• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Root Double - Before Crime * After Days KS ($135k goal/Steam&Vita/Zero Escape-like)

The way the Vita tiers have been handled is a mess, would have been nice to have these tiers announced at the same time instead of with 48 hours to go!!!

Still, I'm glad this is going ahead finally. Can't wait to see what everyone's excited about :D

The way the Vita tiers have been handled is a mess, would have been nice to have these tiers announced at the same time instead of with 48 hours to go!!!

Still, I'm glad this is going ahead finally. Can't wait to see what everyone's excited about :D

They address why it took a long time in the OP.

grim-tales

Hey,
For those outside the US who have backed some of the higher tiers (say up to $150) - is there a chance this could be marked lower on the package? :)

Aku-Audi

Root Double said:
We finally made it! 100% funded with 35+ hours to spare. So where do we go from here?

First, PayPal support will be added tomorrow at 11am PST.

Also, of course there is our first stretch goal, which is still very possible. This fanbook is especially interesting because Root Double never had any art book or similar forms of media made in Japan, making it exclusive to this brand new English release.

Along with our Thunderclap social media reach campaign, we hope to see this become available with all your support! Speaking of our Thunderclap, if we reach our goal of 250 sign ups, we will be able to add 100 new slots to the $40 Vita tier!

We are only a few sign ups away, so ask your friends to help out! We’ll be working hard till the very last second, and we thank each and every one of you for the amazing support and dedication we’ve experienced through this campaign.

You guys are why we work so hard to deliver new and incredible adventures to experience.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-crime-after-days-xtend-edition/posts/1481482

blacksark

I'll take a Kickstarter if it means the Vita version of Eve Burst Error. Look at that cover!
Oh that looks great,don't kill me but didn't know which game it was, but that vita release will definitely be interesting. However a re-release of ever17 with a nice translation,good pricing and tiers and maybe the hd assets or even much better a console release, I'll definitely pay for that. Audi you such a teaser.

Jazz573

Oh that looks great,don't kill me but didn't know which game it was, but that vita release will definitely be interesting. However a re-release of ever17 with a nice translation,good pricing and tiers and maybe the hd assets or even much better a console release, I'll definitely pay for that. Audi you such a teaser.

It's an old PC-98 game originally from 1995. :p So not surprising if you haven't heard of it. Translation (of the Windows version) is notoriously bad. Pretty sure it was translated by non-native speakers of English. There have been several ports. The original is an eroge, but this version is not (the H scenes were actually taken out of the English release with no option of an 18+ version). And it's coming to Vita and PC. You can still get the crap English version on MG, and on Desura. MG isn't the original publisher but acquired the rights from Himeya Soft (actually the US branch, which is confusingly also called Himeya Soft, with C's Ware being the dev, but they, C's Ware that is, are after all a brand of Himeya Soft) If you are at all familiar with Yu-No, it's the same writer.

Tizoc

It just occure to me that the thread title is needlessly long mainly due to putting the game's full title

Aku-Audi

It's an old PC-98 game originally from 1995. :p So not surprising if you haven't heard of it. Translation (of the Windows version) is notoriously bad. Pretty sure it was translated by non-native speakers of English. There have been several ports. The original is an eroge, but this version is not. And it's coming to Vita and PC. You can still get the crap English version on MG, and on Desura. If you are at all familiar with Yu-No, it's the same writer.

Also music composed by my late, great friend , Ryu Umemoto.

blacksark

It's an old PC-98 game originally from 1995. :p So not surprising if you haven't heard of it. Translation (of the Windows version) is notoriously bad. Pretty sure it was translated by non-native speakers of English. There have been several ports. The original is an eroge, but this version is not (the H scenes were actually taken out of the English release with no option of an 18+ version). And it's coming to Vita and PC. You can still get the crap English version on MG, and on Desura. MG isn't the original publisher but acquired the rights from Himeya Soft (actually the US branch, which is confusingly also called Himeya Soft, with C's Ware being the dev, but they, C's Ware that is, are after all a brand of Himeya Soft) If you are at all familiar with Yu-No, it's the same writer.

Thanks for the explaination ;). Quite a mess what has done with the game right?. Yep, I do know Yu-No, overall the games looks great and will definitely want to see the vita version here in english(but please not now that I don't have any money left after root double)

Shinriji

Congrat on the funding the game, but as I said before, I won't ever back another Sekai vita game until they deliver Fault Milestone One.

Knurek

Aku, not sure if this is the right time to ask, but if you could please tell us who will be handling editing and QA for the script? Will there be any oversight by you on the work lemnis.ca (I'm guessing Blick Winkel) does?

I'm asking because this is a VN that lives and dies on the story (no sex to sell to horny teenagers), so having a subpar text will hurt you even more.
I/O was a good translation in desperate need of an editor or two to rewrite parts of it, and had its share of typos as well. Totally fine for a 'free' product, but I don't think it will work as well for something you have to shell at least $30 to play.

Shizuka

Less than 24 hours left and 142k raised, I don't think it's reaching the first stretch goal. In any case, it's a victory for Sekai Project.

Rektash

Paypal is up for those who were waiting. It's going to remain up for another week past the KS end.

rootdoublermsdt.png

No regrets. I was gonna pledge more than that initially but then I realized I don't really like any of the higher tiers. Not like I am ever gonna use any of that shirt/blanket/etc swag so I just went for the tier that gave me all versions/ports of the game with a nice looking physical collectors edition and the ost.

blacksark

It will make between 165-170K I believe,although we may not hit the stretch goal I hope that they use those funds wisely so they can deliver high quality physical rewards and help them making the vita version. In any case we are going to have the game which are fantastic news.

Well, originally, due to financial constraints, I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to do the $30 tier, even though I really want this game. However, my tax return has come in quite a bit higher than I was expecting, so once that's cleared and backerkit is setup, I'll almost certainly upgrade to the $140 tier. Looking forward to playing this!

Will funds acquired from PayPal count towards stretch goals?
Yes. Though it's unlikely to matter.

It will make between 165-170K I believe,although we may not hit the stretch goal I hope that they use those funds wisely so they can deliver high quality physical rewards and help them making the vita version. In any case we are going to have the game which are fantastic news.
There's less than a day left, it's not going to make that much. It probably won't go beyond 155k.

blacksark

Yes. Though it's unlikely to matter.

There's less than a day left, it's not going to make that much. It probably won't go beyond 155k.

Yes,I may have said more than what it's going to make but there is also paypal and then the backerkit that many people are planning on updating the pledge.

blacksark

2 questions for someone who has pledged with paypal: do you get a confirmation email saying you've paid for that? and second one is does the amount you pay include the shipping(because when I tried it there was no way to include it)

grim-tales

Hey,
When I clicked on "Update Payment Method" it only has a variety of card options to pledge with, but not Paypal :s I'll live with it I guess, its just with Paypal you dont have your CC company performing conversions for you.

Rektash

Looks like paypal pledges didn't ask for shipping, not sure if they forgot about that.

Because I know I paid 140$ via paypal for the 140$ tier and I am now out 10$ to actually ship that stuff to my location. Oh KS paypal pains, how I love thee.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Alright, I'm in. Looks pretty cool. Between this and Muv Luv, it's kinda weird that we're getting some legit visual novels in the West.

Top Bottom