock indices are over 2X when he started. And they still act like it's February 2009.

I don't have $2,000 in my wallet and a new car in my garage, so fuck you, Obama economy.

The truth is, even if the GOP somehow wins the Senate in 2014, unemployment is likely to be down to about 6.5% by time the 2016 election rolls around at a minimum just due to the business cycle.

That's one important reason that Romney lost. Because if we'd have the same recovery with Romney, even the moderate Keynesian economics that Obama used would've been put it into the trash heap for another generation and we'd get years of claims that, "Romney fixed what Obama couldn't!"

teh_pwn

Check out what's going on in North Carolina.

What's going on in NC? I'm out of the loop, but I do know what's going on with Texas GOP trying to throw away women's reproductive rights because sky daddy.

clav

All those crazy abortion laws being passed in Republican dominated states? They'd be coming nationwide.

Stupid tax cuts and spending cuts that make the sequestration look like the stimulus? Passed in the first 100 days.

Obamacare? Strangled in the crib. Medicare? Sold off to private companies - er, reformed to become premium support.

The federal judgeship? Filled with loons that think Clarence Thomas is a genius and/or are just hacks for corporate power (see John Roberts.)

That's just a few things I could think off on the top of my head. That doesn't even getting into the further gutting of regulatory agencies.
They still passed regardless who was president.

Obama is cutting taxes for corporations.

Obama's Affordable Care and Health Act still needs a reform, but Congress is not willing to make changes. Obama did touch on this in his election.

DryvBy

If you don't vote you don't have any right to complain. Every four years we get to make a choice, everyone who shows up has a right to complain. If you don't care enough to even bother voting third party then you need to go away. The guy who voted for the mole people has more of a right to complain than someone who couldn't even be bothered to show up.

Ok Batman, but look. Outside of your ideology that is completely made up because you want to believe that's what rights are, you have nothing. I have every right to vote about these clowns that Democrats and Republicans vote in.

Please, show me something that says the definition of rights and where that states that someone that doesn't partake in the Super Bowl voting antics every 4 years doesn't have the right to complain.

Lol, people.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What's going on in NC? I'm out of the loop, but I do know what's going on with Texas GOP trying to throw away women's reproductive rights because sky daddy.

Basically that, only worse. They're making South Carolina, horse-fucking, Appalachian trail hiking, South Carolina look good.

Ok Batman, but look. Outside of your ideology that is completely made up because you want to believe that's what rights are, you have nothing. I have every right to vote about these clowns that Democrats and Republicans vote in.

Please, show me something that says the definition of rights and where that states that someone that doesn't partake in the Super Bowl voting antics every 4 years doesn't have the right to complain.

Lol, people.

I say this because you've put in a lot of effort to complain but apparently couldn't be bothered to take 30 minutes out of one day to go and vote. It's not a hard thing and you didn't even need to vote for Obama or Romney. I have no respect for any of your complaints because you couldn't even be bothered to go and vote for the mole people who live under New York City. You couldn't be bothered to look at the other 6 or 7 people running and vote for one of them either, that's lazy. You had to agree with one of them. Decisions get made by those who show up, you don't show up I don't care about what you think and neither should anyone else. It's that simple.

Obama's Affordable Care and Health Act still needs a reform, but Congress is not willing to make changes. Obama did touch on this in his election.

There's a difference between a corporate tax reform, where the statutory rate would be lowered, but loopholes would be eliminated, so the government actually gets more revenues.

Yes, the ACA needs to be "reformed" to be better, not killed in the crib.

I don't think you understand how important supreme court justice appointments are. Why do you think Scalia is the worst? Saying both presidents would have the same outcome is ignorant.

Wilsongt

Oh man. You really should research the clusterfuck that is that state now.

Women's Rights
Teacher Pay
Education
Healthcare

Calantus

You can blame the Supreme Court for the 5th amendment shit. Obama didn't put the justices on the bench who fucked that one.

He defends it continuously though, so that makes him guilty in my eyes.

The 2nd amendment is doing fine, it is not even under attack unlike the 4th.

The 4th isn't under attack, it's been defeated, the 2nd is under attack in the sense of it's not dead yet but there have been bills trying to defeat it.

Hellraizah

CHEEZMO™;75090043 said:
Austrian economics
"States rights" activism
Goldbuggin
Myriad ties to White supremacy groups
The internet cult of personallity they have that seems to consist entirely of autistic racist privileged middle class white people
The son's stupid fucking name

So, it's mostly about feelings. I see.

he should name the things that are actually worse because of the administration... like Obama instituting 'no snitching' rules.

there's some stuff that's also worse and it's totally not his fault, like the ridiculous assault on Women's rights.

Sayter

Yeah, it's almost like political polarization hadn't reached its 2000s record-highs during the Reagan and Clinton administration or something:

NOMINATE_polarization.jpg

No, clearly this is Obama's fault.

By your own chart it was a widening gap back during those administrations. And they were still able to get things done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom