• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

Saoshyant

Yeah, the Steam keys are available now but don't rush enthusiastically into redeeming yours or anything; game cannot be played until tomorrow.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Got charged for my upgraded pledge for the physical version. So... I guess that's a good sign. Kinda sucks there's no DRM-free digital release, but whatevz.

Stuart444

So quick question, what route is recommended to start with? Before or After? I'd automatically think Before but After is listed first and makes me think that is recommended to play first.

takoyaki

So quick question, what route is recommended to start with? Before or After? I'd automatically think Before but After is listed first and makes me think that is recommended to play first.

You can pick either one. After plays more like 999/VLR, Before is a very different kind of VN. The cast of both routes meet at some point in the story, but you won't completely understand what's going on until you've played through both routes.

The way honorifics are handled in this game is pretty sloppy. Either localize the text completely or keep the honorifics, don't do this assed half thing where you replace the honorifics with an English word that sounds unnatural and anyone can spot what honorific is supposed to be there. I hope this isn't because they rushed the editing process to get this out in April.

Jazz573

The way honorifics are handled in this game is pretty sloppy. Either localize the text completely or keep the honorifics, don't do this assed half thing where you replace the honorifics with an English word that sounds unnatural and anyone can spot what honorific is supposed to be there. I hope this isn't because they rushed the editing process to get this out in April.

Meh. I don't think it's a big deal.

Olengie

Can i have an example? Lol

Vanethyr

Welp.

My Kickstarter rewards have apparently arrived for this, but are being held by customs with a £42 charge to pay off... why now >.<

Rektash

Welp.

My Kickstarter rewards have apparently arrived for this, but are being held by customs with a £42 charge to pay off... why now >.<

I just paid a visit to my local customs office which held my copy of Root Double. Had to pay 24&#8364; (= 19% german VAT of the 130&#8364; pledged) with no additional customs fees.

Oh well, I knew this was gonna happen before I pledged, so all is good. Kinda suprised I didn't have to pay any additional fees besides 19% german VAT though. Usually, when I import stuff, I have
to pay more than just VAT but I guess the guy in charge had a good day this time around.

Finnroth

Well... while I payed my customs fees, no package has yet arrived. It usually takes no more than two days.
Since this has a precedent, I wouldn't be too surprised if they simply took the fee and send the package back to the sender -_-

Shizuka

For Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition, we are happy to report that the game is now in QA and moving towards its intended release schedule window. The game will be available on the PlayStation Store for your PlayStation Vita, and is brought to you by the original staff at Regista. They worked very hard to ensure the best possible experience for all handheld gamers out there and you can expect this to come your way very soon. Backers will also be notified soon about exact dates as soon as Sony clears everything and provides a release date.

Source: Sekai Project.

Got a reply on Sep 2 for a support request I made on 3 Aug:
Sekai Project said:
Hello Dunnymeister,

Thank you for writing in. I apologize for the delay in response. We have discussed this internally, and are working on getting an update out soon. We sincerely apologize for both the delay in response and in updates.

Remember you can view your ticket at <redacted>

Regards,
Sekai Project Support

You can report projects for "Post-funding Issues: The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear". 6 months with no update at all surely warrants it?

Top Bottom