• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

Jazz573

The playing order is probably pretty significant for how people rank these games. I'd have liked VLR more if I hadn't read the Infinity series first as a lot of that game came off as stale and recycled.

I read 999 first and I still prefer Ever17 and the rest of the Infinity series.

$131,988 pledged of $135,000 goal. Cool. Bumped up to that $40 Vita tier.

I guess it's not entirely on topic but as long as it's being discussed: Am I correct in assuming there isn't a legal way to play the [English] Infinity games that isn't prohibitively expensive?

I guess it's not entirely on topic but as long as it's being discussed: Am I correct in assuming there isn't a legal way to play the [English] Infinity games that isn't prohibitively expensive?

For Ever17 yes. Never7 and Remember11 might not be that expensive to import and apply the fan patch, but I don't know what recent prices are like.

Jazz573

$131,988 pledged of $135,000 goal. Cool. Bumped up to that $40 Vita tier.

You are correct. Ever17 is the only one btw. There are fan TLs of Never7 and Remember11, and you can purchase them digitally. Ever17 as well, but there's no patch for that.

For Ever17 yes. Never7 and Remember11 might not be that expensive to import and apply the fan patch, but I don't know what recent prices are like.

MaginoDrive sells them all digitally.

Not sure if DLSite and DMM also have it.

Whoa, badass. Didn't realize it'd be so cheap to get two of the three. Definitely picking up Nver7 and starting it soon. Thanks all.

Vanethyr

iRjrRWU.png

So close now!

Come on, people ;_;

I also agree. Ever17 is great, but a bit too slow even for me.
I felt the tedium that hits around hour 30 pays off when you start that true ending route, and a twist makes you go "HOW DID BOTH MYSELF AND MY CHARACTER NOT NOTICE THAT ALL THIS TIME!?!" set to rockin' twist music.

Life is worth living just for those moments in interactive fiction. I hope Root Double can replicate that gallon of adrenaline hitting all at once again.

Jazz573

I felt the tedium that hits around hour 30 pays off when you start that true ending route, and a twist makes you go "HOW DID BOTH MYSELF AND MY CHARACTER NOT NOTICE THAT ALL THIS TIME!?!" set to rockin' twist music.

Life is worth living just for those moments in interactive fiction. I hope Root Double can replicate that gallon of adrenaline hitting all at once again.

Takeshi Abo is a great composer. His work on the Infinity and Science Adventure series is great.

Ganado

I really want to know if they will be using Steamworks (cards, achievements and the most important, cloud) for this.

Rektash

Sweet, with paypal coming tomorrow I can finally pledge for this.

Hmm, looking at my options here, I will probably go for the 140$ tier. Don't really need shirts/blankets/bags/tapestry but I'd love to own the collector's edition of the game and the vita port. Looking good!

grim-tales

Remember11 is my favourite of the Infinity series. It's really nice to have played them in release order because you'll notice things in common, namely mentions of characters from other games.

Never7 wasn't amazing but I enjoyed it. Yuuka best girl. :p Kurumi is adorable.

I liked Kurumi, she was cute but
It was disconcerting that Makoto sometimes almost seems like a paedophile around her (maybe because she acts about 11). She's 17, WTF Japan

Aku-Audi

Thanks to all of you for such incredible support. Even at your most critical, it helped us gain some momentum and get things into proper order. dovac literally worked around the clock for this for months now. Poor guy needs a break.

Thanks again, now the real work begins for me...;_;

blacksark

Thanks to all of you for such incredible support. Even at your most critical, it helped us gain some momentum and get things into proper order. dovac literally worked around the clock for this for months now. Poor guy needs a break.

Thanks again, now the real work begins for me...;_;

Thank you both (and bring more infinity game series?)

Well I said probably, not definitely. It would be best to actually ask JAST USA if they do indeed own them.

The scenario you're painting is pretty unlikely, especially if you are talking more than just the rights to the English script. The barriers to new localization are probably coming from Japan.

Jazz573

The scenario you're painting is pretty unlikely, especially if you are talking more than just the rights to the English script. The barriers to new localization are probably coming from Japan.

Probably. I just know JAST USA did acquire some (all?) of Hirameki's licenses.

grim-tales

I'd actually be interested to see a new E17 localisation. Great as it was to play in English (and I'm very grateful) I thought the localisation was a mess at times.

Knurek

Thank you both (and bring more infinity game series?)

How about some C's Ware games?
Give EVE: Burst Error a good translation, port it to some decent engine and add PC-98 music instead of crappy MIDIs the Win32 port used and you have my money.
(Same with Desire and Xenon)

Jazz573

How about some C's Ware games?
Give EVE: Burst Error a good translation, port it to some decent engine and add PC-98 music instead of crappy MIDIs the Win32 port used and you have my money.
(Same with Desire and Xenon)

MG has EVE, I wonder if that would cause problems? I'm hoping Burst Error R gets an English version. Xenon doesn't even have an English version. ;( Sad time for Kanno fans.

Shizuka

Congratulations, Audi and Sekai Project! I can't wait to play the game come March.

Please, don't forget to check touch controls for the game, if you can.

So since this is funded is there a point to donating now if you just want a PC digital copy? Would the price on Steam later on be more expensive?

So since this is funded is there a point to donating now if you just want a PC digital copy? Would the price on Steam later on be more expensive?

Sekai Project has priced their PC games higher than the lowest KS entry tier in the past. I don't think they've said what the Steam price will be, but it could be higher than $30.

Top Bottom