• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Ronda Rousey Is a Man Amongst Women" says former UFC HW Champ, Brock Lesnar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure Rousey could kick the collective male population of neogaf's ass

Maybe you are right for the majority of people in here, but I have seen Ronda not looking good against a teenager wrestler, im stronger, heavier and at least as good if not better applying my wrestling for mma that him.

LionPride

Banned
Openly homophobic man also says something sexist? Why I never! Clearly he's simply being misinterpreted and didn't understand what he meant!

YHjfwGt.gif

Novocaine

Put the best 5 female fighters ever against the best 5 male fighters ever. No amount of equality speak or political correctness is going to save those poor women from getting destroyed.

Opto

Banned
Here's the problem: It's down playing her accomplishment as a woman. A woman gets to the top of something? Congrats, you are now an honorary man, the superior gender!

Though I do wonder, given Rousey's transphobia, if she'll take this as an insult in a different way.

Dinokill

There is a reason men and women don't compete against each other in the Olympics and you all know why.

But who I'm kidding?. People like to be offended by anything these days.

This is why the WWE has Heyman talk for him. Lesnar is not well spoken. It's obvious what he meant, he's just dumb and said it in a dumb way.

Here's the problem: It's down playing her accomplishment as a woman. A woman gets to the top of something? Congrats, you are now an honorary man, the superior gender!

Though I do wonder, given Rousey's transphobia, if she'll take this as an insult in a different way.

Well women sports are c-level, so is a compliment.

dream

The thing about women's combat is that it's still in its nascent stages. Ronda even acknowledges this, pointing out that many of the top contenders in the women's divisions got their starts as girlfriends who accompanied their boyfriends to the gym and one day decided to give it a shot. So if we're using skill and experience as criterion, the women's divisions are significantly behind the men's divisions. When Brock calls Ronda a man amongst women, he's really paying her the highest possible compliment.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement that the best female fighters in their sport are not as strong as the best male fighters?

I dont know much about it, but I was under the impression that men outclass the women.

"I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook. I don't like gays."

Admittedly it's from a decade ago, but given statements like this I'd be inclined to say that he just has better handlers as opposed to being less socially conservative.

Basically male fighters are a bunch of bizarre alpha males who are actually insecure about a ton of shit. Lol. Why are these people celebrated again?

wildfire

Banned
This thread will have at least 8 pages before midnight.

Seeing how slow the response are, I wager 6 pages.

Oh lord!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Basically male fighters are a bunch of bizarre alpha males who are actually insecure about a ton of shit. Lol. Why are these people celebrated again?

Because they're high level professional athletes who also happen to be human beings so they will inherently have some insecurities.

Opto

Banned
Do you agree or disagree with the statement that the best female fighters in their sport are not as strong as the best male fighters?

I dont know much about it, but I was under the impression that men outclass the women.

No I agree men have advantage in terms of strength. But calling a woman a man is pretty fucking stupid.

Actually alot of women fighters are the one who always have that mentality of "I got something to prove" and that makes them bad training partners.

olympia

ah. here comes brock lesnar, who hasn't been relevant in MMA since 2010, to kindly remind us what a dumbass he still is

Alienous

Well he isn't speaking literally.

It would seem he's saying that she is performing at a level far above the baseline of her division, and much closer to the baseline of male athletes in the sport. Perhaps it's controversial to suggest that male MMA has, on average, better athletes but of the matches I've seen that would appear to be the case, and Rousey the exception.

I can sort of see where being offended at the comment would arise from, though.

Weiss

Banned
I don't get GAF sometimes.

It's not even enough that you don't think there's anything wrong; fair enough there, but you have to go inform everyone that they're loud whiny assholes because they take umbrage at an incredibly sexist remark?

Lazyslob

Banned
It really is impressive how she manages training, doing movies and promoting fights in between defending her belt for incredibly minute amounts of time.

not really. shes just way better than her competition her competition stinks so she gets to do movies and still look good compared to her division

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I was waiting for someone to quote him out of context and make a thread about it.

I don't think pigeonholing all male fighters into archetypes similar to Brock or even Mayweather is fair nor that women can't behave similarly, and they're celebrated for their athletic prowess. I just don't get why people need to defend folks for being cunts just because they're good at their profession; it's possible to be in awe of a persons ability/talent whilst also seeing that they're a dick.

Openly homophobic man also says something sexist? Why I never! Clearly he's simply being misinterpreted and didn't understand what he meant!

Why is it sexist though? Men are much better fighters than women (hence the different divisions). If she's a man among women in the ring, then that means she's on another level.

Amory

I don't get GAF sometimes.

It's not even enough that you don't think there's anything wrong; fair enough there, but you have to go inform everyone that they're loud whiny assholes because they take umbrage at an incredibly sexist remark?

It was pretty clearly a mistake and not an intent to be sexist.

When people can't decipher between the two and just go crazy at any opportunity, I think it actually hurts feminism

Pretty sure Rousey could kick the collective male population of neogaf's ass

It's a bell curve. She's most certainly stronger than the average male, just like the average male is stronger than the average female.

She can't compete with the top men though.

Weiss

Banned
It was pretty clearly a mistake and not an intent to be sexist.

When people can't decipher between the two and just go crazy at any opportunity, I think it actually hurts feminism

Do you think every person who says awful shit deliberates over it? Is prejudice an active decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom