• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

Jazzem

Changed my $30 pledge to a $40 at the last second for the Vita version! I've got a VN backlog on PC as it is, so hopefully I'll be done with that by the time the portable version hits :D

blacksark

Why? It's not like there's something waiting for us at 155k. I'm glad the project is funded and Sekai Project will get to publish the game.

Yep, but the more we get the better, they have to develop a vita version that was not planned in the budget and that has to be expensive

Shizuka

Yep, but the more we get the better, they have to develop a vita version that was not planned in the budget and that has to be expensive

Yes, you're right. I like the new path Sekai Project is headed, even if there are still loose ends from past projects.

Shizuka

I'll edit the OP once the additional week is over and the Paypal numbers are up. Congratulations again, Audi and Sekai Project!

Vanethyr

Changed my $30 pledge to a $40 at the last second for the Vita version! I've got a VN backlog on PC as it is, so hopefully I'll be done with that by the time the portable version hits :D

I don't even know where to begin with mine :| think it's gonna be a coin toss between fault milestone one and WORLD END ECONOMiCA.

Would be nice to get the backlog out of the way before this and Muv-Luv hit though.

Congrats to Sekai though! So glad to see this actually made it along with all the changes on the way ^ ^

blacksark

Congrats to everyone involved in sekai project(Audi,dovac etc), didn't think we'll make it many times but now that we've made it I can't wait to play this game

grim-tales

I cant wait to play it!
I just got an email saying "Your pledge has been charged", do I get another email confirming my shipping address and that everything has been sent etc?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
There's some Tokyo Highschool thing they're going to do a Kickstarter for. It's a VN

I hope they hold out a bit for wallets to grow again, and to ship out more of the older KS items. I know some will be mailed out soon, and I think it's very important to get their reputation healed a bit, through that.

Things can start off shakey, but as long as things work out in the end.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Whoa, this is from the Ever17 guy? I threw some money at it not knowing that, just because people seemed excited.

Now I'm excited.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Congratulations on a successful Kickstarter! I ended up pledging more than I planned, but it's fine. Long live the Vita.

Vanethyr

Heads up: BackerKit invites are going out now.

Add-ons are as follows:

W2FDzGP.png

grim-tales

Ditto :) I hope I filled in the address right, it kept saying "We found this address" and filled in the State/Province part

Rektash

Can't fill out my survey as I have pledged 140$ via paypal and only later realized I had to add the 10$ shipping myself. For some reason paypal checkout didn't add any shipping. Used the backerkit help form to ask if I could paypal them another 10$ to cover shipping but no answer so far.

Consider me slightly concerned.

Vanethyr

In case anyone hasn't seen this from Sekai:

Due to the compressed schedule we're working at we must lock down the "Your name in the credits" question by Saturday (2/27) at 11 AM, PST so we have enough time to add everyone to the video.

XMSHO

Can't fill out my survey as I have pledged 140$ via paypal and only later realized I had to add the 10$ shipping myself. For some reason paypal checkout didn't add any shipping. Used the backerkit help form to ask if I could paypal them another 10$ to cover shipping but no answer so far.

Consider me slightly concerned.
They will email you soon with a link for paypal payment, if you are in a hurry here the link they sent to me.

Vanethyr

Game Status Update #1

Hey backers,

Super quick/short update, the programming for Root Double is going smoothly, recently Regista has gotten achievements to work with Steamworks and are currently testing cloud saves and the overlay.

We’ll have some more updates in the future but in the meantime we wanted to let everyone know that we’re working hard to get the release ready!

Saoshyant

Probably surprising no one, the release got delayed:

Hello Backers,

We have worked hard to try to release the game in March, however we regret to inform you that due to various circumstances, Root Double's release date has been delayed from March to sometime in April. We ask for your understanding and thank you for your patience.

In the meantime, we would also like to announce that Root Double will have Steam Card support at launch.

The previous release date seemed exceedingly optimistic.

Saoshyant

Midway through April now -- in fact, it's April 18 here. I'd imagine they would have given a new date by now, even if at the end of the month, but so far, nothing. I imagine (and fear) the release will be delayed again.

I do wish they would say anything, but from what I've heard, silence and delays have been par for the course for other Seikai Kickstarters.

Midway through April now -- in fact, it's April 18 here. I'd imagine they would have given a new date by now, even if at the end of the month, but so far, nothing. I imagine (and fear) the release will be delayed again.

I do wish they would say anything, but from what I've heard, silence and delays have been par for the course for other Seikai Kickstarters.

I've heard review copies have gone out, so I think that means good things for the release.

creid

l o l
We're finally ready to announce a release date for Root Double -Before Crime * After Days- Xtend Edition it will be April 28th JST (So tomorrow evening for West Coasters in USA) on Steam!

Top Bottom