• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ronda Rousey Is a Man Amongst Women" says former UFC HW Champ, Brock Lesnar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Full article: http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...-is-a-super-athlete-in-a-weak-division-081915
Brock Lesnar knows a thing or two about being a physically gifted alpha athlete who just seems to be bigger, stronger and better than the rest of the opposition.

Whether he was winning NCAA titles, hoisting the professional wrestling world on his back or capturing the UFC heavyweight belt in only his fourth pro fight, Lesnar has been a giant among men.

So it's understandable that he sees a lot of the same attributes that made him so good inside Ronda Rousey, who has been equally devastating during her UFC career.

She was the first woman from the United States to win an Olympic medal in judo before becoming the inaugural UFC women's bantamweight champion — a title she's yet to relinquish through six title defenses.

As dominant as Rousey has been dispatching her past four opponents in a combined 130 seconds, Lesnar says that's also part of the problem she's facing in her career while trying to create a legacy before she leaves the sport of MMA behind.

"She's a super athlete in a weak division. I really do," Lesnar said while appearing on ESPN on Tuesday. "She is a man amongst women in the women's division. I take my hat off to her."
Rousey just recently came off her KO victory against Bethe Correia 34 seconds into the match bringing her undefeated record to 12-0 and winning performance of the night. Is she the once in a lifetime human being of our generation? It really is impressive how she manages training, doing movies and promoting fights in between defending her belt for incredibly minute amounts of time.

ApharmdX

Banned
Your title is unfortunate. Lesnar can be offensive with his bluntness but what he actually meant is that Rousey is on another level athletically from her competition.

Are the strongest female fighters on par with the men? Seems like he's trying to say that they are not, but Ronda surpasses women

Openly homophobic man also says something sexist? Why I never! Clearly he's simply being misinterpreted and didn't understand what he meant!

Are the strongest female fighters on par with the men? Seems like he's trying to say that they are not, but Ronda surpasses women

Well Men are naturally a lot stronger than women, so he is trying to compliment her by saying her fighting a woman would be like a man fighting a woman, which usually would be a very one sided affair.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a shame that being a woman isn't enough for some people. Fuck you Brock Lesnar.

-MD-

Openly homophobic man also says something sexist? Why I never! Clearly he's simply being misinterpreted and didn't understand what he meant!

168ceb.gif

Tagyhag

That's exactly what he's saying. Ronda being on a league of her own which she is.

She wouldn't be a champion in the men's circles but could maybe pick up some wins.

Acorn

....okay.

Would it have been that hard to say something like, "She's a super athlete in a weak division" and then just stop there?

Or say that she's a goddess among mortals? Hercules amongst Athenians?

A man amongst women? Wat. What's the point of saying that? That's like saying, "Oh he's so hot compared to his friends, he's like a Playboy bunny amongst videogamers."
Have you never fucked up and said something offensive by accident?

It's not like that at all since man amongst boys is a common phrase.

JDSN

Banned
I dont think most people believe the comment to be purposely insulting, just not very smart and antiquated,

Have you never fucked up and said something offensive by accident?

It's not like that at all since man amongst boys is a common phrase.

Man Among Men is the phrase and thats what he was riffing off.
And people will now have phony outrage about how women arent respected in this culture, blah blah. And Brock will continue to not give any fucks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom